!!NEED ADVICE!!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

1st part: try tamriel as the password i think thats what valderon set all the passwords to when he added us to the board.

2nd part: no idea, but I'm sure someone on the boards knows enough about 3dsmax in order to help you, try asking kothloth or veet. They are both known modelers here.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

if i well understood what u need u'll find all that u seek on this site...

thanos' tower

[url]http://66.106.110.151/Morrowind/[/url]
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

In your case Pyroid, I would have created a large box and placed it over the part of the robot that I didn't want to have. Then I would use the compound tool "Boolean" on the robot, chosen the box as the "Operand B" then chosen the Subtraction (A-B) Operation. It's as easy as that :P
Pyroid

(I got my account back!!!)

Post by Pyroid »

Are you trying to mock me :) ? I have no knowldege whatsoever of 3DSMAX, but I am reading some of the things on the website prometheus so generouslt supplied, and I am hoping that things will soon clear up. The website has a wealth of information, and should be visited by any and all modders who want to aquire new skills.

And also kothloth, was that stuff all gibberish, or are they real operations? And if they are real and it is that simple, then... ah... could I ask you a favor? (*hint, *hint, nudge, cough)
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Yes, they're all real ;) It isn't as strange as it sounds, which you will notice if you try it out yourself. I only found this very useful tool because I was playing around with 3dsmax once and accidently tripped over it, so don't take it like I know very much about 3dsmax :P

Anyway, what would the favor be then?
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

Weeeell... could you break up the parts of the Dwemer robots so that I could use them in the mod? I would be very grateful, and plus, you'd find your way into the credits :) . Its going to take some time for me to get good with 3DSMAX, and I really don't think I have the time to learn all of the necessary skills at the same time I am getting used to my AP classes (The first week of school I was up till 8:30 - 9:00 just doing my homework). If you are willing to help, please PM me and I can give you a list of the parts I need. Or just update this thread.