Neomaneor #18 Finished/Up for Grabs

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

BalinMinister

Neomaneor #18 Finished/Up for Grabs

Post by BalinMinister »

Soory about all the confusion but my attempts to fit a tavern into either 8 and or 9 were doomed to failure....so at the suggestion of Veet i decided perhaps i just should claim one interior...18

Any basic info on the tavern is that it is mainly for sailors, very mariner-esq feeling, possibly a storage area for cargo, entitled the "Last Voyage"...fitting because it is the last port before Necrom....

#18= single storied, wider than 8 and 9...and longer

Thnaks and opinions are most helpful!
Last edited by BalinMinister on Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bringing back the old school
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I really would like to start working on this....so any mods or whoever that come by feel free to grant/reject my proposition...

I hate to sound bitchy but ive been waiting for a LOOOONG time for this and i dunno if Veet had the official 'yes' in this matter or not....please take a look someone :roll:

Thanks
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

I see no problems. Granted.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

1st update: i havent worked on it much at all....at least not as much as i had hoped...anyways heres the projected layout of the tavern (much thanks to Aubustou for the help) and i will look at the exterior of the building and see if i can add a facsimilie cellar on the left side..which will combine with the right cellar to make a big cellar

Projected Layout:
Top Floor:Semi Vendors,Welcome area
Right and Left Cellar: Bar area, Lounge Area, Wine/Food storage
Last edited by BalinMinister on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Argh...i COMPLETELY FORGOT about my claim...but there has been some progress...here is the final layout of the tavern....and will add perhaps one branching room for a wine cellar and another for a storage area

Anyways...here is the final layout...same projected layout as before....

Will get to detailing it in a little while...any suggestions for marine(maritime) statics or items???

-BM
Last edited by BalinMinister on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

No this interior is not dead...in fact...it is about halfway to completion...

I havent even began to touch the basement region and the upstairs trader area has over 200 items so far and and i aim to add a few (perhaps 100 more) anyway....expect the top floor to be done over the weekend...

As for the bottom floor...just your regular ol' bar with a very special maritime theme (i have it planned but i dont want to reveal it yet because i dont know if its indeed possible yet :p)

-BM
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

erm, 300 refs? anything above 400 justifies making the basement seperate (as in"tavern, basement").
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

sirwoot....your quite on top of things...thats what i had planned to do because a trapdoor is the only way i can have a basement due to the shape of my interior

-BM
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Ok well here it is...the top floor that is...@mods, if you want to go ahead and review/merge this that will be ok...unless you want the complete file first...the basement will be a tavern area but its underground so the PC will need to enter a new interior cell to access this place...if you want the file i will clean/post it at your request...or else i will proceed to finish the entire thing....which could take some time

Oh and here are the screens...please tell me if anything seems out of place and yes i will fix the look of the food on the small dining table...

-BM
Attachments
Progress_Initial_Neom_18(2).JPG
(129.16 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Progress_Initial_Neom_18(1).JPG
(116.61 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

-First off, there is a wide variety of....not very tavern like things here. The armor and alchemy equipment for example. It would be best if the things that aren't tavern like are removed. You can fill in the remaining void with plates and such. You might also wanna consider putting a few tables in here. In order to squeeze this in though, you might also have to cut down on the counter space. Or, another option would be to line the counter with barstools and such and have plates and forks setting out along the counter as if a person had just eaten at those spots.
-The chest by those two baskets is imperial.
-There needs to be a way to get behind the counter without jumping over it ;).

As for the bedroom, the only things that catch my eye (at this moment) is:

-The telvanni bug lamp should only be in telvanni style interiors
-The sewing supplies isn't necessary for a rental room.
-Can you check out what that book on the bed is? If it is part of the breif history of the empire series, then it really doesn't belong in a Dunmer interior.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Hehe...sorry for the confusion...the tavern will be downstairs as i had mentioned in a previous post...the original place (what you see in the screens) will simply be a bazaar (small living area/pawnbroker shop) for these sailors to goto....in other words

Tradehouse on top floor, small rental room for passerby's
Tavern on bottom floor

-BM

PS: Will fix those
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Have fixed all the errors but sadly have not done much in teh way of the actual tavern...i highly doubt i will be able to finish it but will see...perhaps this can be converted into a tradehouse only, and in that case, i will be done

_BM
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I have made up my mind...in the best intrest of the project i have formally decided to submit this interior not as a tavern but a tradehouse...my heart is not with this interior nor is my will....but i have finished the portion that was supposed to be the trading area....

Since there is already a tavern in Neommaeor, i think there is no need for another...

If it is fine with sniper/whoever...i will go ahead and post my finished result
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

you are gonna have to wait for sniper to figure this out, because Im not sure on the background on this particular claim, sorry
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Here it is...sorry i wont be here for a week so sniper if you think its alright for a tradehouse/pawnbroker just let me know and a major request....i cant do the corrections on this interior because i have little to no access to the CS...if you can give it someone else or have the reviewers do it it would be most appreeciated

It feels good to finally get it off my hands!

PS: If you want to continue making the taven (basement) this interior is up for grabs...remember that it has a maritime (sailor) theme so what i was thinking was suspending the small canoes from the ceiling with the straight rope and making them serve as tables some could also hold plants in them and would be suspended from the ceiling until about the height of one's head....if you want to take this over be my guest
Attachments
Clean TR_BM_Neommaeor_18.zip
(6.32 KiB) Downloaded 51 times