Books of Tamriel

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I redid the dialog and the ending. I'm sorry to say its shorter. Is that a problem?

Hlaalu noble Falnu Illeni paced the poorly lighted room nervously.
“I know your there, Niin! Why don’t you come out so we can have our little chat?â€Â￾
At those words, a dark figure emerged from the shadows and walked slowly to the noble. The cloak the man wore stuck up in odd places, and there was no doubt he wore glass armor underneath. Nonetheless, he moved just as quietly.
“Good, good. I was starting to wonder if you would come, Niin, my messengers haven’t returned.â€Â￾
“They won’t be returning. I found your message on one of there bodies.â€Â￾ said the man in a low tone.
“There was no need to murder my messengers.â€Â￾
“They could have been a threat. I just don’t take unnecessary risks.â€Â￾
“Ah, well, I’m sure I can spare a few servants. The point is that you’re here.â€Â￾
“Who do you want dead?â€Â￾
“Indoril councilman Ballam Drothi. He’s holding on to some land that would be particularly useful to me.â€Â￾
“How much?â€Â￾
“Six thousand septims. No more. You assassins think your service is more valuable than it really is.â€Â￾
“Your undoing will be how you love your money. I will be back later tonight… after visiting Councilor Ballam.â€Â￾
“I want proof. Ballam’s head will be enough evidence.â€Â￾
At that the assassin shrank back into the shadows, and the door shut.

Near midnight, Niin returned. Falnu heard the door open and shut.
“Do you have the drakes?â€Â￾ came Niin’s voice from the shadows.
“Yes, all is in order.â€Â￾ He jingled a sack attached to his belt. “Ballam’s head?â€Â￾
There was no reply.
A split second later Falnu found himself on the floor with Niin’s dagger to his throat.
“Councilor Ballam was quite surprised when I told him how much you were paying me. He was very generous, and doubled your offer.â€Â￾
Falnu’s scream was cut short. In his dieing moment, he saw Niin bend over and take the sack from his belt.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Currently working on the Hunter Trilogy (I've narrowed it down to three books) about a Bosmer hunter who embarks on a crazy journey. I haven't really thought of the main storyline, but hopefully it should work. I'm also designing a book cover (which someone can hopefully make into a book for the game because I suck at that). :roll:
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

much better fett :) although I would change

and it was no doubt he wore

to

and there was no doubt he wore.

other than that it looks good!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

From my mind that was a good book :wink: i also created a book called Orcs! u can read it and give tips for my "writer" job on this project :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Orcs! was good :D

Heres a short piece I just did for the heck of it :)

Drathas Silne
Vvardenfell Wildlife Protection agency

Dear Drathas,

Please do not take offense to this letter. I do not mean any disrespect to you or the organization. In fact, your laws have recently protected many small, helpless animals like scribs from being slaughtered by wandering adventurers. Even so, some animals need not be protected. For example, if you spent anytime in the Vvardenfell wilderness, you would understand that cliff racers are a serious problem. Their numbers have grown so much that they are beginning to be a threat to adventurers. Studies show that the average traveler returns to civilization to treat cliff racer wounds than for any other reason. The worst part is that we can do nothing to thin their numbers. Since they are a protected species, it is illegal to attack them without cause. I propose a campaign to thin their numbers, until they are within a reasonable limit. I hope you consider my idea.

Your friend,
Gradius

I hope you like it. I'm quiting the short work right now and starting on a longer piece.

BTW, who will tell me what's going to be used or not? These first two were just practice ones, but I was just thinking about future works and such.

I also fixed the first story, so if its chosen to be used, it can just be copied and pasted.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Book: The Dunmeri Guide to Moral Reasoning

Btw...i realize a lot of ideas are floating around in this thread but i have finished my first part of Book 1 (Gender) ...the article specifically introduces the writer and then beings to lament about women in general followed by praising those men who revel (with special emphasis on the Tavern-folk)

Is that breaking the boundraries too much?

Women-Completed (Typing it up later)
Bringing back the old school
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

well you better run it by a female editor just incase that your views are indeed wrong and or offending...I'm a better alternative to that though...as there are 3- females here and not a single one is an editor...Just make sure you don't make the story go too far out of normal situations

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

well i think it might be offending but it in no way applies to women in real life or my personal opinions on the matter.

But yes i will run it by you...and will send out some personal emails to those people (if you can list their names)

-BM
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

yinnie, alphafemale, and kevaar are the only three I know of.

Kevaar has been kind of drifty lately, mainly stays in the scripting and dialogue and quests boards...

Alphafemale's new, so I dunno much about her...

And Yinnie, the awesome one, is EVERYWHERE, you should be able to get a hold of her even through PM. She's like supergirl, wonder woman, sleeping beauty, heck, she might even be YO MOMA! lol... *cough* *throbbing silence*

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

*breaks silence*

who will tell me what stories are going to be used or not? These first two were just practice ones, but I was just thinking about future works and such.

I also fixed the first story, so if its chosen to be used, it can just be copied and pasted.
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

I'm trying to organis this since the leader is missing gimmie soime time.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I really like the assassin one. The protection agency of course doesn't follow lore and as far as content on the anti female one don't make it horrible but it should be fine and if you have questions just ask.
BalinMinister

Helotry Volumes 1-3

Post by BalinMinister »

Heres a work I did for Bladamand that kinda got lost in the process of school...nonetheless here it is...perhaps it could serve as Twin Lamps Propoganda

Helotry (Volume 1-3)

Volume 1
Entry 1
Well what have we here, a diary?
Such a plain journal cannot even begin to express what life I have lived, but nonetheless, I shall fill it with what I can.
This journal belongs to Kaelind, a young Dunmer girl living in the grand city of Limoth, in the province of Black Marsh.
Well I must not get too carried away, chores must be done or else mother will be very angry with me.
So it’s off to the market for me, and when I come back, I hope to spend some more time with you.

[Here the journal is quite ripped and worn, obviously by some rough usage and water spills. The words are intangible and blurred, often washed out by water and merged into a scraggly scrawl.]

Entry 2
Much time has passed since our first meeting, but sadly this one shall not be as joyful.
I regret I have not kept you as well as I should have, but my circumstances have changed for the worse as well.
As I traveled to the market on that fateful day, I came across two hooded men wrapped in shrouds.
They asked me directions to the baker, and learning there was no local baker within a several days journey, they asked me to take them to the nearest shelter.
The tavern was on the way to my destination, so I agreed to accompany them.
As we passed the homes of the ancient forts used during the liberation war, a sudden darkness came over the land and showed the signs of torrential weather.
As the townsfolk rushed to the safety of their hovels, I cursed myself for not doing my work earlier and took the cover of some low-lying trees.
It was at that point I saw the thick cloth bag pierce the air and cover my eyes with an unfading darkness.
When my senses were restored and the image of light flooded back into my eyes, I found myself in bracers standing silent witness to a grizzled Dres man who was asking for my name.
My senses piqued when I realized I stood in a dank coal mine, and in the momentary anger I felt, lashed out at the gatekeeper.
I drew blood but that was the last I saw before I was struck in the back by the blunt mace of a Dres Guard.
I awoke, and seeing my fellow slaves, who were to be family to me for the rest of my living days, and realized there was naught to be done.
The caked blood and sweat from their toil had broken their spirits and their will for freedom.
I managed a weak smile, knowing very well that the battle was not yet over, for I would die rather than to serve the cowards who had enslaved me.
It is in these last pages I hope to detail to you a story of freedom at the cost of my own life.
They may have the force to keep me in check, but they will never stop my words from destroying them.

Entry 3
This entry is dedicated to those who must toil under the iron hand of the Dres, both against and with consent.
The conditions here are absolutely horrid.
There were times in my youth when I believed life was at its worst, living in a small shanty and making barely enough money to feed all the mouths that needed nourishment.
However, as I look at the tired and worn slave mates of mine, I can only sympathize with their conditions.
During my first meal here at the mine, I refused to eat, spilling the cold porridge and stale trama root with the utmost defiance.
My fellow slaves rushed for the extra rations, and I, sickened by the sight, ran from the scene.
I realize my life is at stake here yet cannot bring myself to bow down to the cowards who have enslaved me here.
However, I presume that will change in due time.

Entry 4
I write to you, dear journal, bruised, weak, hungry and broken.
The fires of defiance have finally been put out, but, to my credit, much work was done to seal its exit from my body.
My refusals to mine for the Dres have been met with equal punishment, both physically and mentally.
I was taken from my post and given a public beating in front of the other slaves and was cast into a remote part of the mine and was fed maggoty leftovers deliberately caked in dirt and rocks.
All the while I was to remain there, I was chained to the walls and was given little to no free movement.
The guards would heckle me and would exploit my static behavior by throwing food and rocks at me, sometimes even taking the time to urinate on my body.
I endured the filth for two days until my hagrid body screamed of repentance.
I was given a bath and the chance to rest for the day, but would be severely punished for any subsequent refusals.
My place is here, I have finally realized, bowing to the Dres empire itself.
There is no other alternative.

Volume 2
Entry 5
The lateness of my writing may surprise you, oh journal, but my excitement cannot restrain itself.
I was awakened late this very night by a quiet whisper by my ear.
Expecting the voices to be a backlash of my own dulled senses, I turned and was face-to-face with a fellow slave.
He clamped his paw over my mouth and motioned for me to follow.
Expecting nothing, I obliged, and as we snuck past the remaining active guards I found myself in an ancient, dark room.
A match was lit revealing all the other slaves, and the notion struck me that there was hope yet for freedom.
The group silently welcomed me and apologized for their lack of communication with me in the last few days.
They saw my desire for freedom and recognized me as a member of their resistance towards the Imperials.
The remainder of the gathering was set aside for serious discussion.
The group told of its plans thus far for resistance; just this week, they had assassinated two guards on night duty with the help of a dropped knife by the Gatekeeper during my attack upon him.
They were eternally grateful for that, but described the Dres’ suspicion that the Imperial Cult may have employed such a ploy as an Ancestral Ghost to kill the guards at the mine and free the slaves.
I had heard the rumor as well, and had not thought much about it, but realized that the guards would be on high alert.
The leader of the group, whose face I could not see in the dark, had overheard some guards telling of a party to be held in the mine, sponsored by Viceroy Auhnrimnas Khizumet-e himself.
The slave said that the party was partly due to raise the spirits of the remaining guards, and it possibly may bring in more troops to guard the mine.
This caused much concern to the group as their previous efforts may have been dashed by the bolstering of the troops, but one woman was quick to think of it as a success.
She had noticed the guards’ treatment of me and how they seemed to be "attracted" by my appearance.
Though I had been in filth since I arrived at the mine, I was not surprised by their lust for me; I had been courted by many during my time in Limoth, even by the crown prince himself.
The woman explained that if poison were to be slipped in the drinks of the soldiers, it would create a foolproof plan for an escape.
So she asked me to consider whoring myself at the party and casually slipping in some poison which would have to be found beforehand.
I was taken aback by the suggestion, but realized it could be my only hope for a return to Limoth.
I mentioned I would consider the offer and quietly, the meeting disbanded.
Here I sit now, unable to sleep, and considering what may have been the best offer of my brief life.

Entry 5
Oh wretched folk! Why does such bad luck befall an innocent god-fearer like myself?
O journal, how could such people share such distrust and hate for their brothers and sisters?
My spirit lies in the dirt before me, and I am left here utterly alone in a dark shallow waiting for my sorry fate.
I must explain.
The effort to rebel was working out excellently before the voices of dissent began to spread amongst the group.
In the meetings, several fellow slaves shied away from taking part in the plan stating their contentment at their current position.
I wondered why such people could bear to see themselves as inferiors to a sniveling, cowardly race! Had we risen we would have shown them!
I never would have believed such people could turn against their fellows, but alas, we cannot all be perfect.
As the word leaked of our planned insurrection, the guards were quick to respond, gathering the two leaders and publicly executing them.
Their informant had also weaseled the plans of my attempted murder, and I was detained.
Their party, however, was given a bright liveliness because they had put an end to any sort of rebellion, and in time I believe they had forgotten about my arraigned murder.
I can only hope so, however, as I am utterly lost in this cavern and have no will to escape.
If I will die in this mine, oh journal, may the reader sympathize with my situation.

Volume 3
Entry 6
The Dres’ are quite true to their word.
As soon as they were able to recover from their debauchery, an agent of theirs was sent to rid me from this word.
Oh! No fear was strong enough to describe that feeling of impending doom, and my perceived last few moments were spent in stunned silence.
But I was met with such an unexpected surprise.
The guard sent to dispatch my life from this mortal plane was an impostor, a savant in the Twin Lamps organization merely waiting for the chance to prove his worth.
He asked me to remain calm and hide in the shallows until nighttime and he would orchestrate an escape.
When I was to reach Limoth, I would alert them of the situation and urge them to withdraw his post in the mine, as he felt his life was in constant danger.
The guard, sensing a tense situation would arise if caught with me, quickly left and asked that I be sharp for his nighttime arrival.
My admiration for the unknown guard grows, along with my suspicion.
Such a great man he is, for offering me a way out of this dank mine, but suspicious indeed.
I have heard various stories of Dres agents, poised as humane guards in order to spot possible dissenters, but now refuse to believe it.
How could such a man, so gentle and kind, be an instrument of the cunning Dres?
Curse them!
How dare they impose their will upon the rest of mankind and see the beast folk as inferior to their snotty, horse-faced selves!
Their piety sickens me, yet there is nothing I can do to resist their will.
Only an unknown man stands between my destiny and my fate, yet I feel uncertain with my life in his hands.
May he be the answer to my sincerest prayers.
However, I still am prepared for the worst.

Entry 8
Here we must part, dear journal, under the most horrible of circumstances.
Any plan of escape was foiled because of my own folly.
As I slept, oblivious to the situation enveloping around me, I was struck by a horrible vision, that of Limoth.
The images flickered before my eyes, causing much anguish to my own self. I screamed aloud and woke, conscious of my actions, and not bearing to see the consequences.
The other guards noticed, and my savior was whisked away for disobedience, off to a more grueling tenure as a guard in Tear, where he can be watched and disciplined.
I know this because I was found, in my present hovel, and finally the death sentence would be enforced, under the name of corruption of a guard.
I pray for his safety and for his well-being; such a huge blow to the Twin Lamps will never be stomached.
As for now, I have nothing to fear.
In tears I have taken refuge in a remote part of the mine, but I hear the guards approaching.
Goodbye journal, I see death approaching from the shadows to take me into his custody.
Oh what a shame that such life should be taken as mere consequences of an injustice.
Curse the Dres!
May the reader of this book see the valiant sacrifice of life in this mine not as a rebellion...

[Here the book stops therefore the end must be assumed]

-BM

PS: If anyone would like to suggest a name...feel free
Last edited by BalinMinister on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

May I please be a writer?
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

That book is excellent, except one problem: you inverted the organisations.
The imperials HATE slavery! silly.
And then you mentioned the tribunal wanting to rescue the slaves, when dunmer are the enslavers.
Just change "tribunal" to house dres, and switch the two around - although the party still should be for imperials, as dunmer would never procreate with argonians EVER :? .
Also, make according changes - like "legionare" to guard, "empire" to "Great house Dres", etc.
Otherwise, this is quite easily one of the 5 best books ever written for the project. :D
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Whoa :shock: that is good. :) The Imperials may hate slavery, but in Morrowind they exploit it and do use slaves. I don't think there's anything wrong with your book.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

they wouldnt CAPTURE slaves though... also, I dont think there are coal mines in morrowind - perhaps it should be the huge iron mine being planned in map 6.
Still, I love this book.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I don't know why, but I felt like making a book of my own.
It is a journal trying to expose the dres slave raids, and published, but it is banned because of its slanderous nature.
A few things and ideas before you read:
The bad english is deliberate
The argonians revere iguana-like creatures called "schizas", which they have kept as pets for ages

Dres are evil
By Anonymous

Many of you have heard the stories about the dunmer, escpecially those aligned to Dres. Us northern argonians even have children's tales about evading them, "child-rippers" they are called in these tales.
This is a tale of a reccent endeavor of mine.
Reccently, I had to go up into morrowind from my hometown of chasecreek, running after my pet schiza whom my wife loves dearly, who has been in my family for 5 generations, and what whom ran away. After an hour's journey, I then saw, jutting up from the jungle like the legs of a dead spider, the pass. I have to be honest, even though I am a grown man, the sight of the structure filled me with dread; even though I am a warrior by profession. It seemed to be molded from what I can only describe as hardened grey vomit, towering higher than even the biggest spore trees. I suspect that from this terrible monstrosity, the dunmer could see all the way into my town, spying and scheming.
As I came up to the gate, half-trembling, I was stopped by a very fierce-looking man; dressed in armour that seemed to have horns pasted all over it. He asked for my passport, and i do not know what that even is. I tried to explain, but instead he just stared at me - the cold, gaping black slit of his helmet showing no sign of morality or compassion whatsoever. A few seconds later, he whacked me very hard, in the face, with the blunt end of his halberd and laughed. As I got up, I nearly cried out: In the courtyard of the pass, the guards were laughing amongst themselves cynically, roasting my schiza above the fire. Alive. He was crying out terribly, and I could not bear the sight. So, I picked up one of the native plants that are poisonous to non-argonians, carefully as not to stroke the tassels, and threw it at their little circle. The poison inside burst out violently, choking the guards and killing one. However, I was foolish to ignore the great towers - An archer came, and shot an arrow straight through my tail. The pain was stinging, burning, as if the bastard had set it on fire out of spite. I crawled away, into the jungle, where nobody who wasn't of my kind would dare follow... and I then tripped and fell, exhausted.
I awoke the next morning to find that I had passed out apparently inside the jungle. I was by the great river, which starts in morrowind. I couldn't help not wondering where it started, so I followed it north.
Not even 10 minutes later, I saw a massive, beautiful waterfall rivaling all others I have seen at least 3 times. However, built around it was a very large ruin, of the dunmer's old religion. I thought to myself, "if the religion is abandoned, so must be this place"; and headed towards it to make plans to get back to chasecreek. I couldnt have been more wrong about its uninhabitance.

VOLUME TWO
As I walked up to the old dunmer ruin, I was filled with more awe - it shot so high into the sky! I wondered, why do the dunmer build things so tall?
These thoughts were silly, though; I had to put my mind to more important things.
I then arrived at the entrance of the place. It had a very funny looking round door, leaning to one side. As I opened it, I heard the very loud curses of an angry dunmer; speaking their old language. I could not see him, until after he was hitting a tree - he was wearing a magic ring, which fell off of him as he slammed into its branch stupidly. I ran towards him as fast as I could, and dug my foot-claws into his neck. He cried out, then died. I had never killed an intelligent being before though, so I felt sick to my stomach. Not wanting to put his things to waste, I took them - a very good set of armour, just like the guards's; some food, and of course his ring. The armour was quite comfortable, I must admit; and it moved very smoothly. However, I could not fit on the boots or helmet, so I dropped these parts. As much as I hate them, I must say that the dunmer make great armours. Anyways, I walked into the ruin, stupidly not thinking on where the invisible man came from. I went up its staircase, until I came to a room - and I was absolutely horrified with what I saw.
It was a great hall, with a hideous werecrocodile-like statue in the middle, and in it were hundreds of enslaved betmer like myself - some of them very strange to me; looking like marsh cats. They were being pushed around by guards of house dres, formed into lines and groups for some silly little reason. With the dead man's ring, they could not see me.
I knew I had to do something to save these poor souls; and with this ring the dres would not see me.
So, I snuck into the guard quarters to my left, which were empty, and took a halberd; as spears are my preferred weapon. With this, I walked towards the only guard near the quarters, and whacked the back of his neck as hard as I could. He died instantly, his spine broken by the impact.
This drew much attention, so I ran to the side far back. Only one guard ran to the scene though, the rest holding back their slaves. So, I did the logical thing and broke his spine as well. These Dres were dumber than I thought! I killed them all this way, single-file, until there was only one guard left; trying to hold back the slaves. I then cried out in my old language to all team up against this man, and they did so. I then took off the ring just to make an impression, and ran straight towards the guard; halberd outstretched. My fellow Betmer friends had him pinned down, and I then threw my weight into the halberd; which I drove into his neck. a fountain of red came out, which sickened me highly, but I was relieved to see that these 50 or so new friends of mine were now free... but there were more challenges that I couldnt even begin to imagine ahead.

VOLUME THREE
I gathered up all of my new, freed friends, all of them thanking me over and over. I got to know four of them best.
Kahaman was a very tall, gold-skinned man who said he was a former "Altmer" noble. His story was that he was going into morrowind to gather unique plants that grow there. For what reason this was I do not know, but he teamed up with an argonian mercenary also on the way to the Dres capital of tear, as two people are stronger than one. However, they were both kidnapped by the cruel guards of Dres and sent here - the mercenary fought back, but he was killed.
Jobasha was one of the strange cat people, who call themselves "khajiit". His homeland is across the Topal bay I found out, so I am suprised to not have heard of it. He had decided to immigrate to morrowind and try to set up a bookstore; as he had dreamed to do - The Khajiit worship the dunmer's old gods, so he thought the dunmer would like him. However, Jobasha was bankrupt when he arrived in morrowind, and to get money he decided to sign up for work at an iron mine south of Almalexia. At this place, he was made a slave, and he was eventually transferred here - where they manufacture large amounts of pottery secretly.
Skchahroo was by far the strongest argonian I have ever seen. He was obviously one of the shamanistic hist, for he couldn't even speak tamrielic. He told me of how he was the best warrior in his whole tribe, the countless trophies he has caught in various hunts, and all sorts of other strange things that only have meanings for the tribes. He said he was caught when a big troupe of Dres came down and razed his village, killing all in their way. They enslaved the entire village, and killed all who were weak. The bastards even took extra time to crush all the eggs, he said. He also told me he had just arrived here at this place today.

I'm going to have to stop halfway on this one for now, and will get back to it later today (I hope).
Last edited by sirwootalot123 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Arthmodeus just write something. You don't need permission to be a writer.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dumners. By Dont-hurt-your-neck
[translated From argonian]....I tell you about dumners,Dark Elfs.
I travelled to Morrowind from my own homeland Black Marsh. I wanted to see some of Morrowind and it's people,Dumners.
When i arrived to Ebonheart docks there was a dumner man called Velan Indoryn. I asked him about cities of Morrowind and he sayed :"Come with me to my home city Balmora..." I ansvered him "Okey,i can come is there a long trip ?" "No,we can use siltstrider":he ansvered. At least we arrived to Balmora Counsil seat of great house Hlaalu. then we goed to have a bottle of flin,to eight plates. And then i asked him about dumners.
They are red eyed dark skinned elfs. Also they Believe to three gods: Almalexia,Vivec and Sotha sil,They are also called the Tribunal.Here on Vvardenfell lives Vivec at Vivec city.Funny ? isn't it ? city named Vivec and there lives a god named Vivec. I asked is there more great houses than Hlaalu.He answered.Here on Vvardenfell is House Telvanni,house Redoran and House hlaalu. At on whole Morrowind here is beisdes House Indoril and House Dres...Also Dumners like to use medium and light armors more than heavy. And there is also tribes called the "ashlanders".
On next book i will tell you about argonians.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hmm :D i got to get some information about BlackMarsh course canno't do book without knowing what to put in there :D i will post volume:Argonians by.Dont-hurt-your-neck on 4 days :D i got to find info :D
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Thanks for all the support....

Here are the changes (already edited) to my book(s)
1.) Changed Character from Argonian to Dunmer....aside from the Dunmer who else would want to procreate with Argonians, save the Argonians themselves ;)
2.) Changed all Imperial context to dres and switched all Tribunal context to Imperials.

If you all wounldnt mind taking another look at it, id be much obliged.

PS: SIRWOOT: Take a look at the Emperor=Viceroy Auhnrimnas Khizumet-e...does that work for you?

-BM
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Journal of Noble argonian Vampire. By. Kill-by-will
...Ones i comed to road what leaded me onto a cavern,i asked my friend why here smells blood.He says: "Get ground!". then we have been under attack by Blood thirsty vampire ancients.We killed them....But almost all of my servants have died on that battle...Then we get on to my manor Kill-by-wills manor... We went to take nap but then i started to see nightmares...About Killing people,scrathsing their troaths.On next morning i awaked and heared Shouting and screaming i went to downstairs and saw my guard...Dead..He's throat was cutted.Next morning,i was thirsty i went to dring some sujamma but it didn't help.
I drinked water too...No effect. Then i saw my friends They were half vampires! iwent to look my face at water...ARGH! i have been contacted with Vampire.Now i know here is no cure for Vampirism so i and my group of vampires started to broke our manor.Then when we just got burned that manor we moved to city underworks. That will be our new home...Then two months ago we have all 5000 bounty on our head.
We have killed most all people what we see on night...Thats how we live now,i was noble argonian..Lived with ten other guys at my manor drinked flin and laughed and killed vampires...Now i have been mutated to vampire here is nothing to do anymore we are vampires and we want to kill. If someone will find this book HE WILL GET MY CURSE UPON YOU!!! BUAHAHAHAHAAAA!

-i thing that book can maybe be rare book :P-

heh :wink: that was Scaarryyy :D
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Hey arc. I noticed the editors on the front page are for the most part people I haven't seen on the forums in a very long time. Think you could update that?
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

ok Iwantsee

First since argonians are slaves (and in argonia somewhat tribal) I don't think an argonian is the best race to pick for the noble.

Also I am not sure if you are using a english translator but your grammer and word usage is very strange.

And the outline of the story is very good however it is a bit short and because of the wording doesn't really work

And finally the curse at the end is just a bit silly with the laugh (If you just state the curse the curse can actually be scripted)
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yea but strangly, the awkward english might actually work since the narrator is argonian... although if you ever do anything but argonian... it would come out very odd
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I'm sorry, but those books arent very good. First off, an argonian coming from black marsh wouldnt arrive in ebonheart; vvardenfell is restricted from having tourists. Second, the grammar and spelling is pretty bad.
Basically, it needs heavy editing to be useable.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I updated my book with volume two.
BalinMinister

As promised...a status report

Post by BalinMinister »

As promised...a status report

PS: IF anyone has any ideas for books if they mind sharing them i would be much obliged...:)

As for the "Dunmeri Guide to Moral Reasoning" the first part (about women) has been sent for edititing and a possible visit to the trash can if it is too offending...expect, however, an equal beratement of the male gender. :) (I will begin to work on that tomorrow morning or tonight)

As for Helotry (1-3) i believe im done, with perhaps a few changes by SirWootAlot (read previous post of mine)...

Any more ideas would be appreciated so i can dabble around with some ideas

-BM

PS: @Arcadea...i know youre bogged down but if you dont mind the question, hows it looking for a new Writers forum/thread??? Ill help out in any i can as im sure everyone else that posts here will do as well.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Balin, I like your works alot, if you want you could help for writing for the dun akafell library

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey all, this is my first chapter of the first book of "The Hunter's Trilogy" which I'm writing. Just letting you know how I'm progressing. :D
Attachments
The Hunter.doc
Chapter 1 of "The Hunters Trilogy, Book 1
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Its quite a start...i must say that I am impressed
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks, there's quite a lot more to write, so I better stop posting and write some more! :roll:
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

@sav, I read it a couple times through, its written pretty well. A couple of words that draw you outta the story, like the end "hugged him even harder." just seems like an oddly phrased way to end a chapter.

But I am confused, why is there a nordic tribe attacking a bosmer village. Valenwood = way south, Skyrim = way north. Also how could the nord's succeed in attacking a Bosmer village so easily and so stealthly. Nord's are generally not the lightest of foot, you would hear them coming. And if the Bosmer heard them coming they would have been in position to fire at the Nords, who would be in unfamiliar land, and it would be an easy defense for the Bosmer.
And if they lost the battle so easily, how will they take back the village that same day? I just think it sounds too Jerry Brockheimer like. You do have good moments of pure writing, but your lore seems to be an issue

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

LOL @ Jerry Brockheimer remark.

Actually, the second chapter details how they take back the village.
And yes, I've been contemplating what to say to end the chapter. I think thats temporary, it does sound very odd.
I guess I didn't explain any of the location (I didn't think that it would be very important) but its supposed to take somewhere in Morrowind. A group of Bosmers set up camp somewhere and live peacefully for many years and a raging Nord tribe has arrived on their doorstep.
Also, the reason the Nords really take it to the Bosmer is because A. they have a mounted group in their force and B. the Bosmer are sleeping (most of them) and C. strength in numbers. I didn't really explain any of the three in the chapter, its not my final copy so don't worry. I just forgot to say those things.

EDIT: The Nords didn't really stealthily attack the village BTW, it details how they're setting fire to the village :twisted: !

EDIT 2: The village is also very peaceful, which is why they aren't prepared for any sort of raid on their home. They do hunt and stuff, so they still know how to fight.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

hmmm so this story has to be fictional or set in a time in the past. Because they set up in Morrowind, being woodelves. To do so they would have to be an extremely small village, since, no dunmer would ever allow a large village of Bosmers to be built on their sacred lands. Also it would have to be in the past because there is no evidence of this occuring right now.

I wont critiquing anything further, and see the explainations that come from the completed work... you might want to find a way to insinuate or show that it is occuring in Morrowind...without saying its occuring in morrowind :P

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, its supposed to be fictional, so it doesn't have to take place anywhere near this time period, which could suggest that the lore makes sense. I never intended it to be a non-fictional at all, the lore is just too weird for the story to work like that.

EDIT: It could be used as a Bosmer legend story, perhaps a myth that has been passed down (if Bosmer keep myths like that, not sure) It makes sense because the story follows a Bosmer hero (Arisaenor).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The story isn't too fictional is it? I hope it doesn't seem too unrealistic to be in the game.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry, Savenor, but I agree with Majra on this one. The story doesn't fit. Maybe if you change the races around.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Here is my first contribution to TR. I hope you will enjoy it.

The Wildlife of Tamriel- Volume 1 Morrowind

By Ulussius Arkemedes

Greetings and welcome to my reference guide to the wildlife of Tamriel! We will start with the Easternmost part of Tamriel, Morrowind. Morrowind, also known as the Land of Ash, is actually a beautiful place, despite its nickname. The wildlife is mostly composed of insects and reptiles because of its hot climate.
Here is a list followed by information about the creatures:

Alit- A carnivorous bipedal reptile. Nearly its entire body is one big toothfilled mouth and ,strangely, has no arms. Its legs are muscular and powerful in order to support its great weight. Alits usually hunt in packs or pairs so this would prove that they are sociable creatures. Its hide is prized by hunters and alchemists.

Aphid- A large insectoid monster; this creature presumably eats meat and plants. It has eight legs: 4 large and 4 small and one big red eye. They live on the Northeastern mainland of Morrowind.

Cephlapod- A large squid that swims in the Sea of Ghosts. It resembles a large insect head with tenticals coming out of the back. It has a thick rigid exoskeleton thats prized by Telvanni guards as helms

Netch-Large floating leather airsacs that seem to possess life. Their leather hide is used for armour and lots of other things such as banners, rugs, and umbrellas. There are two types of Netches: the highly agressive female Betty Netch and the less aggressive but poisonous Bull Netch.

Cliff Racer- The flying beast that drove the Skylamps from Vvardenfell, the cliffracer resembles a featherless carrion fowl. It has a nonpoisonous stinger at the end of its long tail and a long sinuous neck tipped with a small head with a beak. They have no legs and spend much of their life flying in the air. Their plums are worth much to alchemests.

Durzog- Brought to Morrowind by Altmer from the Summerset Isles, the Durzog (or "Sludgepuppies as they are also called) are large intellegent carnivorous amphibians. They have six eyes and two large tusks. Most were domesticated by goblins but some wander through the wilderness of Morrowind. Their hide is rare and can sell for a lot.

Guar- Highly domesticated bipedal reptiles; they are used as beasts of burden by the local Dunmer. They are onmivorous, eating tiny insects from the ground and sometimes attacking people. Though the wild ones are dangerous, the domesticated ones are no danger at all and can easily befriend a humanoid.

Kagouti- A sociable carivorous reptile, this beast is thought to be a cousin of the Alit. Like the Alit, it has no arms, two sturdy legs, and a large mouth. It has two tusks and a plate on the back of its head. They mate for life and hunt in packs but they are extremely dangerous so use caution.

Kwama- Advanced subterrainian creatures, each kwama has its own job: Kwama Forager- collect food for the Queen; Kwama Worker- store the Queens eggs and dig tunnels; Kwama Warrior- Defend the Kwama lair; Kwama Queen- Lay eggs; Scrib- Larval stage of a Kwama. The Kwama eggs are the main source of food in Morrowind so please do not kill them. Kwama Foragers are the only Kwama that come out of the lairs but they are dangerous so use much caution.

Molecrab- Yellow crabs that reside on sandy beaches. They burrow underneath the sand to create their dwellings so hence the name. Their bodies are used as helmets by Telvanni guards.

Mudcrab- A common variety of crab that is located in beaches and, very rarely, in caves. Unlike most crabs, they only have one set of pincers. They have a thick outer shell that resembles a boulder and their meat is considered a delicacy by Dunmer nobles.

Nix hound- An insectoid four legged domesticated beast. This creature serves as a kind of watchdog for manors and such. Its mandibles are used for bringing in food for its mouth and its exoskeleton is camoflauged so it can blend in with the swamps. Like wolves and other canines, these creatures hunt in packs

Ornada- Resembles a cross between a crab and an insect, this creature has an extremely hard exoskeleton that is prized by Redoran guards.

Plainstrider- A distant cousin of the Siltstrider, this much more agile creature can move swiftly through plains and flatlands to transport humanoids.

Riverstrider- A Telvanni mount, this underwater creature can move swiftly through rivers, and sometimes, oceans. Despite its name, this creature is not related to the Silt Strider or Plainstrider.

Rotumbo- Fourlegged reptiles that are used as beasts of burden by Dunmer. The males have thick horns while the females have none. They are herbavorous and are very strong.

Shalk- Large black beetles that can supposably breathe fire. These insects are extremely dangerous and can easily kill an unwary traveler. Their resin is highly valued by alchemests.

Silt Strider- Huge creatures related to the Plainstrider. They are used as transports by merchants and the like. Their legs are extremely long so that they can walk in deep water to the mainland. They usually migrate to the Ashlands on Vvardenfell to die.

Sky Render- Giant flying insects used as mounts by Dres traders. They have a huge stinger at the end of their abdomens and have two sets of wings.

I have finally contributed something to TR! I hope you enjoyed it.[/i]