More Artifacts Project

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Ragox
Developer

More Artifacts Project

Post by Ragox »

Like Cicero [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24522&highlight=]said earlier this year[/url] (post #7), the amount of artifacts we feature in TR is very underwhelming. In total they add up to just about 15, compared to Morrowinds 60-70. But TR is a good 30-40% bigger than Morrowind with Tribunal and Bloodmoon together. So in order to provide the players with about the same fun experience of finding many interesting artifacts during their playthrough we need to increase that number to at least 100 artifacts. That means we're currently lacking 85 artifacts.

Now that sounds like a lot, and it definitely is. And since every outlander knows that talk is cheap I started working on the issue and created 11 artifacts designs on my own and Dormichigan64 adding another 2 so far. Until now I've been able to find good resource models, but there seem not to be that many around anymore since the death of PES. So it would be great to see some help in that area (whether it's linking to good resources or creating new ones).

So for now you can check out what Dormichigan64 and I came up with so far and would kindly like to invite you to post any own ideas and/or feedback you might have.

My artifacts:
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/8RkMNIG.png[/img][/spoiler]
Dormichigan64's:
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/YjQ9pGP.png[/img][/spoiler]

Edit 13.08.14: Added 2 Medium Shield artifacts
Edit 15.08.14: Added 4 more Artifacts! (17 in total now)
Edit 20.08.14: Some updates to existing designs
Last edited by Ragox on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Ashstaar hasn't responded to his artifacts page in several months, so lets hope he is still up for finishing the models that Cicero put on his list.

Other than that, I know of two unused weapon-artifacts in TR Data. Their ID's in the CS are TR_w_boethiah_axe_uni and TR_w_meridia_dag_uni.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

RyanS wrote:Ashstaar hasn't responded to his artifacts page in several months, so lets hope he is still up for finishing the models that Cicero put on his list.

Other than that, I know of two unused weapon-artifacts in TR Data. Their ID's in the CS are TR_w_boethiah_axe_uni and TR_w_meridia_dag_uni.
Don't worry, he was recently online and is probably just busy with other stuff. I'd really love to integrate his artifacts.

I also spotted those unused artifacts (+Queen of Bats) and gave them some enchantments. Weird how they were overlooked.

My current plan is to finish about 20 artifacts and a book in total and place them onto map 3 for a start.

Then the lead devs can choose to modify them (if wanted) and include this in the release, or not.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

A related discussion is in this thread:

[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23601&sid=e5b229cd23a1f3aef74210c8417317e2[/url]
THEO
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

one more artifacts:

Scales of Ardril:
According to legend, these scales belonged to a scholar named Ardril. Upon uncovering daedric runes in a daedric shrine and reading it, Ardril enchanted the scales. Ardril and his crew have not been seen since. The enchantment of the scales are unknown. They say the shrine is located _______.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Updated the main post with 4 new artifacts (2 bows, 1 amulet, 1 short blade).
Dormichigan64 wrote:Ardril and his crew have not been seen since.
It's decent, but please take a look at that sentence again. Is crew really a good fit in this case?
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Now that I think about it, I think I should just take away crew all together. Also, I forgot to mention the enchantment of the scales: it would give you intelligence and drain agility when in inventory. I don't care if you change the description or not, though.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

I came up with a couple more:

Ergnum Black-Fist's Bruiser:
blunt one hand
enchantment:
cast when strikes
drain strength 10-15 pts for 7 secs on target
fortify strength 20 pts for 3 secs on self

Ergnum was a mercenary from Skyrim who was hired by a rich noble. But Ergnum was not happy with his payment, so he complained to the noble, who then gave the Bruiser to Ergnum as extra payment. He then took off with the mace and became an adventurer and was famed because of the weapon.

Face of Masser/Face of Secunda:
heavy/light helmet
enchantment:
constant effect
night eye 40 pts
resist frost 20pts

(these would be rewarded depending on the player's skills. I also imagine them looking like the khajiit helmets from Elder Scrolls Online, Face of Masser would have a red tint when Face of Secunda would be silver.)

no description

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Few moars:

Mehlanra's Web Weaver
ring
enchantment:
cast when used
paralyze 30 ft for 7 secs on target
poison 10 pts in 30 ft for 7 secs on target
drain fatigue 10 pts for 7 secs on self

As tales would suggest, this ring was used by the terrible witch known as Mehlanra who would use it by seducing her victims with her rather attractive appearance. Some believe that it is still in her possession to this day somewhere around the Argonian boarder.

Black Fang
long blade one hand
enchantment:
cast when strikes
drain health 10 pts for 10 secs on touch
demoralize creature 20 pts for 10 secs on touch
detect animal 15 pts for 10 secs on self

"When the black beast roams the forest, the land is theirs. When the black beast climbs the mountains, the sky is theirs. When the black beast walks the earth, the world is theirs." -translated Bosmeri text. Nothing is known about this weapon except that it exists. Many have claimed seeing the blade before going paranoid and sick, after which they would die slowly.

Wall of Lords
heavy shield
enchantment:
constant effect
fortify personality 20 pts
shield 20 pts
resist magicka 20pts

The Wall of Lords was crafted by Sindion Evicus, master craftsman. Sindion was working in a mine when a large burst of magical energy from a mage duel up above collapsed one of the tunnels. Using his shield, Sindion managed to protect the few survivors from the collapse and the magic energy, hence the name Wall of Lords.

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Some Bal-more-ah:

Spirit Helm
medium helmet
enchantment:
constant effect
chameleon 40 pts
resist normal weapons 100 pts
weakness to magicka 60 pts

(I imagine this looking like a skull under a hood)

It was clear that Fadril Arendu, a very powerful yet not particularly well known enchanter, was not the most sane of individuals, because he was crazy enough to succeed in transforming himself into a ghost. Shortly after, he was laid to rest in the city of Necrom. It is said that his ghostly head still lies in his ashes, and grants anyone who is silly enough to wear it the ability to appear as a ghost.

Mountainrend
medium right gauntlet
enchantment:
cast when used
disintegrate armor 30 pts in 10 ft on touch
shock damage 20 pts in 10 ft on touch

Similar to it's left counterpart, Ironcleave, it's origins are unknown, but it is known for it's power, and is a popular item for treasure hunters and adventurers alike.

Ironcleave
medium left gauntlet
enchantment:
cast when used
disintegrate weapon 30 pts in 10 on touch
fire damage 20 pts in 10 ft on touch

Like it's cousin, Mountainrend, it's origins are unknown, but it is a very powerful item, and is sought out by treasure hunters and adventurers alike.

Arrow of Everflight
arrow
enchantment:
shock damage 5-11 pts on touch
scripted effect:
gets replaced every time it gets shot

This magical arrow is truly a must-have item for every archer. Every time it leaves it's quiver, it is replaced by another, yielding an infinite amount of arrows.

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

BTW, do you think we should add an artifact in Kemel-Ze?

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I suppose it would be neat if the Pauldrons of Lzigat could have a unique model. Those are the artifacts in Kemel-Ze.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

True that. Aren't they inaccessible or something?

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Making a new texture for the old model could be easily done. One that is inscribed, more ornate, and not damaged would should be good enough.
my opinion.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Dormichigan64 wrote:True that. Aren't they inaccessible or something?
For now, yes. But that is only because Kemel-Ze is not 100% complete.

Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

What needs doing? I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

PS: Feedback on my artifacts?

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

A deployable trap used by famous hunter/trapper. Player would drop it on ground and once ai is within active distance it would cause a modest amount of damage and prevent enemy from moving for 6 seconds. After that time enemy is slowed. Could be a daedric artifact related to Hircine? Might require soul gem charge to work.
my opinion.
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

I thought of three names for that: Daedra's Snare, Hircine's Noose, or Hunter's Embrace. Could have a similar effect to those magical traps of mass destruction and mastication from Tribunal. Hate those things.

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Guard of the Champion
medium cuirass
enchantment:
constant effect
shield 40 pts
restore fatigue 10 pts

(there would be a quest to get either the guard or the thingie on the post above. It might go something like this.)

The captain of the guard at some town will ask you to take care of a troll problem. Upon entering the lair in which the trolls are, Malacath's follower will talk to you saying that Malacath wants you to not kill the trolls but instead just lead them away from the town to another cave. But, when you near the other cave, an aspect of Hircine will appear telling you to get rid of them for good in case they decide to attack again. You can either kill the trolls or lead them to the cave. If you decide to save the cute things, tell Malacath's follower that you did and he will reward you with the guard of the Champion. If you decide to kill them, however, Hircine will appear again to reward you the other thingie. After all the crap you went through, go back to town and tell the captain that it wasn't much of a problem. Eh? Eh?

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)