Missing files?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Professor_Fegorote

Missing files?

Post by Professor_Fegorote »

Hey everyone! Glad to be here.

I bought Morrowind off steam because my old CD version was corrupted and TR didn't work because of the scratches and stuff on the CD. Now that I Have the Steam version I wanted to try again. I extracted everything to the "Data Files" folder in Morrowind under steamapps and turned TR on from the launcher and I get this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/proffegorote/screenshots/?appid=22320

It goes through this for I don't know how long telling me that it's missing sound files, meshes, textures, and whole regions of the game. If I disable the TR .esm files everything works again.

Has this already been addressed? I don't want to seem like I'm beating a dead horse if this is a problem people have already had.

Help me please.
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Did you enable both TR_Data.esm and TR_Mainland.esm?

Did you register the BSA? See the PDF readme for details.

If you Steam library is in Program Files then you'll need to move it.

Not sure how many other mods you have but [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43001/?]mlox[/url] could help.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I've moved this to the Help section, considering this isn't a showcase.
JaggedCrown

Post by JaggedCrown »

I am also having this same problem after downloading the most current version. Anyone have a fix? Is there a way to uninstall TR? Game won't work now.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I get the sense you didn't install correctly. Could you tell how you tried to install TR?