Question

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

ed_conn

Question

Post by ed_conn »

Hello,

My name is Ed. I used to mod under the name ed_conn, ohh so many years ago. I have decided to re-work and re-release some of my Morrowind Mods. Many of my mods took place on islands, and it has been suggested to me the TR project will conflict with my islands.

So first of all - How dare you! Not impressed? I didn't think so.

On a more serious note, I have recently returned to modding and I have no idea how to check if I do conflict, how to find a location that is currently unused, who to contact, or anything along those lines.

I expect to have the first mod re-released shortly, so any information or help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ed
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

TR_Mainland + TR_Alpha have the landscaping around Vvardenfell more or less done, so I suppose you could just load those and your own mods into the CS, and see if they conflict.
I don't have a list of all the exterior cells used by TR, but it's possible a lead developer does.

In general though, I'd recommend only putting new islands north of Vvardenfell, since the Sea of Ghosts will almost certainly remain unused by TR.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
ed_conn

Post by ed_conn »

Sure enough, TR has a fort right where my island is. Looks like I need to move.

Is there a map of the project with cell numbers or anything to go on? Simply picking a spot on a generic map isn't help when trying move in the editor.

Ed
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Hi Ed, there's a big map here with numbers that includes our alpha landscape. It's a huge map, be warned.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8924xapm5ozc ... d.png?dl=0
ed_conn

Post by ed_conn »

Thank you very much. I have downloaded it. I appreciate the info. This will make it much easier.

Thanks again.

Ed
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

This thread by Spirithawke, over on Great House Fliggerty, could be of interest: [url=http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5764]Mod Conflict Maps and Mod Landmass Maps[/url].

I'm not saying you must squeeze your landmasses into the gaps but flagging up any potential landmass conflicts in the read me would be a good idea, IMO.
ed_conn

Post by ed_conn »

Thanks. Good maps there also. Nice to see one of my old mods made the original maps.

Thanks.

Ed
ed_conn

Post by ed_conn »

I'm not saying you must squeeze your landmasses into the gaps but flagging up any potential landmass conflicts in the read me would be a good idea, IMO
I found a place to put my current mod that seems to be out of everyone's way. Just not sure I can maintain compatibility with this project. If I want to redo Korobal Island I'm going to have put in the north pole.

Ed
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

There's pretty much bound to be a conflict with another landmass mod that's already been released.

And an updated Korobal? *swoons*