Map 1 Guild Quest Discussion (Telvanni)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Veet
Developer Emeritus

Map 1 Guild Quest Discussion (Telvanni)

Post by Veet »

This thread is to coordinate and discuss ideas for the House Telvanni quests on Map 1.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Garinator

Post by Garinator »

i think that most players will be grandmaster on vvardenfell so we will need some major challenges when the grandmaster does quests to get to grandmaster for the whole province.
Also a larger focus on quests AFTER you become grandmaster of ALL telvanni.
Sorta like fast eddies quests.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Please read TR's new brown book for the mainland telvanni. It contains some important issues that need to be addressed. An issue I find very important is the discovery of the spell to summon hearnes by the Telvanni. This could bring about some very good quests.
Last edited by Sniper4 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

That would posibly be a nice place to use one of our wonderfull new spell books too ;)
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

First thing we need to discuss is how would Telvani councilors on the main land(and Telvani Isles) look upon a councilor(assuming you are a member) from Vvardenfell. Also if you have already been proclaimed the Nerevine, then how would they look upon you.
I think firstly if you are not a councilor yet there should be a preliminary quest, that the player basically cant pass. When you return they tell you something along the lines of,
"you have failed us, and our trust in you can not bear such failure"(dialogue somewhat like that)
So if yougo back, the only thing you get is maybe some menial delivery quests that respawn(can be randomized out of a set of 3 or 4, consisting of delivery, or purchase) that dont elevate your status in anyway. This continues until you become councilor in the ES3 quests. Then the actual quest line begins.
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Like I posted in the signup forums we have only a few days untill the maps are ready for us to begin questing so we need to get some conversation going about the quests, and some outlines started.
-- Winston Churchill
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Outline by: haplo12345

Members Involved:
Random Telvanni Councillor
Telvanni member wishing to improve status
Player

Rough Outline -

Telvanni Member (John) wishes to improve his standing with the local Telvanni after a recent blunder he caused. You are assigned to help him regain his good standing with the eccentric telvanni chum of the area and thus gain a nice reward. So you goto the town, and ask around for John(someone specific: John got into some trouble with so&so, and needs some help bad. You can find him by going to such&such.)Once you reach him, he tells you of his dilemma and that he 'found out' that the eccentric telvanni mouth has need of a certain staff, a dreugh staff for testing, to be exact. John says that if you can find a dreugh staff and give it to him, he'll pay you a handsome reward(such as a couple hundred gold, some potions, or a magical weapon.) and recommend your name to the Telvanni Mouth.

---

There's a rough outline for a quest in Port Telvannis. I'm willing to enhance it a lot, seeing as how it's pretty basic. The idea here is basically: John got into trouble with Bob, and you, Mac, are the only person influential enough to help Bob forget about John's misdeeds. Another person would do it, but no one has time, so Mac has to do it, and thus Mac gets a nifty reward.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I like it. Not every quest needs to be complicated. We need simple ones too.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Outline by: haplo12345

Characters Involved:
Telvanni Mouth(appears vaguely)
Player
Two Telvanni Alchemists(David and Goliath)

Rough Outline -

(This idea is about an alchemy contest in Port Telvannis, I got the idea from the clothiers contest posted in the form of a quest, David and Goliath are just placeholders for the names of the two Telvanni alchemists.)

Player enters Port Telvannis and talks to certain person about latest rumors, and is answered by this:

I hear there is a contest going on between two Telvanni alchemists to win favor and a large sum of money for their scientific exploration from a Telvanni Mouth. I think they were over in the -insert area here- area.

--

Then a new topic is added (contest). Whenever the player talks about contest to someone, (s)he is directed to the area where the contest is taking place. When the player goes to the contest area and brings up the contest topic with one of the two contestants (David or Goliath), the player learns all about the contest, and is offered a reward by each of the contestants if the player helps them win.

The player can decide to help either one of the contestants, or to help neither and be attacked by the Telvanni contestant who was talking to him currently(in which the player is expelled from House Telvanni if the player kills the Telvanni member).

When the player chooses which of the members to help, and agrees to help them, the player is sent on a mission to find certain alchemical ingredients, about 10 for the person he is helping, so that the contestant (goliath)can go find some ingredients to sabotage the other player's (david) potions.

When player finds the ingredients (no set time limit.) and returns them to the contestant, he is told to return to the contest building in 24 hours.

If the player's sneak skill is greater than 10, then he enters the building and talks to the contestant he helped. The contestant then thanks him profusely, and gives him a reward of a master's alembic, 2 exclusive invisibility potions, and 500 gold.

However, if the player's sneak skill is less than 10, then when the player enters the contest building after 24 hours, he is confronted by the Telvanni Mouth and is expelled from Great House Telvanni after being told he was caught assisting a contestant illegally. Player will also be sentenced to a 500 gold fine.

--

Author's Note: If player tries to talk to the contestant he is not helping, the contestant will just say that he is too busy to chat. The player is then forced to exit dialogue. After the quest is over, the contestant that lost disappears from the game, and the one who won just thanks you again whenever you talk to him.

Author's Note: If player enters the contest building before 24 hours are up, the contestant being helped will say:

Come back in a while, the winner won't be announced for a while. The judges still need more time.
--
And the contestant not being helped will say he is busy and needs to be left alone. The player is then forced to exit dialogue.

----

There's a bit more complicated quest for you. I apologize for the length, but it seems pretty fleshed out now. Im wondering if stumpy or someone else could tell me if this were possible in scripting...
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Time for veet to come see this thread so he can approve or disapprove the ideas.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

veets been following it, I think he was waiting on me for writing out the main, generalized Telvani plot

Quest Line
basically, we start of with the regular kind of house quests... gradually becoming tenser... like maybe you start doing some more covert things against imperials and mages guild (tied into the imperial quest idea about the infiltrator)

at some point, you are told about the rising tensions outright by the quest giving mouth he says, he needs the old House leaders to return for the coming times. So basically, there are 5 old onesyou track them down and have to convince them(or help them) return through their own line of quests (some shorter than others).

now, you dont have to get all of them, if you get only 1, it will have a detrimental effect on the telvani campaign itself. If you get 3, something better will happen. If you get 5, it will go smoothly.

(the campaign itself will be through the actual campaign quest line, not the house quest line)

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Ok then. Here's where I'll update the latest work on the Telvanni Main Quest for Map 1:

Quest Maker(s): haplo12345

Quest Idea:
As stated above by majra.

Quest Outline:

Part 1:
Player arrives in Port Telvannis, hears latest rumors (- I hear that one of the Mouths here in Port Telvannis is looking for you. -)

Player initiates dialogue with the Mouth and the first sentence is:

I have a quest for you. House Telvanni is in dire straits. We are preparing for some...certain...events that must take place within a short amount of time, and our resources are scattered wide. The Telvanni need you to go and spread the message to the current councilors of our esteemed and powerful House and bid them make haste towards Port Telvannis. The rewards for you are great if you do this. Here is a list of the current Telvanni Councilors and where you may find them. Now go.

Brown Book of 3E 327 is added to your inventory.

List of Councilor Dwellings is added to your inventory.

Part 2:
Player receives items from Telvanni Mouth and commences search for the 5 Telvanni Councilors:

Archmagister Rilvin Dral , who is already in Port Telvannis
Master Mithras , whom resides in Ranyon-Ruhn.
Mistress Rathra , whom resides in Tel Ouada.
Mistress Faruna , Whom resides in Tel Oren.
Master Vaerin , whom resides in Alt Bosara.
Mistress Eldale , whom resides in Gah Sadrith

Councillor Ratio:
Player Brings:
5 Councillors - Perfect
4 Councillors - Perfect
3 Councillors - Great, Chances and Influence reduced a little
2 Councillors - 50% chance of success, Regard for player reduced a lot
1 Councilor - No chance of success, Player is expelled from House Telvanni.

--
When player finishes convincing or not convincing councilors, he speaks to the Telvanni Mouth and tells the Mouth how many of the Councillors he was able to bring.

The Mouth then expresses his gratitude for helping in this grievous time, and that if possible; he would seek your help again on behalf of the Archmagister.

Player is then forced to agree or be expelled.
When player agrees, the Mouth tells the player that near Firewatch there was a boat wreck involving a Telvanni Hireling and some smuggled goods. It is your job to get to the scene as soon as possible and discover what you can, and to recover the body's identity, take care of the corpse, and bring back and goods that you can salvage.

You are told that if you meet any opposition, you must kill whoever sees you. It is expected that the Imperial Legion will have a patrol in the area, so you need to be cautious.

The smuggled contents are kept a secret lest you spill the information to anyone not of high ranking in House Telvanni.

Part 3:
Player then finds the wreck, takes care of the body, identifies it, and brings back about 4 Raw Ebony, and half that number of Dwemer Items.

Player initiates dialogue with Quest-Giving Mouth, who takes the stuff from him, and rewards him by saying:

Thank you for your assistance, %PCName. I will grant you a small reward for your troubles. Now I have another task for you. Mistress Eldale, one of our esteemed councilors, is finalizing a spell that will summon a most-powerful daedra into our midst. This will be a very important milestone in Telvanni history.

However, she misses a certain ingredient that she needs for the alchemical part of the spell.
The component is raw glass. The mistress does not deeply care where you get this glass, but she stresses that 2 pieces are needed or otherwise the spell will fizzle and be useless to us.

4 Raw Ebony is removed from your inventory

2 misc. Dwemer items removed from your inventory

500 Gold added to your inventory.

--

You leave to find the two pieces of raw glass, return, and initiate dialogue with the Telvanni Mouth. The Mouth says:

Thank you for all that you have done, House Telvanni is grateful. Here, take this as payment. Now, if you'd be so kind, I have some pressing matters to attend to, and would like you to take care of certain...problem we have. There's a Legion knight that has been assigned to patrol an area that includes one of our storage caves. He has happened upon the entrance and needs eliminating.

The knight goes by the name of Pontius. Our sources say he has somewhat of trepidation of summoned daedra, so you may want to try that option or something to that effect. I think I recall that there are two hired thugs in the area that may help...of course you should not need assistance.

2 Raw Glass is removed from your inventory.

1000 Gold added to your inventory.

Part 4:
Player returns to Mouth after killing Pontius and initiates dialogue. Telvanni Mouth says:

Neat work, %PCName, I can tell that you are a valuable asset to House Telvanni. A rival of ours, the Imperial Legion, is based in Firewatch here in the northeastern part of Morrowind. We've had some recent feuds with them, and I want you to scare them by assassinating one the imperial guards there. It doesn't matter who, so long as you get the job done quietly and neatly.

This is requested of you so that the Legion remembers it is not invincible, and is still susceptible to petty crimes such as these. But be warned; do NOT kill any of the ranking knights, as you may by accident assassinate one of our spies or one of our figureheads.

--

Part 5:

Player returns from this last quest and initiates dialogue with Telvanni Mouth. By this time, player should be two ranks below Mouth, and the questgiver has a newfound respect for him/her.

Telvanni Mouth informs Player that Mistress Eldale is finalizing her spell to summon the daedra, but she needs one last spell component. She needs an empty common soul gem, and 2 diamonds.
Once she has these in her possession, she will summon the daedra and all of Morrowind shall be witness to the greatness of the Telvanni!

--

Player finds the common soul gem and 2 diamonds, returns to the Mouth. Mouth takes them, and gives the player 1000 gold. Telvanni Mouth says:

Many thanks, %PCName; you have proven yourself indispensable throughout these past few weeks. We would invite you to witness the summoning of the daedra, but...it seems that we must eliminate another Imperial Guard. The Legion has seen fit to send scouting parts from Firewatch to search the areas far away from their base. Some of the patrols have come a little too close to more than a few of our hideouts, and we need to show them that the Telvanni are not to be meddled with.

2 Diamonds are removed from your inventory.

Common Soul Gem is removed from your inventory.

1000 Gold added to your inventory.

Part 6:
Player assassinates 2nd Guard, starts to return to Telvanni Mouth, but along the way, he is stopped outside of the Firewatch by two Imperial bandits hoping for an easy kill.
Hopefully, they are mistaken, and one of them is carrying orders from an unidentified person, who is believed to be Imperial and a Legion sympathizer, because he thinks that the Player is causing too much of a disturbance and must be eliminated.

Player reports to Telvanni Mouth, who takes note for studying. He then mumbles something about a meddlesome Legion Officer who is harbored somewhere in safety off-shore. He thanks you and gives you 2 pieces of raw ebony.

Mysterious Note removed from your inventory.

2 Raw Ebony added to your inventory.

--
Mouth then says that Mistress Eldale, in all her glory and power, was successful in summoning the daedra, but was weakened far beyond expectations.

He askes you if you could simply travel to a local tavern or two and 'obtain' 3 bottles of Mazte to aid her recovery. The Mouth then hands you some gold to take care of the matter.

50 Gold added to your inventory.
--
Player returns with 3 bottles of Mazte, and initiates dialogue with the Mouth. The Mouth then takes Mazte and says that the Player can keep the remaining gold. The Mouth's next orders are:

I am doing a study on some alchemical ingredients, and I need some Shalk Resin and some Sload Soap. This should be enough gold to get what you need. Return to me these items with haste, as I do not have all eternity to wait.

3 bottles of Mazte are removed from your inventory.

300 Gold added to your inventory.

---
The End.
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

sounding great so far... keep it up.
-- Winston Churchill
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yes very nice indeed. I say just keep editting that post with more ideas hap, your comin up with some good ones

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

A number of those ideas are quests that were developed for the Imperial Legion by Dexter and I. Haplo is integrating those with the Telvanni quest line by showing the reverse side.

I disagree with the smuggling goods being 150 ebony arrows. In our quest it was to be a few peices of raw ebony, amongst other misc. dwemer items from the ruins in northeast Vvardenfel. (The ebondy obviously doesn't come from these ruins though).
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes credit goes to Morden and Dexter for a large part of the main quest, as I'm just showing the Telvanni side of it, and enhancing a few things.

Thanks for the correction, I've fixed it now, and added part 4.

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

If you join house telvanni and complete these quests... then are expelled... and try to joine the Legion, will you be denied entrance in that faction? Or will the smuggling quest line just not activate?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You can complete these quests and still join the the legion even if you are still in house Telvanni. Just have some kind of dialogue that says you can join if you renounce house telvanni, and you say yes, but you still stay in house telvanni and just say you arent.

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

But what if you dispose of the smuggled loot and the body for house telvanni, then you are required to find it for the Legion?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

you aren't allowed to dispose of the body. Like Processus.

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Or like the naked Hlaalo dunmer thats laying on the floor of my house in Balmora :P I can't get rid of him :P
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Stumpytheguar wrote:Here's an idea I had... I already shared it with Yinnie, but to make it fit our 'Mages guild vs. Telvanni' scheme, I'll make it fit. Anyway..

Who's involved...

Some telvanni master of Alteration
Inconsequential (And possibly incompetent) member of mages guild

Quest idea...

The new member of the mages guild, in an attempt to prove his worth, has stolen the a book full of powerful alteration spells from the telvanni master and hidden somewhere with it. The player can get this quest from the mages guild or the telvanni mage depending on which faction he is in...

Mages guild...

Afraid of being found, the theif is not in the guildhall, but somewhere in town. When the player finds him, he is in a house that is sideways (Take the interior mesh, flip it on it's side, and make all the interior meshes look like they've fallen over).
As the player arrives and talks to the guildmember, the telvanni master enters as well. The player must defend the mages guild member from the angered telvanni and return the book to the quest giver (Even if the mage dies the book is more important). Maybe some gold, a rank, or potions of some sort as a reward.

Telvanni guild...

The telvanni master is quite pissed and instructs you to find the theif, tipping you that he thinks he's a member of the mages guild and that if anything in the spellbook has been cast, people would know (Latest rumors in this town will now yeild a special response directing the player to the theif). Upon entering the house, the telvanni mage teleports in behind the player and takes matters into his own hands (Same sideways house). In punishment, he doesn't kill the mage but instead casts a spell that shrinks him to .1 scale, then rewards the player with a point of alteration training book, maybe a rank or a new spell. After this quest, the theif/mage will appear in the telvanni's tower... in a bucket.

this one?

also, please feel free to comment on the MQ, cause as much fun as it is being in complete control of it(almost), I'd not mind some fresh ideas, as I'm currently running out of ideas to use after part 6&7.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

*bump* I fixed the mainquest a little bit. And added a tad bit more to it. Could use some help though guys.

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

haplo, I just read through the quest line, and you misunderstood the telvani quest line

the quest idea I gave wasnt meant to be one specific quest, to simply find members and tell them to come to PT, that is really boring.

that quest is to be the very last quest in the telvani quest line before being made mouth, and just before the actual imperial vs telvani quests begin (there is tension rising to it, but no killings yet)

the player is to get the book of ex contributing members of telvani which they need back because of the rising tension, and goes to find each, some much more secluded than you have put them. When you find each, you will be given a whole new series of quests from each 1 old member, when you complete whatever they need you to do, then they will come to PT to discuss the tensions.

you do this for each one, then there will be a council which you too will be invited to, and very important secret shit will go down in that council meeting.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

huh? Wait so is the quest I have going still good? I'd hate to have done all that work for nothing...I'm confused...

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

ok worked out a few things more

I attatched the questline, it has nifty links between the documents. hehe sorry, got bored
Attachments
Storyline.rar
(17.25 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Sorry to post here (not quite sure this is the place) but what about Guildmaster Quests which will be oriented around quests that need to be done after the MQ for each house.....im not sure if thats what you are doing but if you aren't doing that me and Nehron had come up with a general Guildmaster Plotline as well which would incorporate taking care of the guild as well as solving some extraneous "problems" to the guild (ie. Imperials, Mages Guild, etc.)

Tell me if you can use it ...ill try to find the specific post

Thanks and Peace

BM
Bringing back the old school
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

please PM me the a word document of your outline and I'll see what it looks like. However it's not my place to say if it's good enough or not, I can help you with editing, revising, etc. etc. to make it more feasible and easier to work with.

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

yes, or post it here, sorry I havent been around enough lately to help with this, RL stuff came up this past month or so, but everything is great now, and Im as devoted as ever

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm going over your work now Majra, good job 8-). I'm working on the Arihnam Solsha #5, since you have no ideas so far. I've got it working towards a location of maybe his friend's house in some part of the city.

Here's the updated version, including my MQ outline:

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is it good now, Majra/Veet? (The AS#5 quest, and the expanded other AS ones) If not...help me! I'm doing this all by myself!

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I've been working on a fairly big-ish quest on the Mages Guild quest discussion topic, that links with the telvanni, could do with some input to make it better.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

haplo, I looked at it a couple times the last couple weeks, no issues that I found, Graff, I will take a look at the mages quest line when I got time this week (finals week)

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Heres an update, fixed up the infinite line quest, not sure whatelse I added, but added somethings I believe to some of the old member quest lines
Attachments
Storyline.rar
(27.17 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here's a quest idea I'd like to promote. It was made by stumpy, before he left:

Quest Maker: Stumpytheguar

NPCs Involved:

- Telvanni Alteration Master
- Unimportant, unskilled mage(from the guild)

Quest Outline:

The new member of the mages guild, in an attempt to prove his worth, has stolen the a book full of powerful alteration spells from the telvanni master and hidden somewhere with it. The player can get this quest from the mages guild or the Telvanni mage depending on which faction he is in...

Mages guild...

Afraid of being found, the theif is not in the guildhall, but somewhere in town. When the player finds him, he is in a house that is sideways (Take the interior mesh, flip it on it's side, and make all the interior meshes look like they've fallen over).
As the player arrives and talks to the guild member, the telvanni master enters as well. The player must defend the mages guild member from the angered telvanni and return the book to the quest giver (Even if the mage dies the book is more important). Maybe some gold, a rank, or potions of some sort as a reward.

Telvanni guild...

The Telvanni master is quite pissed and instructs you to find the theif, tipping you that he thinks he's a member of the mages guild and that if anything in the spellbook has been cast, people would know (Latest rumors in this town will now yeild a special response directing the player to the thief). Upon entering the house, the Telvanni mage teleports in behind the player and takes matters into his own hands (Same sideways house). In punishment, he doesn't kill the mage but instead casts a spell that shrinks him to .1 scale(obviously a new miniscule mesh would be needed here, as you cannot go below .5), then rewards the player with a point of alteration training book, maybe a rank or a new spell. After this quest, the thief/mage will appear in the Telvanni wizard's tower... in a bucket.

---
I think it has some potential, and I'd like to see it evolve. If someone would play patron to this quest and work on it in their spare time, I'd appreciate it(Graff, maybe?)[/b]