it's been about 2 years since the project began...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

it's been about 2 years since the project began...

Post by Anonymous »

and two years is a long time to be working on one province. TR seemed to go through a few dead stages, but always ressurected itself with new membership and stuff. Does anyone beleive the morrowind province will be complete in the next year? and i know this has been stated, but once the new and beefy editor comes out, will TR continue in TESIV? or will TR simply die along with morrowind?(Something I don't want to see) I know some may interpret this the wrong way, stating that the modders here are modding because they like it, not because they want to play the game. I think, though, that the TESIV CS will be alot more fun to use, and will likly be alot more flexible. A project on such a large scale would benefit greatly from the random city generators etc.
Enlil

Post by Enlil »

The keepers of the faith will always be around. Like me. I love this project albeit I am dissappointed with the way the writing forum is being handled right now. I will be around to help whenever I can be. When they fix the writers forum I'll begin that again too. No this project will not die.
Finished Books and Poems
Wanderlust
Travel By My Side
At River's End Vol I
Oath of the Wretch
Emvae's Contract
Ariitha Biethu's Journal

Rewritten Works of Others
Dust to Mounatins
Awaken
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

two years is a long time to be working on one province.
Not really considering the nature of this open project. We've done a lot, considering:

A) We have lives
B) Most of us knew nothing when we joined
C) We are not professionals
D) This is a community and we don't spend all of our time modding.. we chat and stuff.. do concept art, ect.
Sile

Post by Sile »

Morden is right.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that's fine, but does anyone think morrowind province will be around in the next year?

EDIT: I know there's been stuff on the stance on tesIV pasted around the place, but it's not very straight on. plus i had alot of questions so i thought i'd combine them into one post.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Ok.

TR will release Morrowind when we're done with it. If you want to give us a hand in realising this faster, then you're most welcome.

Like Morden said, we have lives, we aren't professionals. And for a community mod, TR is very long-livied. It has outlived any other big project - MEmod, which more than once boasted to be complete when TR wopuld die off, is now dead itself.

When MW comes out will depend on how fast our members work. If all were like attackdrone, I'd say, by christmas. Sadly, most of us cannot manage to be as dedicated as he is. Also, there is administering to do, and a lot of stuff common members don't ever get to see (you would be surprised how much management moderating the interiors takes. I sure was when I first took up work :?), so the core dcannot be the engine to push the mod faster as much as I'd love it to be.

I'll say it again: when TR comes out will be determined by how fast members owrk. Help us, and it'll come out sooner. It's really that simple. :)
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

I though TR was older than 2 years? Bah eitherway, TR has made a HUGE mod, and If we get Morrowind Done even halfway through next year, Then TR will reach like a highpoint perhaps, and move faster from there.
(Day-kin)
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Morden wrote:
two years is a long time to be working on one province.
Not really considering the nature of this open project. We've done a lot, considering:

A) We have lives
B) Most of us knew nothing when we joined
C) We are not professionals
D) This is a community and we don't spend all of our time modding.. we chat and stuff.. do concept art, ect.
And considering that creating a province the size of Morrowind is an enormous effort. It might seem like a few exteriors, interiors and NPCs but all combined it's just gigantic. Especially for the core who has to keep track of everything and lead it all in the right direction. If the province of Morrowind is completed somewhere next year, it'll be a grand achievement for every single modder that has helped in making this project what it is.

Compare it to the size of Vvardenfell. We're making an area far larger than Bethesda made, while we are a non-profit hobby project.

Considering all these facts, 2 years is nothing. It'll probably take 3 years to complete Morrowind at least, but it will be completed, and when it is, it will be one of the largest mods around. But by then we only got started, for Skyrim and beyond are waiting for us.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

whoa... Dakkan... nice of you to drop in :)
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Finally got my comp up, so glad to be back!
(Day-kin)
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Yes, one has to concider the scale. The rest of Morrowind alone is about 4x the size of Vvardenfell :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:D well i'll finish my current mods (like assassins armory, magicka effect replacement and stuff) and then i'll get to work on this. I'm a stickler for lore, so i find this good. when i was working with mortis on necromancia the walk off from lore just annoyed me. i mean, you cant have pone part of the game saying one thing and another part saying anothe can you