Local map: Felms hamlet Indoril-Thirr
Parent: 3-24-Imp
 Faction: Imperial
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i3-785-Imp_seneca37_1.esp 14.5 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i3-785-Imp_adamantum_1.esp 14.1 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
HIGH PRIORITY - St. Felms hamlet building #5 (see local map). (2x3 shell)
Butcher's house: mainly deals with fish, but also does whatever Dunmer do to velk to get at the nectar; helps with the fishing when not otherwise occupied.
Probably a little dim in some way; his 'secret' stash on the roof of his house is not very well hidden, especially from the neighbouring rooftop, and has been emptied of its contents.

Note: despite the claim's ID the hamlet is Indoril (not Imperial) and uses the Velothi tileset
Last Edited by Seneca37
(Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Claiming! All-in-all a seemingly regular butcher's house, though there'll be some sort of stash hidden in the corner, probably alcohol.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Granting, have fun!
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Any progress to report?
Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

No. You may revoke this.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:25 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Revoked as per developer request.
Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

Claimin'. Poor furniture, knives, fish, scales, some nectar sacks and stuff. I'll think of the rest along the way.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:45 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Granting - but hold off on the Velk nectar sacks - until Gnomey chimes in.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:46 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I'd leave off on the nectar sacs. The rest seems fine. Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Post Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

This one is basically finished, I'd just like to add a couple of finishing touches. There is an area where the butcher butchers and sells various types of meat, as well as some hanging fish and a dead kwama forager waiting to be butchered. There is also some more macabre butchering going on - check between two redware plates in that open crate. I guess this could also be made into a nice small quest.

The only reason this isn't 100% complete is because I haven't been able to show in any way that this guy also 'does whatever Dunmer do to velk to get at the nectar'. I honestly have no idea how to do that. Perhaps by adding a velk carcass that is being worked on? Or should I leave the cell as it is now?
Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

The interior is looking nice!

I'd imagine the nectar sacs would be extracted from the Velk in a gruesome, vivisectional manner; e.g. sucking them right out of them using some contraption with bellows. There's little room left in the interior as is, so unless you rearrange it a bit or add a basement for special Velk-related work, a simple Velk carcass will also suffice.

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

A basement it is then. I want to place a dead Velk upon a table, but I'm having trouble getting it to lay there the way I want it. The problem is that Velk have two death animations, and I can't predict to which side its body will fall. Is there a way to force one death animation? Or do you guys know a way to work around this?
Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
klep
Lead Developer
23 Nov 2014

I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff, but if Velk nectar extracting is to be a common sight in TR, we might want to have some static Velk assets in the CS, maybe in a way they can be hung on hooks, maybe (as well) with a large cut in their stomach from which the nectar is extracted. Quote from UESP"They use their long proboscis to extract nectar from flowers, which is then harvested from the creature's stomach to create a delicious sweet food ingredient."
Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:29 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I thought I remembered reading how the nectar is extracted, but can't find it at the moment. My own suggestion would be to leave it aside entirely; the procedure would probably not be carried out inside the shack in the first place.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

I agree, velk butchering should probably be done under that conveniently placed ex_de_shack_awning right next to the hut. It would make no sense to haul velk (dead or alive) to the basement through a trapdoor and butcher them there.

So, if the nectar extracting post is to be added during exterior detailing phase, I guess my work on this claim is done.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Use my file at the top
Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group