Skype Meetings

Threads related to the general organization of the project.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

We could then hold the meeting next week instead and then return to schedule the week after that.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Talking Points For the Next Meeting:

Discuss Over-Arcing Themes For The Region - Though tranquil on the surface, the Thirr River Valley is a political fault line between colliding cultures, including the Indoril vs. the Hlaalu and, to a lesser extent due to the presence of Old Ebonheart, the Imperials vs. the Dunmer. It highlights differences between ways of life, from the peasant villagers of the eastern bank, to the plantation owners and yeoman farmers of the western bank. Agriculture and trade come into play here heavily.

Exterior Changes - What touch-ups does the Thirr River Region require to finalize its exterior? Do we want to move forward with replacing the region's trees with new Corkbulb versions to diversify its appearance compared to the Ascadian Isles? How is the region's settlement density? Does it accomplish making the region feel densely populated, safe, and settled?

Name Changes - Finalizing the region, settlement, major NPC, and other important names. Some changes I've been mulling:

Thirr River Valley -> Fields of Thirr - This is one of Swiftoak's more recent suggestions. The current name sounds to technical to me, while the replacement suggests a feeling of fertility and prosperity that I believe the region should exude. Though it would be a stretch to describe the region as a "field" in its current form, the name works on a figurative level due to the abundant farms.

Donril -> Dondrit - Having a village in Indoril lands that ends with "ril" strieks me as a bit too unsubtle. Using "rit" instead would lend the village a less ornate name, I feel. It also sounds more rugged and rural.

Old Ebonheart -> Ebonheart - I'm in favor of finally nixing this logical fallacy. No one changes the name of a settlement simply because a "New" one has been founded elsewhere. York didn't suddenly become "Old York" because of New York's existence. Naturally, we'll need to decide on a new name for the Vvardenfell Ebonheart, which might be beyond the scope of our discussion this week, I admit.

Major Characters - This topic might overlap with faction discussions for the Indoril and Hlaalu, along with the Empire.

Dialogue and Quest Reviews - I would like for us to take time to discuss and review the format and content of my Indoril-Thirr Dialogue Document. Do the current entries paint a compelling narrative picture for their settlements and characters? We can also discuss the current quest plans for Dondril and Vhul (I also might post a few initial ideas for Almas Thirr and Roa Dyr quests in the meantime). We can also take a look at the current dialogue proposals for Old Ebonheart, along with the partial NPCing performed on Hlaalu-Thirr.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Yeti wrote:Old Ebonheart -> Ebonheart - I'm in favor of finally nixing this logical fallacy. No one changes the name of a settlement simply because a "New" one has been founded elsewhere. York didn't suddenly become "Old York" because of New York's existence. Naturally, we'll need to decide on a new name for the Vvardenfell Ebonheart, which might be beyond the scope of our discussion this week, I admit.
I thought we'd all agreed that this was part of Swiftoak's summer project map, because goddamn.
Hubris aside, the flippant way you posted this makes it pretty clear you have no real idea about how much this will break.

If this is actually a serious proposal, it needs to be discussed first and as a very important item. It will create a clusterfuck that will stay with TR for good if it is accepted. And I will argue against it at length.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

My suggestion is only to discuss the item at some point during the meeting to see if there is any consensus on the issue. No hubris was meant by my suggestion, though I see how it might read that way (I typed it up rather quickly when I found some spare time yesterday). There will definately be time for you to argue your points. I admit, I might not be completely aware of what changing the original settlement's name might entail, other than performing a largish search-and-replace through the dialogue, scripts, and cell names -- haven't we done something similiar in the past with name changes like with Llothanis? Hopefully we'll find common ground somewhere on the issue.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Yes well, that's fine and dandy if you only change a location that you have created in the first place.
If you change an existing one (and what's worse, move that cell name someplace else), you break the dialogue filter catastrophically bad. I've done it wih Anthology Solstheim, and Ebonheart is going to be way way worse. Especially since it all breaks all over again as soon as another mod hits (and with TR as a master file no less).

Rest assured, I'm writing up a comprehensive argument which I will present tomorrow. Just keep in mind that renaming Ebonheart will make TR incompatible with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch as a starter.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Sounds good, I should be there tomorrow. If we have time at the end I also have a few minor points myself with reference to our loose goals for the next maintenance release and forum stickies.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I see now that this might actually be a rather big topic to discuss in one meeting, or rather multifaceted; we'll probably have to put in an extra effort to keep on-topic if we really want to cover all of the points that will need to be discussed.

To add a bit to the mess, I might try and toss something together today before the meeting about the history of the region, which will tie in to exterior changes and the region's overall identity.

As for renaming Ebonheart, just to be clear, we should not and -- at least judging from Yeti's post -- are not discussing it because it's in Swiftoak's map. We are not bound to adopt or even consider any element of that map. However, we're also not bound to ignore its ideas. If we see something in Swiftoak's map that we think might be worth discussing, it's not like we shouldn't discuss it. That seems to be the case here, and I certainly have my own thoughts about what solutions may and may not work out, (and more thoughts about why the current situation is rather ill-considered), and by the looks of it I'm hardly alone in having an opinion on the matter. It's certainly worth discussing.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype Meeting on the topic of the Thirr River Valley will start an hour and ten minutes from now, at [url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx]6:00 PM GMT/UTC[/url].
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Drat, did I miss the meeting? I could have sworn 6 p.m. GMT converted to 1 p.m. Central Time the last time I attended a Skype Chat. We recently went through daylight savings - could that be the cause of my slip-up? Probably not, I suppose. More like it's just my faulty memory.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

The meeting is still going on, you can join in any time.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Wow, we managed to tackle the topic in just two-and-a-half hours.

This is the recording of the meeting. Or that's what I'd like to say, but only the last 40 minutes of the meeting were saved for some reason. Luckily, Kaziem took some notes during the meeting. Assuming I have the permission of those who took part in the meeting as was the case here, I'll be linking to the recordings in this thread now, at least for the time being. The recordings will not replace the summaries; for one thing, they're often three hours long and have a lot of silent moments and background noise, like vigorous keyboard tapping. For another, not everyone seems to be entirely comfortable with recordings of their voices being publicly available.
However, those with a lot of free time on their hands will be able to listen to meetings they missed without having to wait for a summary, which especially at the moment seems like it would be a great help, and those with even more free time on their hands might even be willing to help write the summaries using the recordings, ensuring that they get done as soon as possible.

On which note, I'd like to link the recordings of the other meetings which don't have summaries yet here as well, but I'm not sure if I have everyone's permission.

The next meeting will be on the topic of the history and geography of Morrowind. I'm frankly unsure if we were planning for it to take place next week or the week after, so that might be worth figuring out in this thread. If we're keeping to bi-weekly meetings for the time being, I see no harm in moving that meeting back a week like this one was, meaning it will take place in two weeks.
Last edited by Gnomey on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The next Skype Meeting will take place on Saturday, November 28, 2015 with the subject, as above, history and geography of Morrowind. (At the moment, the meetings take place once every two weeks, but it doesn't matter if which of the two weeks they take place on; the last meeting took place and the next one will take place on the second week).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

For the next Skype meeting, I've compiled a list of the key events in Morrowind's History. I've stayed away from ESO content, as I do not believe we should include it in TR.

The attached PDF contains a 1 page brief outline, followed by a more detailed description of the historical events. I tried to be thorough, but may have missed an event here or there.

The 2nd PDF is the more detailed description with some notes I've made. These are purely my ideas; just thoughts that I'd like seen implemented in the game if possible. These notes do NOT reflect the current ideas of Team Tamriel-Rebuilt.
Attachments
MW_History_Seneca37Notes.pdf
(79.18 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
MW_History.pdf
(83.5 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Ambitious effort!
Here are some spontaneous counter-thoughs:
[spoiler]Change "Aldmeri explorers mapped the coasts of Vvardenfel" to "Aldmeri explorers mapped the coast of Morrowind".

Objection to Dwemer being called free-thinking, especially in relation to Chimer/Dunmer. The ultimate fault of the Dwemer is their denial of/failure to accept the true nature of the universe, trying stubbornly to explain it through Logic and Reason, failing to grasp the illogical metaphysics of the TES universe and falling into a nihilism that might have been the cause of their removal from the face of Mundus. In terms of the Psijic endeavour, the Chimer clans carried within their culture a seed setting them more on the right path towards CHIM, this being a realization of the actual transcendental truth that the Dwemer could never grasp. Thus, the Dwemer are in their way more close-minded than the Chimer, although arguably more advanced at harnessing the powers of the mortal plane.

1. Chi meaning 'north', probably related to the syllable of ascension and royalty in the same way we generally consider north as being 'up' or the higher point of our globe. It seems rather odd that they would take their name from the practice of chiming bells, especially since the names of the merfolk races use mer languages and already have alternative names based on english.

2. Wider use of bells: cool!

4. I think the extensiveness of Dunmer families would rather stem from the being more generations alive at any one time thanks to the longer lifespan than it would from each individual having many children. I should think that Dunmer, and elves in general, take more time to mature than humans. Elves can generally be seen as a somewhat more evolved form of humans, and as we see in human evolution: the higher the stage of evolution, the longer the period before maturity is reached.

6. As I read the lore of TES3, there wasn't really much in the way of good lands in our own real-world understanding in Morrowind to begin with, which is why Chimer became adept att harnessing the resources available, such as taming bugs and planting/foraging crops suited to the harsh landscape of Morrowind.

8. I don't really see monarchy meshing too well with the core concepts of Chimer culture. Their culture is built around groups-within-groups (families forming clans forming houses), often with conflicting interests, with councils being a rather natural ocurrence (think icelandic vikings). Thus the significance of Nerevars feat in being named Hortator, as well as the necessity of the Morag Tong.

14. I think the tendency would rather be towards more and more of the once numerous smaller houses joining forces under the banner of the more powerful houses, coming together in stronger coalitions. So I would rather put it thus: what is left of the Chimer houses and clans after the war start joining together under the banner of the six strongest remaining houses, over time forming the stronger political and military entities known as 'the Great Houses'.

G. This doesn't sit right with me. I can't really put my finger on why, except that it doesn't fit well with how I imagine eiher the Chimer or the Dunmer

J. I would think slavery was in practice earlier than this.
[/spoiler]
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Thanks for the reply EJRS. Any chance of you attending the next Skype meeting. It's this Saturday (28 Nov) at [url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx]6:00 PM GMT/UTC[/url]. If not, we'll be sure to include your comments.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

An hour and a half to go until the meeting starts.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How did the discussion turn out? I unfortunately, didn't wake up in time to catch it, and had to run to work afterwards.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I was rather sick that day), but we went over discussions of Gnomey's maps, the issue of Solstheim (again; TR officially ignores it completely), then we talked about Seneca's timeline compilation and notes.

I think there were some rather big disagreements on how to proceed with redoing Telvannis (we all agree it will be way in the future, though) but we decided to move that to the forums eventually.

There was probably more, but my memory's spotty. Sorry.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

We will continue the topic of history (and perhaps geography) in tomorrow's meeting; of course, this all comes at more of a short notice than it ought to. Basically, we are not going to have a meeting on the 26th, and I will probably not be able to take part in a meeting on the 19th either. So as not to slip off schedule, as such, I think the best solution would be to have a meeting tomorrow on the 5th of November and another the week after on the 12th. [url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx]6:00 PM UTC/GMT[/url] as usual.

A short summary off the top of my head for the last meeting:
As far as geography is concerned, the main thing we clarified is that we have not changed our policy of leaving the implementation of major changes to TR_Mainland to last if possible. We do need to establish whether we will be making major changes and what those major changes should be in the planning phase, however, which means sooner rather than later. The changes are probably best discussed on a case-by-case basis.
As far as history is concerned, we basically ran through Seneca's timeline and notes and discussed the points that seemed especially interesting or questionable. A lot of the points that were discussed weren't too important in the grand scheme of things, and for others we figured it might be better to discuss them on the forums in greater detail. Some specific, somewhat more important points that come to mind:
-We discussed the creation of the Inner Sea; we generally agreed that the creation should have occurred during or immediately after the War of the First Council, as indicated in the 36 Sermons and in our [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24292]Establishing Background Lore[/url] thread. However, as opposed to the explanation of those sources that [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt]the Dwemer did it[/url] with -- essentially -- a super-weapon, a counter-suggestion was made (apparently the accepted explanation in lore circles) that the creation of the Inner Sea was a catastrophe that accompanied the Tribunal seizing godhood, and that the Tribunal understandably blamed Dwemer sorcery for it (which isn't really a lie anyway).
Both accounts probably exist in-game, with the lay-the-blame-on-the-Dwemer explanation certainly being the mainstream account, but it wouldn't hurt to be clear on which one actually happened.
-We sort of ended up in favour of Bamz-Amschend being a Dwemer effort to undermind Mournhold, though I'm still of two minds about the idea; certainly, the weather machine seems like it might have been useful for messing with the surface-dwelling Chimer.
There's probably a good deal to still discuss on how the War of the First Council was fought and whether such tactics would be in-line with the Dwemer.
-We discussed Velothi towers and early Velothi settlement in Morrowind fairly shortly, mostly spurred on by a line in [url=http://www.imperial-library.info/content/ages-man]Before the Ages of Man[/url] which implies that (at least the oldest) Velothi towers are much older than previously though, almost certainly predating Dunmer Strongholds. We did not really reach a conclusion on that point, however.
-We did agree that we should have more 'Ashlander' burials, both to indicate territory the Ashlander once owned but were chased out of, but also as such burials are probably the oldest form of tombs created by Veloth's people, even predating Necrom. (Necrom itself having an area in that style in its lowest levels).
-While the mention of High Elven wizard towers in Before the Ages of Man is interesting, all sites named are on Vvardenfell, so we probably won't bother including them. More to the point, as the Inner Sea did not exist then, the towers would not exactly have been coastal. (And even then, I have no idea why High Elves would start building towers in the Inner Sea if it did exist; seems like an odd place from which to start settling Morrowind).
The two solutions would either be to include some sort of river going along the east coast of Vvardenfell before the creation of the Inner Sea, as in my [url=http://i.imgur.com/A7vL5Tg.png]concept map of Resdayn[/url], or to call it a scribe's error or something and say that the towers were actually built on the east coast of Morrowind.
As I recall, the basic conclusion of the discussion was that a new High Elven wizard tower tileset would probably not be worth the work required, and it would be better to just leave it be.

The main points of history I would like to discuss in tomorrows meeting:
-going into greater detail on the topic of early Velothi settlement of Morrowind
-in particular, discussing the history of Old Ebonheart and perhaps Mournhold
-discussing the events leading up to the Armistice; in particular, why House Redoran's Waters March collapsed, whether the Imperial Legion/Navy actually entered and even gained ground in Morrowind or whether we will keep to the narrative of [url=http://www.imperial-library.info/content/morrowind-imperial-province]On Morrowind[/url] in which they didn't, and perhaps some details on the internal conflicts that followed.

Aside from that, it might be a good idea to discuss the upcoming release, as it's just around the corner, though I don't really have a good overview of what -- if anything -- still needs to be discussed.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

I'll probably be in tomorrow's meeting, but silently, as I am going to be putting together our release video tomorrow.
NathanJ

Post by NathanJ »

I think it would be good to make a master list of the lore questions that have to be made clear together with the reasons why they are important for the work of TR.

The reason I ask this is that people like me, who cannot speak english well enough to participate in a complex real-time discussion (Im sorry) plus the whole community can firstly be clued up on the questions in their entirety and secondly work out cast-iron answers to each of the questions self-sufficiently, whenever they have time for it.
At least it would give myself a chance to do that ^^.
Why cant I simply use an Elder scroll to make my Clocks go slower?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

In case anyone has some free time, before the meeting, for some light reading - here are some books that may be of interest.

UESP has a [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Books_by_Subject]History & Lore Section [/url]for the Morrowind Books.

Our UESP page doesn't have this yet. But here are a list of History & Lore Books as categorized by [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24677]klep[/url].
[spoiler][url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Arkay_the_God]Arkay the God[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Broken_Diamonds]Broken Diamonds[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Divad_The_Singer]Divad The Singer[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Djulighana%27s_Role]Djulighana's Role[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Ebonheart:_A_History]Ebonheart: A History[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Ghraewaj_and_the_Harpies]Ghraewaj and the Harpies[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Her_Hands]Her Hands[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/History_of_Daggerfall]History of Daggerfall[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/History_of_The_Oroynyon_Family]History of The Oroynyon Family[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Holidays_of_the_Iliac_Bay]Holidays of the Iliac Bay[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Inside_Almalexia%27s_Tongs]Inside Almalexia's Tongs[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Ius,_Animal_God]Ius, Animal God[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Mara%27s_Tear]Mara's Tear[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Names_of_the_Mother_Cyrod]Names of the Mother Cyrod[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Of_Jephre]Of Jephre[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Redguards,_Their_History...]Redguards, Their History...[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Reman,_Son_of_Reman]Reman, Son of Reman[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Remanada,_Chapter_1]Remanada, Chapter 1[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Remanada,_Chapter_2]Remanada, Chapter 2[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Adabal-a]The Adabal-a[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Assassination_of_Pelagius_I]The Assassination of Pelagius I[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Asylum_Ball]The Asylum Ball[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Blessed_Life_of_St._Reman]The Blessed Life of St. Reman[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Caves_of_Ice]The Caves of Ice[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Divadamakalluh]The Divadamakalluh[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Ebon_Arm]The Ebon Arm[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Faerie]The Faerie[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Fall_of_the_Usurper]The Fall of the Usurper[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_First_Scroll_of_Baan_Dar]The First Scroll of Baan Dar[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Aralor]The Gospel of Saint Aralor[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Delyn]The Gospel of Saint Delyn[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Felms]The Gospel of Saint Felms[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Llothis]The Gospel of Saint Llothis[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Meris]The Gospel of Saint Meris[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Nerevar]The Gospel of Saint Nerevar[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Olms]The Gospel of Saint Olms[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Rilms]The Gospel of Saint Rilms[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Roris]The Gospel of Saint Roris[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Gospel_of_Saint_Seryn]The Gospel of Saint Seryn[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Seven_Fights_I]The Seven Fights I[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Seven_Fights_II]The Seven Fights II[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Seven_Fights_III]The Seven Fights III[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Seven_Fights_VI]The Seven Fights VI[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Skylamp_Night]The Skylamp Night[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_1]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 1[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_2]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 2[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_3]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 3[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_4]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 4[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_5]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 5[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_6]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 6[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_7]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 7[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Song_of_Pelinal,_Volume_8]The Song of Pelinal, Volume 8[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Story_of_Lyrisius]The Story of Lyrisius[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_True_Folk]The True Folk[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Uprising_in_Almalexia]The Uprising in Almalexia[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_War_of_Betony]The War of Betony[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Wabbajack]Wabbajack[/url]
[url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Wayrest,_Jewel_of_the_Bay]Wayrest, Jewel of the Bay[/url][/spoiler]
Last edited by Seneca37 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

NathanJ wrote:I think it would be good to make a master list of the lore questions that have to be made clear together with the reasons why they are important for the work of TR.
This is what we plan on doing. We just need some time (and meetings) to decide on what is history/lore and what still needs to figured out.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting will start in [url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx]half an hour[/url].
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting has ended. Here are the recordings of this meeting and the last (which I'd forgotten to upload). A reminder, though: these are only really intended for people who don't want to wait on the summaries, and don't exactly make for easy listening. Case in point, the meeting of November 11 was split into three recordings due to technical difficulties, resulting in our complaining about Skype a lot in the meeting, and for the first ten minutes of the second recording our voices have been corrupted into disturbing robotic voices which I found very entertaining to listen to, but hard to follow.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

The next skype meeting will be tomorrow, Saturday December 12 at 6pm GMT. If you need to join, send your skype name to Gnomey. If you are interested in Skype meetings but are having trouble with the time that they are scheduled, please say so in this thread!

I myself will not be at tomorrow's meeting.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I think the topic of the meeting should roughly be to figure out what we still need to do before we can start opening up more claims/to move forward, as that subject, or related topics, have seen quite a bit of attention on the forums and on IRC recently. Also, as custom demands, and as timezones can be a pain to work with, [url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx]this site[/url] shows the current time in GMT
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

Oh, that's convenient. I want to add the future of the website to that list, since I think we're good to pull off some progress in January, with testing inbetween the years.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

I'd also like to talk about a very radical change to how we do things at tomorrow's meeting. There's a very easy way to organize this mess that we currently have and the only reason (that I can think of) why we don't do it is because we're so stuck on tradition.

It's going to be an entirely different system, but it'll allow us to plan and discuss things as well as implement in a more organized manner. I'm working on a demo for it right now and I'm hoping to have it ready by tomorrow's meeting.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Just as a note, if anyone is uncomfortable speaking but would still like to attend the skype meeting, they are welcome to come along and hear everyone and type instead.
NathanJ

Post by NathanJ »

That would be me for example..
Why cant I simply use an Elder scroll to make my Clocks go slower?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting will start in just over twenty minutes.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The next Skype meeting will be on Saturday, January 9, 2016, at 6:00 PM GMT/UTC, due to holidays and such. As that's quite far off, the subject of the meeting will be determined at a later date.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Before the next meeting, would someone go thru the TR History books that I listed above and create a timeline of events from them. Just a list is fine. Maybe something like:

[Date] Event XYZ (Book Name).
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Seneca37 wrote:Before the next meeting, would someone go thru the TR History books that I listed above and create a timeline of events from them. Just a list is fine. Maybe something like:

[Date] Event XYZ (Book Name).
On it.
Anonytroll
Website Administrator

Post by Anonytroll »

The subject of the meeting on January 9th should be apparent now:

1) Redmine or Drupal, this can go either way. Redmine plays nice with Drupal and is a dedicated PM software, what I'm cooking up out of Adarnocil's browser is probably more haphazardous but better integrated. At this point I don't really care anymore which way this goes, just as long as any decision is made. So it's either a decision on January 9th or it's the start of a one-week trial period and a decision on January 16th.
2) What now, Main Site?, includes juicy bits straight from the Administration forum that really should be discussed.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Reminder: The next "skype" meeting is tomorrow, Saturday January 9 at 6:00pm GMT.

We will be using Discord for this meeting: https://discordapp.com/

To get onto discord, click the green "try it now" button. This runs in your browser and does not need to be downloaded. Arrive a bit early and hang out in the IRC if you think you might need help getting it together.

The proposed agenda for this meeting is stored here: [Click Me]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Do we need an invite or what channel to we connect to...?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'll post links to the channel here, on Skype and on IRC when it's time. You just have to click on the links, pick a username and you're in. Unfortunately, I've been rather sick lately, so even assuming my voice decides to stick around I'm not sure how useful I can be.
I personally think that we should make the decision on whether to adopt Redmine or Drupal in next week's meeting. In this week's meeting, I think we should set clear parameters for testing both alternatives until then, meaning that as many people as possible get as much hands-on experience as possible for the week until the next meeting, so that our decision can be as informed by experience as possible within the timeframe.