Skype Meetings

Threads related to the general organization of the project.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Organization sounds like a good topic to tackle.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Noooooo! Once again I am foiled by having to work on the same day as the meeting.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

i can't wait! i'll be sure to be around. what's that in canadien time?
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

For you it would be 1:00 PM.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

awesome, can't wait to see you
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting has started.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting is over. What summary I shall provide will follow shortly.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Oh. When you said "next Saturday" I thought you meant the 20th. Otherwise I would have made time for that!
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The next Skype meeting will be on Saturday, June 27, at 6:00 PM GMT/UST. Again, assuming that time is convenient for everyone.

I think this meeting has to be organizational again. As far as an agenda is concerned, I basically suggest we go through my proposal for a site restructure in the second to last post [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24926]here[/url] and use it to establish a final restructure plan. The reason I put so much stress on this is that good organization is necessary for a good workflow, and as it is we're very disorganized. I'd like to see that improve before we delve into larger TR Masterplan discussions.

Special points I would like to discuss (they're all in the notes of my proposal linked above): the proposed Project Organization sub-forum, TR in-Development Downloads, how to handle the Developer Showcase stickies, and how to handle quest and asset development. While that might seem like a lot, I don't expect any of those points except the last to require much discussion.

Aside from that, Swiftoak -- who plans to take part in the meeting -- wishes to discuss increasing communication with OpenMW.
Last edited by Gnomey on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

May
Beyond time and space. :)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

What do you mean? Clearly the next Skype meeting is scheduled for next year. :P Thanks for catching that; fixed.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Okay! I should be able to do that. How does one join the meeting? I already have a skype account.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

PM me your Skype address so that I can add you as a contact on Skype. Once you're a contact, I'll be able to add you to the Tamriel Rebuilt Skype Meeting group.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

hey, i'll be either in russia, or latvia when the TR meeting happens, and it will be rather difficult for me to join in. i will try my best, and i feel terrible for not taking part, as i always enjoy the bi-weekly meetings :(
- sotha sil
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

It's that time of the year when the sun doesn't allow us anything but to enjoy it. I'll be hiking somewhere in the mountians on Saturday and probably won't be back in time to make it, and I still have to read your post about the reorganisation in beforehand to actually take active part in the meeting... I might join in later during the meeting though, as this subject interests me.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Gnomey wrote:
Aside from that, Swiftoak -- who plans to take part in the meeting -- wishes to discuss increasing communication with OpenMW.
Good plan, their work could have major implications on what extent almalexia should be reworked and what will be possible with dres cities. There may even be the possibility of larger scale scripted events in the future; battles, large scale caravans, denser city population may become feasible. Exciting stuff.

Hopefully the reality of the work ahead will be discussed. There is a lot to be done! Less planning more doing, pleas!
my opinion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting will start in five minutes.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Gnomey wrote:The Skype meeting will start in five minutes.
Aww I missed it! x.x

Ah well, I should have said something sooner so that's my fault.

Also, I just want to say that I think it'd be a good idea to have more openmw communications if necessary and I frequent their IRC channel all the time and they know who I am, we get along great and they really love what we do here.

So yeah, I don't mind talking to them and helping out in that regard if that's something that needs doing. Although admittedly....with all the coding lingo stuff they talk about, it'd probably be better if someone like arvisrend did it.

Oh! One last thing I forgot to mention; openmw wanted us to conduct an interview with one of them and ask questions about what they're doing so they could post it somewhere.

Admittedly, this was like....right around the time I left TR originally, so I don't know if they'd still want it but I can ask anyways. They've made it very clear (in the last week no less) that they like what we do and staying in touch with them is something I think we could all enjoy.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'll be out of town for about a week starting from next Tuesday, so I will not be able to take part in the next Skype meeting, unless it's delayed by a few days.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Since you tend to be one of the most productive contributors to our Skype meetings, I'd say delay the next meeting. :)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Gnomey wrote:I'll be out of town for about a week starting from next Tuesday, so I will not be able to take part in the next Skype meeting, unless it's delayed by a few days.
There is nothing really pressing at the moment, so I'd say we skip this meeting. Either restart the following week, or wait until the next scheduled meeting.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As it looks like we'll be rescheduling the next meeting so that I can take part, this seems like a good opportunity for me to try and fool around with doodle scheduling.

Basically, I've created a very broad set of possible dates, from Thursday 16, by which time I should be back in town, to Saturday 25, which is when we would have another Skype meeting if we were to just cancel this next one. For each day, I've included time slots which, for me, correspond to night, morning, afternoon and evening, in that order. Your timezones should be taken into account, so for some of you the time slots might be a little strange, but you won't have to do any timezone conversions, at least.

You can fill in the time slots in which you will not be able to take part, would be able to make time for if necessary, or will be able to take part. ('No', '(Yes)' and 'Yes' respectively). You should be able to edit your schedule after the fact, in case something else comes up. Naturally, if the doodle is too vague for you you can also post below, for instance if a specific time slot is too broad or if there's a certain date and time that would generally be convenient for you.

I've already filled out my schedule, and you'll notice that, in my case, I'm pretty free for that time period. Though I may have to adjust that schedule later.

Probably around when I come back, I'll check over the results and we'll go with the time slot most convenient for everybody.

Here's the doodle link:
http://doodle.com/rxdaaxicwmauxk5y
---

Having gotten all of that out of the way, on to the topic of the meeting. I think our topic should essentially be 'What is Morrowind', or basically what world and what story we are trying to portray.
Basically, I want us to pick up work on the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24291]Master Plan[/url] from where we left off in the very first meeting recorded in the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24486]TR Skype Meeting Summaries[/url] thread.
I intend to create a new thread in Master Planning in which the subject can be discussed for the time being. Depending on how much is posted in that thread, the meeting will either have the purpose of simply summarizing the results of the discussion, continuing it or, in the worst case, (re-)starting it.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I probably won't be attending any of the meetings in July and possibly early August regardless of day and time.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Ah, that's unfortunate, though not too surprising. I rather expect a lot of people to have plans for this time of year.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

So with Gnomey hopefully back from Wonderland, we should probably start thinking about when the next meeting will be. Personally, I'm fine with doing it this Saturday, and then resuming the regular schedule.

PS: This is also as good a time as any to mention that I'll be without Skype access from the 24th to the 6th, so I won't be present for any meetings during that time.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

As I definitely won't be able to join this Saturday I would propose the 25th, but I probably won't be around that weekend either, so I'll just stay out of it. I hope everyone is enjoying their wonderland times!

Regarding the subject of the next meeting(s) I would refrain from going too much into the "What is Morrowind" discussion, or at least from taking decisions, as I'd like to see some more of it discussed on the forums with more voices before making decisions as theres a wide range is important stuff being discussed there.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

I will be on vacation without internet access pretty much the 24th to the 3rd.

I'm having trouble with that poll, as I can't figure out what timezone it's trying to be in.

My time zone is Eastern (US); I'll be free tonight (Friday) after 6pm, tomorrow after 4pm, Sunday any time, and next Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and evening.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

6:00 PM GMT/UST on Saturday, July 18, 2015 sounds good, then. I think the topic should be What is Morrowind; I agree we shouldn't try and make any decisions, though. This is a big topic, so a single Skype meeting will not be enough to reach a conclusion. If anything, I want to deepen the discussion through the meeting rather than closing it.

Edit: the poll should be using your timezone.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

The Skype meeting has begun.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

Seems like you guys started early. Any way that I can still get in? I can't access the IRC chat right now for whatever reason...
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

If you're in the Skype group you can join at any time. If you haven't sent me your Skype address, for instance via PM, I can't add you as a Skype contact and consequently can't add you to the Skype group.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Right, the Skype meeting is over. Swiftoak might tackle the summary this time.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sorry I missed this one. My internet was out thanks to a nasty thunderstorm.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Looking forward to see the summary. Must have been (and still is) an interesting subject to discuss!
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Anything planned for coming Saturday, and any news on the summary of last meeting? Discussion has laid down a bit since last meeting as I think the things discussed there are subjects to discuss further on here.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Hm, time flies quickly. Sorry that I've been so late in getting around to this. I've posted the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=329189#329189]summary[/url], though it's pretty rough this time around.

I personally feel as though we still need to get used to tackling the broad topics that define Morrowind rather than various minutae, so I'd like to continue the topic of characterizing Morrowind. I can see three main ways of going about it: we could try and hold ourselves to the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24291]Master Planning foundational document[/url], which would probably mean we'd be transitioning from the topic of Themes of Morrowind to discussing Wilderness Environments & Dungeons, (though if we go this route we might want to go from the very start of the document, and we also don't need to hold ourselves to its structure too strictly, as it's merely a foundational document for the actual Master Plan); we could continue to discuss general characterization of Morrowind; or if we really want to highlight the individualism of House cultures, we could very broadly approach House characterization, (which would include stuff like visual characterization, by the way, not just the stuff we've already been discussing for the last few months). Which approach we use mainly depends on what people are interested in discussing. Either way, the general idea is to start to develop a clear vision of how Morrowind should look like, focusing on broad strokes for these early meetings.

As I wrote in the summary thread, I'll be experimenting with recording the audio of the meeting. As I've still got misgivings as to whether the regular schedule of the meeting is really the most convenient for the most members, I also intend to set up another Doodle tomorrow. Rather than focusing on what schedule works best for people for a specific meeting, the idea will be for people to be able to note when they would typically be available for meetings.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I hope I can be there, but real life might call. In any case I vote to discuss the general characterization of Morrowind, as the master plan is imo a thing we should discuss, and amend, afterwards.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

[url=http://doodle.com/uw9biwrbs4vzmsun]Here's the new Doodle poll.[/url] Note that, for technical reasons, I entered specific dates (1-7 August). Ignore those dates. The purpose of the poll is to figure out which generic weekday and timeslot works best for the most people, not to schedule a specific meeting. The poll should take your timezone into account, so all of the timeslots should be given in your timezone.

This does not apply to the next Skype meeting, which will take place at 6:00 PM GMT/UST this Saturday as usual. (So, for me, today).

As with the last Doodle: the options are 'Yes', '(Yes)', 'No'; 'I would be able to take part in this time slot', 'I would be able to take part in this time slot if necessary' and 'I would not be able to take part in this time slot' respectively. Your entries can be changed at any time; I'll probably edit my entries come September as I'll be a good deal busier from then on.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting will start in 15 minutes.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Skype meeting is over. (It ended a few hours ago, before anyone thinks we've been talking for almost five hours). We rambled about a variety of subjects, so I'll only really be able to say what the topics of discussion were when I review the audio (which successfully recorded). I will not be uploading the audio here, as agreed in the meeting.

The subject of the next meeting will be Swiftoak's TR Pipeline, which I have posted [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=329206#329206]here[/url]. Please do read through it before the next meeting, with the disclaimers posted in that thread in mind. Its length reflects its importance. :P

As for the schedule of the next meeting, while it may change depending on the results of the Doodle poll and other input, the assumption is that it will take place at 6:00 PM GMT/UST on Saturday, August 15, 2015.