Statue Request

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

Statue Request

Post by Anonymous »

I hate requesting stuff like this, but if anyone could find the time to make a statue of a Redoran soldier for me, that would be great. Its for my Dunmer stronghold in claim 4-31, so the textures should match accordingly. Thanks.
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

What armor, clothes, weapons, etc.. do you want? Also, what do you mean about the textures matching? Do you want the statue textures like the saint statues, the vivec statues, or the daedric statues?

Vorrheis
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Actually now that i think about it im not sure what a Redoran soldier would have worn when this was built. I was assuming that it would be just a Redoran guard carrying a spear or sword, but that might not fit into lore... gah. Assume for now its a redoran guard standing to attention with a spear in hand.

By the textures matching i meant that as its for a Dunmer stronghold it should be in the same colour scheme; grey/black, like the daedric statues but less purple.
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

The vivec statue colors would work best for a stronghold, they are more monochrome.
As for the equipment, I'll make the model if you state exactly what you want it to have equipped. Also, if he's not wearing a closed helm, I need to know which head and hair you want.
I'll assign all the original textures to it and you'll have to get someone else to re-skin it to look like a statue.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

or to make it easy u can simply drop a stone texture that fits the theme without retexturing piece by piece , or at least that is what i did for the Narsis statues....
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

actually seeing ive seen the screen of that stronghold you are building y dont you use the daedric statue textures? they seem to go well with one of the strongholds on the northernmost coast of vvardenfell.
just a suggestion
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks vorrheis. He should be wearing full Gah-Julan bonemold and holding a chitin spear in a defensive position, like holding it at the waist ready for someone to charge into it.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Broode wrote:Actually now that i think about it im not sure what a Redoran soldier would have worn when this was built. I was assuming that it would be just a Redoran guard carrying a spear or sword, but that might not fit into lore... gah. Assume for now its a redoran guard standing to attention with a spear in hand.

By the textures matching i meant that as its for a Dunmer stronghold it should be in the same colour scheme; grey/black, like the daedric statues but less purple.
More then likely he would not have been wearing any Armor, at most a few pieces of Chitin on his shoulder or something similar.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Túrelio wrote:More then likely he would not have been wearing any Armor, at most a few pieces of Chitin on his shoulder or something similar.
Crap. In that case, he should be wearing a left chitin pauldron and gauntlet, still holding the spear. head should be b_n_dark elf_m_head_02 and b_n_dark elf_m_hair_10. Also, if possible, can you put the sash and belt from the chitin cuirass instead of the regular diaper-like underwear?
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Holding a chitin spear in a defensive position? there is a statue almost identical to that, except it's a dres guard and the weapon is a chitin halberd.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Doesn't really help, it needs to be redoran or generic dunmer due to its location
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Vorr, if it's not too much trouble, could you do the statue of a modern Redoran guard anyway (wearing a Iron Halberd)? I think that'd do well to spice up my city of Ald Tearoth ... or really any mainland Redoran city.

Also ... again, if you have the time, how about an Ordinator, wearing Indoril armour and helmet, Indoril shield, and an ebony mace/Ebony spear? That'd really, really make Almalexia look better. Her Hands armour with appropriate shield and ebony scimitar would also be cool.

There I go again, requesting thngs left and right ... :?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Im sorry, but I am really gonna have to discuss statues with the core... now we have redoran guards getting their own statue? Redoran are poor as dirt, and yet they can make statues for their guards? highly suspect.... the whole statue issue is one thing I am gonna bring up with the core. Yes they look all pretty and junk, but to me they make absolutely no sense with 95% of the ones we use
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Personally the older statue, for the Stronghold might be ok, but it must be very damaged and in bad shape, and might not have been very detailed in the beginning anyways. We do need to cut down on the statues however, like Narsis probably has nearly all the statues we would need for Morrowind. 1-2 Redoran Statues might not be so bad if it wasn't adding onto a mountain of other statues we already have.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Majra wrote:Im sorry, but I am really gonna have to discuss statues with the core... now we have redoran guards getting their own statue? Redoran are poor as dirt, and yet they can make statues for their guards? highly suspect.... the whole statue issue is one thing I am gonna bring up with the core. Yes they look all pretty and junk, but to me they make absolutely no sense with 95% of the ones we use
Amen brother.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Right, you didn't see statues very often in the maingame. I would say the greater deal, alteast 80%, was the statues in the daedric ruins. Some were dwemer statues, and only a very few existed in dunmer towns. I can only recall Vivec having any at all.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

hey! I just realized how bethsoft got

"great" out of Gah for dunmeri!

we say gah when we're upset or put out or cant figure something out...and we say great for the same thing...

interesting.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Gah, why didn't I think of that! Lol yea you can tell that about a few things, it is quite interesting to look at that.
vorrheis

Post by vorrheis »

Well,

I'll hold off on making any statues until we get a core go ahead. I haven't playtested any exteriors, so I wasn't aware that things were going all ancient greece.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Majra wrote:Im sorry, but I am really gonna have to discuss statues with the core... now we have redoran guards getting their own statue? Redoran are poor as dirt, and yet they can make statues for their guards? highly suspect.... the whole statue issue is one thing I am gonna bring up with the core. Yes they look all pretty and junk, but to me they make absolutely no sense with 95% of the ones we use
I wasnt aware there were so many statues... Although, this stronghold was built ages ago so their financial situation at the moment means next to nothing.

How about if the staue is barely bigger than the player, and falling apart? It would add quite a bit of atmosphere to this diapidated place
av01d

Post by av01d »

broken statues? nice nice.
how many statues are there in narsis anyway? someone fill me in please..

i just thought that having those LotR statues on the sides of the cliff were really cool. maybe the capital can have on of those.

and dont think that many statues are needed for this part of tamriel. if u want statues u can go crazy with them when ya get to the capital city

ive found a way to explain all the statues in narsis. make a stone crafter's shop in narsis and that will have it.

anyway are there marble mines anywhere in tamriel?
"Um, I already gave my best"
"And that I have no regrets at all"

Lore: http://www.williamhung.net/
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

theres marble in narsis....
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Garinator, would you support that claim, please?
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Marble was never approved as a material, so simply by referring to Narsis wont help anything since the marble mine there was simply something Prom made up by himself.
ive found a way to explain all the statues in narsis. make a stone crafter's shop in narsis and that will have it.
It isn't about how the statues was made, it's about how it was paid for and for what reasons. Statues are expensive to build, no doubt about it, and it also takes much time to build a statue. Why would a simply great house of morrowind spend money on statues when it's needed for territorial conquest and maintaining the cities they already have?
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

/me reminds Koth he has a marble Guar and a slab of black marble in Darnim Watch. :P
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can we steer this back on topic? I was looking to see if I could get a small statue made for this ruin, just a small partly broken one to add to this place's ancient and decrepid feeling.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

haha yes yes, everyone is guilty for the whole statue issue, cause everyone wants to have a cool claim with one, so yes even koth has used one. My point is, they should be weeded down and reduced to those that really matter. And broode, Im sorry but we will have to have a core discussion on this whole thing, which might take a little bit, continue with your claim. I like the idea of statues smaller than a person, like figurines and statuets.... those would be very nice, explainable, cheaper, etc. and having it broken would be good as well. But again, we must discuss it. So just continue on with things unrelated to it
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sure, thanks Majra.
av01d

Post by av01d »

ive seen those small statues, more like figurines in this guild add-on that lets u become a lich or something... they were the size of a helmet and looked rather simple. but i always thought it was interesting clutter.
"Um, I already gave my best"
"And that I have no regrets at all"

Lore: http://www.williamhung.net/