Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I've updated the sticky. This is finished as far as I'm concerned; feedback would be very welcome.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:26 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Swiftoak has updated the sticky. This is finished as far as I'm concerned; feedback would be very welcome.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I've updated this sticky as well, and as far as I'm concerned it's done. It's really short, but I can't think of anything else that needs to be said.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

I've also updated this sticky, and consider it done as well. Feedback would be appreciated.

I still need to test out some things with the BetaComment function, as for some reason it doesn't work for me.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Miraclestone
Developer
05 Aug 2014

Thanks for taking the time to help clean up and optimize the forum!

The only feedback I can think of is it might be a good idea to have the first post just be edited every time there is an update rather than making a new post. Have the first post contain the list of updated assets and fixes, a quick guide for installing the BSA and a link to an archive including the older files; every other would just be for discussion. This might be what you are already planning in which case I think its an improvement over having a messy thread that members needed to fish through for the right data files they need. I'm sure whatever you settle on will work fine though Smile
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Yes, that is being planned. Updates might be announced in new posts to bump the thread, but they should always be linked in the first post. I do think our not doing so in previous threads, especially section file threads, has lead to a lot of needless confusion.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Swiftoak brought up a good point on Skype: it might be best if we update all four major files every 90 days. Specifically we update TR_Data first, then TR_in-Dev, then merge TR_Preview and also update TR_Mainland.

For one thing, that assures that the downloads are all dependent on the correct version of TR_Data. For another, it would probably be less confusing to announce any updates (such as splitting off some cells from TR_in-Dev to make a new section or merging a finished section into TR_Mainland) in a unified update post rather than scattering updates to disparate files in disparate posts.
That's not to say we should necessarily avoid updating the files more frequently than every 90 days; I'm not sure on that count, as especially for TR_Data that may prove impractical.
Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:58 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Miraclestone
Developer
05 Aug 2014

Glad to hear that's what is planned; I was one of those confused towards the beginning about where to find the most recent version of the file and it should be a lot easier to know the first post will always be the right version.
Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:30 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

I'm fairly sure that the first link is wrong. The Data 1508b file's here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxtf3PaWZqbXWlpRRGRTMEZHRUk/view?pli=1

edit: ...or is it?

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:17 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Looks like it was the wrong link. I've updated it.
Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:28 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but, as discussion of the download stickies was fairly limited, I decided to simply merge the discussions into this one thread.

This thread can further be used for discussion of the following stickies:

TR_Data Download
TR Landmass Downloads
TR Public Feedback
TR Bug & Error Reporting

The old stickies those have replaced can still easily be found through the Provisional Sticky Thread Links, and they are also linked to by their respective replacements.
Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group