Quests

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

klinsk

Quests

Post by klinsk »

I'm having a hard time finding quests in the outdoors and cities. I know it's going to get remade eventually, but is it really playable? Cuz I'm not really amused right now. If the releases are merely new meshes and such, thumbs up. But if it's not quest-playable, I don't think I would scour the area much longer :o
ihavefivehat

Post by ihavefivehat »

Hi, I'm not a member of the TR team, but I thought I'd chime in since I can answer your question :)

It sounds like you might be in the alpha lands.

The TR download comes with two ESP's, TR_Alpha and TR_Mainland.

TR_Alpha contains what is just a preview of the work-in-progress parts of Tamriel Rebuilt. It's not meant as a full release. It has a landscape, and a few interiors and NPCs, but no quests.

Take a look at this map:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Everything north and east of the pink line has been officially released. That area is well populated with quests and NPCs. So, stick to that part of the landmass if you're looking for gameplay. Or, just disable the TR_Alpha ESP to make things simpler.
klinsk

Post by klinsk »

Yeah, I'm in Firewatch right now. Apparently I'm talking to the wrong NPCs then :p Thx man.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Quests

There are some guild quests for Firewatch, as well as a few miscallaneous ones.

Personally I haven't done the Fighters guild ones, but they seem interesting enough. The miscallaneous quest with the intruder might also be worth it.
klinsk

Post by klinsk »

Yeah, I already checked UESPwiki :)
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

That page certainly requires some thorough updating. Do-to-listed.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The UESP's information on TR is sadly a bit outdated. I've been doing some updating of the quests there recently.

As stated by ihavefivehat there are quests in the old Map 1, Map 2, Map 3 (I'm saying "old" just because we don't use the "Map" system for tracking our development anymore). From Gorne to Akamora to Firewatch there should be quests a-plenty with the older and more well documented quests being in the north and the newer ones in the south. I'm now blatantly tooting my own horn, but there are a few quests present in the TR_Alpha also, for example (and this is pretty much the only example) in the settlement of Teyn.