Artifacts Brainstorming

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I say give it a go. Any concept is helpful.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/2686043/?
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

Sorry this took so long to get around to, it's a very basic sketch, and it looks like cra, because I am void of arartistic ability, but I hope it might be able to serve you in some way.
Attachments
DSC_0079.JPG
This is how I imagine a Chimer wepion(I imagine the color being a medium or dark shade of gold). The bottom part of the blade (everything below the line I drew I imagine being a lighter shade of gold (inspired by Japanese samurai katanas).
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

For a basic concept, I think it is good. Only thing would remove is the spike at the end of the blade, as it would get stuck in someone if you stabbed them (in real world of course). I think it is a good starting point.
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

Awesome, I am glad you don't hate it. I always saw it as a powerful slashing weapon, that you wouldn't use to chop, or stab with, but if you wish to use that concept, and remove the spike I would not oppose in anyway.
I thought about adding some kind of tassels to the ends of the grip, but I don't know how that would look, and I erred on the side of caution with messing up the drawing.

Also, I remember you posting a comment noting all the artifacts that had been thought up so far, and saying some may have to be removed. I think the ones that are not chosen should be sent over to Skyrim Home of the Nords, or Province Cyrodil, to see if they would have any interest in them.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

When looking for inspiration, go to the saints and the 36
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

aRenfrow wrote:Awesome, I am glad you don't hate it. I always saw it as a powerful slashing weapon, that you wouldn't use to chop, or stab with, but if you wish to use that concept, and remove the spike I would not oppose in anyway.
I thought about adding some kind of tassels to the ends of the grip, but I don't know how that would look, and I erred on the side of caution with messing up the drawing.

Also, I remember you posting a comment noting all the artifacts that had been thought up so far, and saying some may have to be removed. I think the ones that are not chosen should be sent over to Skyrim Home of the Nords, or Province Cyrodil, to see if they would have any interest in them.
That could be a possibility. But I think the reason some should be cut is because they don't fit with morrowind, or the elder scrolls overall.
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

Cicero wrote:That could be a possibility. But I think the reason some should be cut is because they don't fit with morrowind, or the elder scrolls overall.
That's a good point I hadn't thought off.

Have you seen the new thread about specific weapon enchants, potion affects, etc. It would be cool to draw inspiration from some some ideas listed there.
Fiore1300

Post by Fiore1300 »

Just two more that came to mind.

Name: Helmet of the Running Hunger (aka Helmet of the First Blighter, Chemua's Great Helm)

Type: Heavy Armor Helm

Suggested Effects: On Cast: Summon the powerful wraith of Dres Khizumet-e for 60 seconds. Another possibility would to have a disintegrating and/or poisoning area/on target effect.

Lore: The full-faced great helm of Chemua, the First Blighter. It is unknown how anyone might see from this helm, as its eye slits have been filled with a type of resin. Long considered the holy property of House Dres and kept within their sacred tombs, the helmet went missing during the Arnesian War.

--------------------

Name: Chimeri Penance Skirt (aka Skirt of Anagalshu, Skirt of Three Burdens, Dres Barbed Skirt)

Type:Skirt

Suggested Effects: On Cast: Fortify Fatigue, Restore Fatigue, Damage Health

Lore: A holy relic of House Dres, this skirt was worn by the ancestor Anagalshu during the Chimeri exodus from the Summersets. It is exquisitely High Elven in design, but stained with blood. Sharp spurs torture the legs of the wearer. Ancestor Anagalshu, a disciple of Veloth, turned from her family when she joined him in exodus. In doing so, it is said that she betrayed one son, abandoned another, and aborted a third. This skirt is a reminder that sacrifice precedes progress.

--------------------
"You preserve your shame but you kill your glory." Victor Hugo
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

perhaps a custom chimer armor set? or veloth's own staff
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

I am currently working on a mod that adds artifacts to unusual place, or places you wouldn't normally go to reward places for exploring past what the average person would. I would eventually like to make an add-on that does the same for TR, so I was wondering if I could get permission o use any artifacts you modeled here, that do not end up getting place in vanilla TR?
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

aRenfrow wrote:I am currently working on a mod that adds artifacts to unusual place, or places you wouldn't normally go to reward places for exploring past what the average person would. I would eventually like to make an add-on that does the same for TR, so I was wondering if I could get permission o use any artifacts you modeled here, that do not end up getting place in vanilla TR?

Could use Secrets Of Vvardenfell as a base for that.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Sorry it's been a while. I've finally got some time off, hence why I've been on the forums recently. I am hoping to do more with this thread in the next couple of days, I'll try and upload some artifacts too.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I did a new model of the Nobura Tayo gemstone from Dun Akafell. It's still a ruby, but a different model to give it uniqueness.
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
NifSkope Capture.png
NifSkope Capture.png (69.2 KiB) Viewed 4659 times
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Yo,

I just thought I'd share my Nightcutter model. It's just a simple NifSkope job, but I hope this is the kind of stuff you're looking for.

I'm kinda new to this stuff.
Attachments
nightcutter.nif
(27.49 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Looks good. Could use it as a blade of woe mesh? :)