Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

As most are aware, UESP/wiki has a ton of resources. Below are links to a few of the pages I find useful.

MW Books, TR Books (*Updated 12/2014)**See below for Excel Spreadsheet with listing of TR Books/Scrolls with Descriptions,
MW Spells, TR Spells

The Imperial Library is also a great resource.

Let me know if there are any other pages that you find useful and I'll add them to the list.

Floating Items
Many Morrowind items require the modder to press “f” twice, in order for the item to sit flat on another surface. This is primarily due to the collision mesh of the item extending beyond the extent of the model mesh. The following file contains Morrowind mesh files that have had their collision meshes adjusted. I have concentrated on items that would be placed inside an interior. I have fixed items from the f, i, m, o, and x directories.

To use: Extract the contents of this file to the “Data Files\Meshes” directory of your Morrowind game. If you are using a pure vanilla installation – nothing should be overwritten.

Fixed MW Meshes

If you come across any items that still need to be “f”'d twice, please let me know.

MW & TR Items
The following PDFs contain pictures and either Ids or Model names, of various items from MW and TR. These are works-in-progress. I did not plan on releasing these until they were done, but I still find them useful when creating interiors and hopefully you will too. The items are grouped into various categories (Flora, Containers, etc) to make it easier to find what you are looking for. I am unsure when I'll get back to working on these but will post updates when I do.

BEDS
CONTAINERS
FLORA
INGREDIENTS
LIGHTS
MISC Items

STATIC Items
FURNISHINGS
CAVES

INTERIORS
Common
Dwemer
Imperial
Velothi/Vivec

Other Catalogs
Klinn's catalogues Clothing, heads and (some) terrain

DDS Previewer for Windows
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dds_thumbnail_viewer.html

Last edited by Seneca37 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:07 am; edited 7 times in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
sasquatch2o
Developer
15 Jul 2014

The PDFs you've added are a great resource. Hopefully once your done with these you can upload them along with the PDFs so they are "copy-pastable."
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Dragon32
06 Apr 2008

seneca37 wrote:
As most are aware, UESP/wiki has a ton of resources. Below are links to few of the pages I find useful.

MW Books, TR Books, MW Spells, TR Spells

Let me know if there are any other pages that you find useful and I'll add them to the list.
<snip>

Have you seen Srikandi's TESCS Item Index?

seneca37 wrote:
<snip>
Floating Items
Many Morrowind items require the modder to press “f” twice, in order for the item to sit flat on another surface. This is primarily due to the collision mesh of the item extending beyond the extent of the model mesh. The following file contains Morrowind mesh files that have had their collision meshes adjusted. I have concentrated on items that would be placed inside an interior. I have fixed items from the f, i, m, o, and x directories.

To use: Extract the contents of this file to the “Data Files\Meshes” directory of your Morrowind game. If you are using a pure vanilla installation – nothing should be overwritten.

Fixed MW Meshes

If you come across any items that still need to be “f”'d twice, please let me know.
<snip>

I'm currently one of the people attempting to breathe new life into the Unofficial Morrowind Patch (Bethsoft), one of the things I'm (slowly) collecting are mesh and texture fixes. These meshes with altered collision boxes sound like they've got potential to be included. How would you feel about that?

seneca37 wrote:
<snip>
MW & TR Items
The following PDFs contain pictures and either Ids or Model names, of various items from MW and TR. These are works-in-progress. I did not plan on releasing these until they were done, but I still find them useful when creating interiors and hopefully you will too. The items are grouped into various categories (Flora, Containers, etc) to make it easier to find what you are looking for. I am unsure when I'll get back to working on these but will post updates when I do.

BEDS
CONTAINERS
FLORA
INGREDIENTS
LIGHTS
MISC Items

STATIC Items
FURNISHINGS
CAVES

INTERIORS
Common
Dwemer
Imperial
Velothi/Vivec

Have you seen Klinn's catalogues? Clothing, heads and (some) terrain.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer
05 Nov 2006

That TR Books link is embarrassingly out of date
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

sasquatch2o wrote:
... "copy-pastable."

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "copy-pastable"?

Last edited by Seneca37 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
sasquatch2o
Developer
15 Jul 2014

Oh, sorry I meant the actual file for the editor so people can preview all the items and copy what they like into their interior. This combined with the PDFs would be very useful!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Dragon32 wrote:
Have you seen Srikandi's TESCS Item Index?

... These meshes with altered collision boxes sound like they've got potential to be included. How would you feel about that?

... Have you seen Klinn's catalogues? Clothing, heads and (some) terrain.

I hadn't seen those references - Thank You. I've included Klinn's at the top of the topic. Srikandi's is just a list (a nice list, very well done). If people find it useful I'll put it up top too. As for the meshes - sure use whatever you like.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:44 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

sasquatch2o wrote:
Oh, sorry I meant the actual file for the editor so people can preview all the items and copy what they like into their interior. This combined with the PDFs would be very useful!

Good Idea. I'll see what I've got. I did most of these awhile ago - and I know I've deleted a few of the esp files by accident while cleaning out my data files dir. But I'll add what I have.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Added links to Nvidia's DDS previewer for Windows, and to the Imperial Library
Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Here is a list of TR Books (from TR_Data.esm) with Subject and Descriptions. Special thanks goes to klep for compiling the list.

TR Book Listing With Description.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR Book Listing With Description.7z
 Filesize:  24.98 KB
 Downloaded:  160 Time(s)

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Edited top notice to indicate that the TR Book page on wiki has been updated.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:16 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
10Kaziem
Lead Developer
03 Apr 2015

Valuable tool: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

This is essential for any texture editors that use Photoshop. As of October 2015 this plugin still works with Photoshop CC 2015.
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:55 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group