Ayyoob45's Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ayyoob45

Ayyoob45's Interior Showcase

Post by Ayyoob45 »

INITIAL SHOWCASE (FIVE MORE SHOWCASES BELOW THAT).

If you want to not see the file, here was it basically has.
*A small hut with a guard and an imperial nobleman inside
*The nobleman, Carlius, gives the option to join his faction, a small smuggling band. Joining will help reduce prices with the nearby ebony trader.

*Outside is another guard and a shrine. A man and his guar are close, offering to travel you to a few towns.

*A woman selling ebony is underneath a tent.

*Nearby, at 10,10, there is a small subterranean Dwemer ruin. Inside, there is a special type of ebony, a slave (not freeable), and a special guard, with dwemer armor scattered on the floor.
Last edited by Ayyoob45 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Welcome, and thanks for showing interest in joining TR. Unfortunately, your showcase doesn't really fit into any of our prescribed showcase formats. We'd prefer if you did a showcase highlighting one aspect, be it; interiors, exteriors, questing ...

Here are the guidelines for showcasing
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24655]Interiors[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23755]Exteriors[/url]
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18224]Quests and/or Modeling/Textures[/url]

You are more than welcome to create multiple showcases, one for each area, but please keep them separate. Use this same thread to post any and all future showcases.

We look forward to seeing your work. :)
Ayyoob45

Showcase 2

Post by Ayyoob45 »

SHOWCASE II
I would do this as an extension to the previous showcase, but, unfortunately, as that did not fit in as a general thing, more like a barrage of interiors and exteriors, I did another one, this time an Imperial station interior, and put effort.

TO GET INTO THE STATION
Type this into the console:
coc "Imperial Station"
Last edited by Ayyoob45 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Getting there, but there are still some major issues here that need to be resolved before a full review can be done.

There are a lot of references to unmodified items (imperial cuirass_armor, ...) in your file . This is what we call a "Dirty" mod. Use the program TESAME to remove references to all the items that you did not create and/or modify. And, if you did modify something, start the ID name with "TR_".

For an interior showcase, please do not include NPCs or Dialog. These are handled by other groups within TR.

Lighting should be generated by the use of items with an in-game model, such as candles, lanterns and torches. Non-modeled light source should rarely be used.

Since we ask for de_p furniture to be used in a showcase, it would be best if you created a Dunmer interior. There is always the chance that we'd use your showcase for an interior in TR, and would like it to be consistent with our other interiors. De_p furniture is never found in an Imperial establishment.

Finally, I would suggest you review the tutorial on Item Placement and Rotation. It can be found at the bottom of this [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24574]link[/url]. We are very finicky when it come to item placement for a showcase. :)
Ayyoob45

Showcase 3

Post by Ayyoob45 »

SHOWCASE III
coc "Hlaalu Station"
This is the dunmeri showcase. Checked for cleanness. Using hlaalu pieces.
Last edited by Ayyoob45 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Okay, I've looked over your latest showcase and it looks like you know how to grid snap stuff which is a good start. You've also adjusted the interior cell light settings, which are good too.

One thing that is missing is the NorthMarker. Put one in. For showcases, it does not matter what direction it is. Place it near the front door for convience. Typically, you'll use the front door angle in the exterior claim to properly adjust the direction of the NorthMarker.

As for the size and shape of the interior, it would be better if you choose an exterior piece and tried to make an interior to fit it. The ex_hlaalu_b_14 building is a nice small building with 2 floors, making it a perfect model for your showcase. Of course, you can use any of the exterior buildings to base your showcase on. I would, also, use the smaller (non-t) pieces to build your interior. Even though the t-pieces are grander, and more impressive, we're asking you to fill the interior with de_p pieces, which would be more appropriate in a smaller, less grandeous, interior. The "p" in the "de_p" pieces stands for poor, "r" = rich and "rm" or "pm" are for the middle class.

So, pick out an exterior, and piece together interior pieces that would fit inside that exterior. Just for reference, the first floor of the ex_hlaalu_b_14 building would consist of 2 in-pieces wide by 3 in-pieces long. The second floor would be 2 x 2 in-pieces. The trick here is where to locate the stairs (be sure to use stairs that go all the way from the first floor to the second floor with one piece). Also, windows are always a nice touch.

The next thing to consider, is what is the purpose of this interior. Looking at your showcase, I couldn't figure out what it was for. You need to decide if it is someones home, or is it a business (trader/smith), is it lived in, or has it been abandoned, does a man/woman or family live/work here? Pick something and start to fill the interior with the larger pieces of "clutter" that fit the purpose. This would be rugs, beds, tables, dressers, tapestries etc. Be sure to only use furn_de_p items. One of the key reasons for the showcase, is to be sure you can properly position/rotate items on the de_p items. Don't bother putting in any of the small stuff in here yet. Let's just take this one step at a time.

Once you have this much done, resubmit your showcase and I'll check it out. Also, do not tell me the purpose of the interior. I should be able to tell, when I look at it. Happy modding :)
Ayyoob45

Showcase IV

Post by Ayyoob45 »

Location cell name: Dunmer Interior
Console Command: coc "Dunmer Interior"
Last edited by Ayyoob45 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not go beyond Kaio-Ken two fold!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Much better, but I have to ask, which exterior did you use as a basis for this showcase? When dealing with houses, TR modders are usually limited to staying within the extent of the exterior building. But, we do let them go wild when it comes to tombs and caves. (Stick with this house for your showcase)

I just noticed that you did not include the master file Bloodmoon.esm. I'm hoping that you do have it, because it is required in order to develop for TR. Also, you may want to include TR_Data.esm. We have a lot more items available for cluttering up an interior. However, it is not mandatory to use it for a showcase.

On the whole, a much better interior. The Hlaalu set is a difficult one to work with, and you've managed to piece together a pretty nice interior. Good job.

You've only used de_p furniture, which is good. The only large item that is not positioned properly is the bed. It is floating. Move it away from the baseboard and re "F" it. Be sure to notice the selection box (the red/green/blue lines around a selected item). Usually, when an item is positioned properly the lines will become dashed. Keep an eye out for that.

There's more work to be done - but I need to know which exterior this is supposed to fit first. If we have to change the layout - moving stuff just makes it more difficult.
Ayyoob45

Post by Ayyoob45 »

I did have a glitch with loading Bloodmoon, but I fixed it earlier today by editing Morrowind.ini.
(Just edited in 'cancel')

As for the exterior, I used ex_hlaalu_b_10.
Attachments
Clean DunmeriInteriorShowcase.ESP
Just a fixed version- the second floor door typical of hlaalu_b_10 is now existing, and the floating bed is now non-anomalous.
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by Ayyoob45 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Let's work with the basic structure first. Take an ex_hlaalu_b_10 piece and bring it into your showcase. Now rotate it and move it so that the first floor front door overlaps your front door. It might help if you rotate your front door 180 degrees (about the z axis).

You should notice that the end piece (where the bookself and barrel of moonsugar are), and most of the 2nd floor do not fit this exterior. Those pieces need to be removed.

With the top of the staircase being exactly where the 2nd floor door should be, the staircase will need to be moved.
You'll also need to add 2 pieces to the front (by the door).

Make these changes, and move the items from the deleted rooms to new locations. After checking that all the clutter is resting on the floor properly, resubmit your showcase and we'll proceed from there.
Ayyoob45

Fits hlaalu 10

Post by Ayyoob45 »

I've moved around objects, hallways, and others to fit Hlaalu_b_10.
Attachments
Clean DunmeriInteriorShowcase.ESP
Self-explanatory.
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Do not go beyond Kaio-Ken two fold!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Sorry, I mustn't of been clear enough before, but the structure is still not quite right. To be clearer, I've attached a floor plan for a possible first floor layout.

When looking at the front of the building, you need to add 2 new pieces, for the section of building 10 that sticks out in front of the door. I've also shown one of the only places you can really place the staircase.

You'll also need to redo the 2nd floor to keep it inside the building. Don't forget about the door to the exterior balcony.

One thing, that I do, is place the exterior building in my interior cell (off to one side), so that I can easily reference it as I snap together the architectural pieces.
In fact, I am doing just that, as I create the interiors for the Old Ebonheart castle.

Once you get this done, we'll move on to the furniture.
Attachments
floorplan.png
floorplan.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 4044 times