The Battle of the Red Mountain

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

The Battle of the Red Mountain

Post by Anonymous »

<<Edited to match Writers Forum Guidelines>>

Genre: Historic
Setting: base of the Red Mountain, year of the War (I don't know the Morrowind calendar yet.)
Characters: Lord Vivec, Lady Almalexia, Lord Nerevar, General Neanwan Maestur(<-- Author, Dunmer)

One of the things I found surprising was that in the original game there appeared to be no book depicting what actually happened in the fight between Nerevar and Dagoth Ur. Everyone knows the events, but there were no stirring recounts of the battle. I guess I'd like to do a one or two parter, the first being the fight with the united Clans, Nerevar, Amelexia and Vivec, the fight with the Sixth House. So the progression would be:

1. Approaching the Mountain.

2. The charge against the Sixth House

3. Nerevars victory and wounding

4. The retreat and the rise of the Ghostfence

Then the second book 'The Last Days of Lord Nerevar,' would be about obviously, the days before his death, the finishing of the Temple and the new House hierarchy, Nerevars death, and the first propfecies of the Nerevarine.

Lore Issues: History is written by the victors, and then re-written by the power-hungry. This could be a true accounting by someone who was their, or a Temple rewriting to portray events as the want them to be portrayed, or even a farce written under a psuedonym and taken as fact.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I dont think anyone has done this but you will have to be VERY careful in doing this.....this person could have been someone with strong Temple bias or someone who saw what happened to Nerevar and was horrified...in either case, be true to the nature of the NPC....

Btw...you should check out the stickies in the lit forum if you want to propose a book idea....Majra (moderator for this forum) has proposed some rules about the format of the proposals and you would do well to follow them (or else this will get deleted)

Welcome!
Bringing back the old school
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Im sorry I just can't allow for something of this excessive lore danger for a proposal.... also I don't know your work yet.... my suggestion, pick something less epic and less lore dangerous, and claim that, lemme see what kinda writing you do, and then if its really really good, I might consider this again

Sorry for the strictness,
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same