CUT SCENES

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

meadows_7988

CUT SCENES

Post by meadows_7988 »

Someone may have already figured this out, but I've been working on various cutscenes for sleeping and travelling...I made some in game movies, and converted them to the "bik" format, and successfully inserted them...they're simple videos, like a panning shot of the shoreline from a ship during sunset.

Now..

Since I suck at scripting, would anyone know how to insert them when you sleep and pay for travel services? I'm kinda stuck.
Pyroid

Post by Pyroid »

For all of your scripting problems, contact unifiedsleepers. He is a pro and he will help you gladly, unless of course he is in a bad mood :) (I have never found him in one)
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Ohhhh...this sounds like a cool idea...Might we be able to see these scenes? :D
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

That I shall do....Thanks...I'm always tryin' to do things that require scripts I can't figure out...Guess I should read scripting for dummies 5.0.
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

I'll post them on my web site soon....Thier kinda rough at this point, but once I finalize'em, they should look pretty good....I've gotta' great editing program that I'm transfering with...I've been trying to figure this out for along time, I really wanna' get this into the game...I'm almost there.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

ohh great idea , bu8t can u tell me how to do movies in game i never nown it was possible and even how to do one , what should i need?
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Go to [url]http://www.fraps.com[/url] They have a free trial program that allows you to take in game video's of anything...keep in mind it's a demo and does watermark the outputted video...It is cool though.
Last edited by meadows_7988 on Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadows_7988

Cutscene download

Post by meadows_7988 »

For anyone who's interested, here's a beta download of what I'm developing...The mod is rather large because of the attached video file, but I'm still workin' on it. The cutscene in this version will be replaced by a better one, but for now it does the job...Any suggestions on what to use would be great.

As for the mod, just plug it in and go to dagon fel...There's a ship named "hyacinth", activate it when the name appears...

So far, this is the only way I've been able to link my cutscenes...

A resting cutscene will be up next.
[url]http://www.geocities.com/meadowsmods/Cutscene.zip[/url]
Last edited by meadows_7988 on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

sorry but it says the requested page is not available
Totalwar site:

TR download website
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Right click the shortcut and select "save as"...If that doesn't work, you can try my index page at:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/meadowsmods[/url]
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Okay I just checked it out. With a little work I beleive this could be a wonderfull enhancement for the game.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

That was very nice meadows. This will definately bee a cool mod once your done. Are you planning on doing one for the Silt Striders too?
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Thanks for your responses....I plan to make a cut scene for every type of fast travel out there...I've already shot the scenes for silt strider...I've created a finalized cutscene for ship travel, a scene for staying in rented or interior beds, and also one for camping...I'm still trying to tie these in to the game with some scripting...The only disavantage of the scenes, is that I cannot compress the file in compliance with the games engine and still get a high resolution shot, so they will be a little blocky, but they still look pretty good...I noticed that the cutscenes that bethesda did were also blocky, so I can't fix that... But overall I'm just about finished and I think it looks good.

Thanks again for checking it out...I'll be releasing a final version here soon.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

what do you mean for blocky?
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

It means the resolution on them isn't that good. So the picture appears blocky.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Are the finalised scenes going to be all from insid the ship/siltstrider/whatever or are we going to get some nice cinematic shots of the ship sailing away from the dock?
-- Winston Churchill
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

The shots will be cinematic...The finalized ship scene is three shots, two are leaving land and one is out at sea watching the sunset...The ship is not in the shot because I want to link this to all fast travel by sea, ( boats, longboats)...The beta version was much too bland I think, mostly it served it's testing purposes and now I have a much better one for replacement...This applies to silt strider as well...I've actually written some good scripts that are working real well with this, so I'm sure I be able to show everyone the new scenes soon.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

we look forward to it :D keep up the good work, these should definantly be in the map one release.
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Ok, here's the deal, I thought I had this thing tackled, but I'm stuck again...I've successfuly inserted an interior sleep scene, works great...That one is done, no problems...I also inserted the ship travel scene and it works, so whenever you pay for travel by ship from anyone who offers it in Morrowind and Solstheim, you get the cutscene...

But here's the problem....In order to do this I attached a script to the shipmasters, it works fine, unless theres a silt strider port nearby, in this case it will play scenes for both travel, because the scripts are active in both cells..(the silt strider guys's have a seperate script attached to them, that is why it does this.)

My question is; does anyone know of a function that will activate a script only when the NPC it is attached to is spoken to, instead of it just running in and around them when your in those cells?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can you show us what one of those scripts looks like?
meadows_7988

Resting Cutscenes release..

Post by meadows_7988 »

I've completed a final version of my resting cutscenes mod...There are two new video's added, one for interiors and one for exteriors.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/meadowsmods/Resting_CS.zip[/url]

The travel cutscenes will be a little longer due to the odd scripting that it's gonna take, but unifiedsleepers has been very helpful, so hopefully we can figure it out...

Also, my site's been acting up, if the link doesn't work, just go directly to my main page.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

your main page isnt working either
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Hmmm, strange...it works now, but who knows...

Try right clicking on the link and selecting "save as", that usually works.

Sorry, my sites a freeby and tends to do this...

[url]http://www.geocities.com/meadowsmods/Resting_CS.zip[/url]

[url]http://www.geocities.com/meadowsmods/[/url]
Last edited by meadows_7988 on Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

got it, theyre very good

-Drizzt Do'Urden
meadows_7988

Post by meadows_7988 »

Thanks for the comments...I'm glad you liked it...I've been using it for a week or so, I think it adds to the gameplay a little, kinda paces things...Now if I can just get the travel ones out.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

is meadows still around

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

I wouldn't think so ;) He never replied to an PM asking if he were to stay as a reviewer or not three months ago or so.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

well has anyone decided to continue with the cut scenes idea? the resting one and sailing ones were great and added atmosphere, it would nice to see these done anyway.

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

How did he do them, anyway? We need some more cutscenes in this game, like for SIlt Striders, and such ... not to mention for the MQ ...
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

through scripts, I am not too good with that sort of thing but anyone who is should look at his resting scene and try and do some :)

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Great. The site is down. Blindhamster, could you upload it here? You do have a copy? Right? Say you do?
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

of the resting one? I believe so, not sure about sailing tho...actually it appears that it is to large to upload, try his site again tho... it worked for me just fine.

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dang, it would suck to have all that work go to waste. Unfortunately, it makes sense that if this guy has been gone so long his website would've turned itself off by now, too.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Hmmmm ... mif I try to acces his site, it says it has exceeded it's bandwidth and will be back in an hour.

err, and do freeware sites just turn off like that? Nasty.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, I wouldn't know. I was just guessing, 'cuz for instance if you don't log on to other free services like email and such, they tend to delete your account after a while.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

lol no they dont... erm If the upload size was increased to 4.5 meg I cud upload it here :P hint hint hint

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Fine, then. Guess I was wrong :P
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Well, he seemed to have been online 29th november. Which might mean that he might come back after the cristmas holidays ;)
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

well lets hope so :D

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

if not I do know what program he used to video capture and have a copy myself.
-- Winston Churchill