Real Estate Agency

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Geowulf

Real Estate Agency

Post by Geowulf »

Everybody has downloaded and used housemods once in their life. What are your oppinions on adding houses for sale in TR? We could have a faction overseeing this whole business, a real estate agency (or several agencies). Basicly the player would stumble upon a house with a small note hanging next to it, showing the price and the location of the agency that sells it. Then the player can recieve the key from the agency.

The idea is to have an integrated housemod, something that wasn't in the original game.

EDIT: Well it doesn't need to be a whole new faction. :) It could just fit within the existing factions, like: House Indoril sells Indoril houses, Redoran sells Redoran houses... etc. For Imperial Houses you should go to the census and excise maybe?
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

I began making a mod for that, yet I never really pursued it. I think it would be a great idea. You have certain houses that have special doors that can't open until you buy the house. I think Rockwell has something like that in Gah'Rhun.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Why buy a house when you can simply kill the inhabitant of an other house? :P
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

It's called: "ROLE-PLAYING" :P :P :lol:
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I don't know about a realesate agency...thats too modern, but like you said, it could be part of Dunmer House thing. The House nobles are land owners, so maybe you could go to them and buy a piece of their property out in the Wilderness, where contruction on your home would begin. Different Houses would obviously have different territories available, and you could choose from a number of different locations per Dunmer House.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

you could buy houses in daggerfall, it was done through the city bank

by the way... shouldnt there be a bank in morrowind somewhere?
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Thalog Son of Darius

Post by Thalog Son of Darius »

I made a real estate mod along time ago, my hard drive died so i lost it, but I thought it was a good idea. Pretty easy script too.
Have you ever taken the time to appreciate that you aren't water soluble?
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

Maybe it shouldn't be too formal. Just put an agent in the local bar or tradehouse that owns some houses that he wants to put up for sale.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I dunno, I don't think it should be called a "real estate agent" definetly

Why can't it be a part of whatever faction controls the city or area of land? and then one of the NPC's could be in the office of land deed's in some major city? and you could get maps and all sorts of stuff

I doubt regular people have the rights to sell land in morrowind.. prolly done by the government

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

well, there should be a buisness, not a faction. there should be offices around tamriel that allow you to buy land (for quests) and houses (for roleplaying)
Asylum
Developer

Post by Asylum »

instead of buying couldn't you rent a house like you rent a room, but instead of paying every day you could pay rent for a month or maybe for a longer periode at once sinds you would probably be on adventure for some long periods. and when you don't pay you could be punished by a beating or something like that?
"Forgive me, for I don't know what I gain
Alone in this garden of pain
Enchantment has but one truth:
I weep to have what I fear to lose"
Legolas55

Post by Legolas55 »

I would think there would be more of this in Imperial places rather than Morrowind or places that are not as content or free.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

those ideas I feel are too contemporary... I dont think they would be renting at this period in time like a tavern owner... in this genre its generally the government that hands out land grants, either that or really wealthy associates of the government
like a lord or something

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I would think that a few of the higher ups in the houses would have land for sale that you could buy and then build on however. Could make a few that are like mini stronghold quests. If we get to the more imperialized provinces then we could implement banks.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yea thats what I mean, whoever leads the area... one of his peeons would be the ones handling land sales, and the person incharge might be called on for a major sale

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What if you do something like buying a piece of ground in an hlaalu area (If you're a hlaalu member). That ground is yours, then you could hire some hlaalu people who build a small house that you can keep on expanding until you have a huge fortress. Offcourse you need to pay more money every time you expand it. But also on a certain moment people will come for houses so that you can create youre own village and that it would be a city eventually with all sorts of stuff. But also that you cant get a tellvani city anymore because you don't belong to their guild and that the imperials wont let you build more than a manor with a small village.

Example: Piece of ground-> small shack-> small farm with extra ground-> medium farm with even more ground-> large farm with a large piece of ground for an farmer-> mansion with little shacks for the slaves-> mansion with nescesary shops-> small stronghold with small village-> stronghold with big village-> small fortress with little city-> huge fortress with a big city-> enormous castle with an huge city with a colloseum and that kind of stuff.

as soon you got a small farm you get some money for the goods you sell and this increases with the time. Also you can buy when you have a stronghold a small manor for vacations on all sorts of places.

example: an hlaalu castle in morrowind and small manors in all other provinces.

you guys like the idea??
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Something along those lines yes.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That would be kewl, maybe you could put in stuff like buying farms, workshops, and guildhalls for your self too. So you could make some coin off of a buisness instead of nonestop adventuring hehe.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

but who will due this?
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

But hasn't it been already disscussed in "Builders Guild" thread ?
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Enlil

Post by Enlil »

I have loved the house mods that i've used but I think that there needs to be an incentive to buying a house as opposed to taking one (other than role-playing, which, by itself it fine, but not for everyone).
1.Perhaps a script that prints the characters name above the door or on a flag outside in a language of their choice.
2. There should be more of a selection in location than in previous mods( basically more houses in more places).
3. A script that allows a degree of design selection. That is to say that the script "builds" the house and places it in a specified location. These design options and location options being predefined and selectable from a menu.
4. Option for cellars and other storage facilities, glass display cases etc. These, of course, would be determined during the players "design" state.

And make it hella expensive. I mean seriously, I can get 1.5 million gold inside of 5-6 hours of gameplay(no I don't cheat; I just know where the treasure can be found).

There's my five cents. :)
Finished Books and Poems
Wanderlust
Travel By My Side
At River's End Vol I
Oath of the Wretch
Emvae's Contract
Ariitha Biethu's Journal

Rewritten Works of Others
Dust to Mounatins
Awaken
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

making it expensive would make people more likely to kill someone and take there house

how about if you kill someone there house is locked up until its somone buys it.

don't make all houses expensive just make there sellers hard to find
so you see a house for sale but you might not know who is selling it

and the scrip which prints your name could say 'FOR SALE' until you buy it.