System requirements?? anybody...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

alatheia

System requirements?? anybody...

Post by alatheia »

I'm in awe in which there hasn't been a rise in this question for this or morrowind rebirth. Basically all I need to know is whether you need a modern day card/processor to run any of the versions of tamriel rebuilt and if there are any versions I can run

- without MGSO 3.0/MW Overhaul of course -

specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom (tm) 9150e Quad-Core 1.80 Ghz
RAM: 4.00 GB
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Shit CARD, I Lag in big towns)
Vista (HP)SP2 64bit OS

This is a 2007 PC...
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

It's built around a 2002 game so that should be fine.

Why not d/l it and see- there's nothing to lose.
Test
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Actually means a 2002 engine, with its 2002 engine efficiency being one not even fit for 2010's ambitions, much less TR's unusual foresight in judging performance by far future standards- a regular 2007 machine will have severe lag in cities and 'forest' regions. Shouldn't keep you from trying to play though. interiors will be your shelters, and staring at the ground should help some.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

If you haven't already seen it, check out the [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:FPS_Optimizer]FPS Optimizer[/url].

There's a 2.0 version floating around But I wouldn't bother, the only real addition (IIRC) are some plugins and there've been enough reports of those plugins causing issues for people.

So, stick with 1.96, it could well help out.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I can run mge on my 500 $ laptop. Unless finances are really tight maybe you could consider donating or recycling that old one and buying a new used used one. You could try getting something off a university that is being replaced. For just 2 or 3 hundred you should be able to get something many times better than what you have.
my opinion.
cabal

Post by cabal »

I only ever had performance issues with TR in Firewatch, and that was only with a GeForce FX 5700 (a circa 2003 card), every other GPU I've used was just fine. Having a quad core won't help you much as Morrowind is single threaded, but my old 1.7GHz single core CPU ran TR just fine. You can also use core affinity to run Morrowind on its own core, which should get you more efficient use of your 1.8GHz, but it's probably not necessary.
petra

Post by petra »

gro-Dhal wrote:It's built around a 2002 game so that should be fine.

Why not d/l it and see- there's nothing to lose.

I'm just running a 2.4Ghz P4 with 1GB DRAM, a Radeon 9250 with 128MB, and while obviously I have a lot of features turned down, I haven't had any performance issue.

I'm running fully official patched+MCP. I only have the official mods, BB, some of Emma's mods and some additional clothing mods installed.