Request for 6-26

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

sirwootalot123
Developer

Request for 6-26

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I would like to request to add cell 23 -49 to 6-26, so there can be something to look at from the border. I would probably just make it a big, narrow ravine made with garland's cliff models and some super-large BC rocks I made (retexture of the big WG_rock_12).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Rodan
Developer Emeritus

Post by Rodan »

Problem is that cell is in Black Marsh. I cannot grant it.
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I know it is, but it (my claim) looks seriously crappy without this cell, as even at a very low view distance you see a huge gaping hole in the land from the position of the pass (halfway in 23, -48 ).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Then we need to decide what will be done concerning those borders. Or has anything been decided yet ?

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I think the desicion was to use the massive collision boxes used in mournhold as border blockers (along with disabling levitation in the cells they are placed in), but i'm not sure. Also, the only way into the argon jungle in my claim had been placed within 3 texture squares of this cell's border.
Also, it's practically set in concrete that our policy with borders will also include seeing 1 cell into the next province where there are passes or otherwise a lack of mountians (which is the case here).
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

You make a good case, Wootie. In fact, all of the "edge" claims (with the exception of a few rock walls or impenetrable forests) will need something to look at even if it's not possible to get there.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I've gone ahead with this.
I'll submit my claim with this cell, and if you guys dont like it then I can easily delete it + fix the surrounding cells as part of what the reviewers want me to fix (which I suspect there will be a good deal of).
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I dont wanna delete the cell now. It looks way, way too good with what i've done to it. Screens are a'coming in my 6-26 thread sometime this week.