[Quest Idea] - Misc. (Possibly IAS?) - Dancing Mad

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Tondollari
Developer

[Quest Idea] - Misc. (Possibly IAS?) - Dancing Mad

Post by Tondollari »

In the wilderness near an ashlander camp, the player happens upon an Imperial dancing in nothing but his underwear. He tells the player that he was cursed by and ashlander witch (possibly while observing the camp for the IAS), and asks the player to reason with/kill her so the spell will be broken.

When the player approaches the ashlander, she will admit that she didn't actually curse him. She just yelled nonsense that sounded ominous and his possibly starved/dehydrated brain improvised the curse from there. In other words, he's hysterical.

The ashlander tells the player to recite some bogus magical-sounding stuff to the Imperial to break the spell. Telling the Imperial that the curse isn't real will be generally ineffective (room for speechcraft check?). Quest will be completed upon reciting the words or bringing news of the ashlander's death.

If the Imperial is IAS, he will tell the player to travel to Old Ebonheart to collect a reward from the IAS HQ. This quest could be randomly encountered or provided by the IAS.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

I take it your idea stems from the dancing madness plague.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_mania

What do you think of having multiple NPCs dancing instead of just 1? Do they have to be naked?

On a side note, I'm seeing a lot of good ideas posted by Tondollari, but no new claims made. Has the quest management apartment died down?
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

A genuine dancing plague would be interesting, but I'm not sure where it would fit. It would be part of a faction quest line for sure, perhaps Temple? No they don't have to be naked; the Imperial does though.

From what I can tell, new quest claims have died down partly due to lack of questable areas. The already released areas could do with wilderness quests and not much else (pending faction planning). New areas may be ready for questing soon however, the first most likely being Old Ebonheart.