Donating To TR Team

Threads related to the general organization of the project.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Millergram

Donating To TR Team

Post by Millergram »

Hi everyone. Just registered to the site for simply one reason only (At the moment). I would like to donate 20$ to the team, and hope to become a regular donator for continued work on this amazing project. I've searched the site, but can't find a link to a donations page. Any help?
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

http://cdn.toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

As far as I know, TR doesn't have a donate button because they don't accept donations, but I'm not actually very involved in TR modding so I won't say more.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

We used to have a donate button a few years back but that was for the sole purpose of upgrading the forums. Since then, we haven't used a donation button because we simply don't need to.

TR is a hobby and we do it for fun and enjoyment, not to get paid.

I will say though that I think it's really nice that you're willing to donate, but what would really help us is another skilled hand (can never have too many modders.)
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Millergram

Post by Millergram »

Darn. Well I wanted to take the easy way out lol. I have little experience with modding Morrowind, but I do have programming, writing, and grammar (hopefully everyone has grammar). Lol.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

If you don't want to help by directly working on the project that's fine, there isn't any pressure to contribute. Talking about the project and participating in the forum can help just as much as modding, a healthy active community is what keeps the TR running not the modders (there wouldn't be content without modders but without the community it would be a lot harder to be organized and inspired). Talking might also bring the mod to someones attention who would love to work on it so exposure is also very helpful.

Now if you want to help directly and are passionate about the project or want a hobby you can make a showcase pretty easily. Programming and writing could be useful skills for a quest developer, it would require you to learn how to do dialog and learn Morrowind's syntax however. As I said though no pressure to contribute directly.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Generally any money we do receive would go to the webmaster, Garfield, to help keep the site running/as thanks for keeping the site running. That being said, he can be hard to contact, let alone give money to, so we generally do not bother with donations.

As Miraclestone said, though, you can contribute to TR without becoming an active developer. Just stating your opinions and taking part in discussions can be helpful.