[Help] Plugin Corruption - Missing Cells

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Melchior Dahrk
Developer

[Help] Plugin Corruption - Missing Cells

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I am running into an issue with a large landmass mod I am working on where a large number of cells just go missing. The references are all still there, but nothing is visible. If I try loading those cells in the CS, the progress % just stops around 50% or so. Opening and closing the CS does not fix the issue.

Has anyone here at TR experienced a similar issue?

I think it might have something to do with a hard limit on the total number of mesh faces in a mod. Or maybe if you go over a certain limit in a single cell, it'll cause general instability. I have cells which range from 100k to 500k faces. It's not always the high face-count ones which disappear though.

The reason for that hypothesis is that when trying to figure out wth was going on, I put my ESP into a different Morrowind install which did not have all of the associated resources. Upon doing so, the missing cells magically reappeared again; albeit with a lot of error markers. I thought it might be a problem mesh so I started deleting my latest mesh additions by the rule of halves until I narrowed it down to one mesh in particular which ended up having 7000 faces and was used around 8 times in one cell. When I deleted that mesh in particular, the missing cells came back.

That example took place in a cell which was over 500k faces. But I have run into something similar afterwards where adding a 2000 face mesh induced missing cells in a cell which only had 127k faces. That's why I thought it could perhaps be a hard limit on the number of faces which could be present in an ESP. So I tried converting to ESM, but that did not solve the issue.

Does anyone at TR know of a hard limit on the number of faces in a cell? Or in an entire ESP perhaps?

I have also tried changing the clipping distance and toggling the Allow Render Window Cell Loads option in preferences, but neither of those seem to be a solution.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,
Melchior Dahrk