thread02

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

The_Writing_Wraith

Post by The_Writing_Wraith »

Run them through photoshop or a photo editor instead. Adjust brightness/contrast until the lines are more visible.
In the 550's Byzantine Generals Narses and Liberius were winning battles into their 80's. Retirement programs, though no longer including raping and pillaging, have clearly improved since.
Laxas

Post by Laxas »

just an idea but why not make a new moddel that looks like a creature. It would be more realistic if a creature would do the hard work. Its just an idea...
Laxas the Wizard, protector of Morrowind
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

The Hunter Armour and the Dremora Count are sweet, I also love the mammoth, fox and frog thingy.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Well, I made some concepts of three new glass weapons. Hope it's something that can be used. One is the original concept and the second is the concept with some info.
Attachments
concept glass weapons with text.JPG
(30.65 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
concept glass weapons.JPG
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Post by Zephyr »

Assassinace exclaimed many a day ago:

I'm not sure the breasts are ok. I think it's been decided we'll censor nudity although I'm not certain.
There is no such rule in TR.

edit:

I'm going to do something a lot of you guys seem to have requested in this thread: a concept art gallery for the main page. I don't understand why some of you have chosen to request it here, though - perhaps pm's to [url=http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=644]certain[/url] [url=http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=322]people[/url] might've gotten things in motion. I only read this thread the first time since forever today so I possibly couldn't have noticed your request. Anyway, all of you have done some great work and I've picked a bunch of best stuff for the site already, It'll be there soon enough.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

@Kasan Moor
They look like ebony ones which are already ingame. IMO though.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Well, I made them up while I was at school, and maybe they look a bit like ebony. But I'm sure that when they're modeled and textured, they would look really different.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

Vorrheis and I have been discussing the new Oblivion engine, and what we're going to do in the case that the TR team decides to switch to the Oblivion CS. Making creatures will be a lot more difficult (especially at first, while we learn the tools,) and more time consuming, because a high-detail mesh will be required, as well as a low-detail in-game mesh.

When that time comes, I was wondering if the artists could convert to a new style of concept art, and draw a front and side view of every creature. (A top view would also be very helpful, but not necessarily required.) We briefly touched on it in the Creature Creation thread, but it never really went anywhere.

Here's the template of the new format I'm talking about:
[url]http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/download.php?id=2779[/url]

Here's an example of it being used:
[url]http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/download.php?id=2783[/url]

And for humanoid creatures like the Ogre above, or anything like it, it might help if the sketches were posed slightly spread-eagle, like the werebear I built. This will make the high-poly detailing of meshes a lot easier for Vorrheis, myself and whoever else becomes involved. Thanks!
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

Also, I was thinking about the Newt for the Newt Scale Armour, and the look of the armour in game reminded me of this bugger, the Armadillo Lizard.

[img:315:218]http://www.dcpaleo.org/Leisure/Animals/ArmadilloLizard2.jpg[/img:315:218]

On a much bigger scale, this thing could be hell to fight. I notice also that one of the older Morrowind concepts mentions a "River Newt Scale" as well as the normal Newt Scale, so there must be a lot of big amphibians terrorizing Tamriel.
Peter_UK
Developer

Random Armour - please check out! :D

Post by Peter_UK »

Heres some armour i designed while i was bored doing homework, i took a long time doing it so please, could an admin look too. Thanks
Last edited by Peter_UK on Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I like it. I think it would work well in Cyrodiil, as palace guard armor or something along those lines. It could even work as a basis for the Praetorian armor, it will need a lot of detail added though. I always liked that style of helmet, and was pretty bummed when the closest thing to it in Morrowind was the Nordic mail helm.
And to make it easier on us, next time crop your images, you have a lot of gray empty space.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Peter_UK
Developer

Details and other armours...

Post by Peter_UK »

Ok ill add more detailing but it might take a while ill have to photo copy enlarge it at school first and is there much more room for armour designs? I enjoyed dreaming this up n i fancy exploring lighter armours. Oh yea sorry ill crop anymore i do.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

There is plenty of room for armor designs. We need about a dozen new suits for Skyrim alone. Then we will need the new suits for Black Marsh, Cyrodiil, Hammerfell, High Rock, Elsweyr...
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Peter_UK
Developer

Medium Variant

Post by Peter_UK »

OK heres a Medium varient i designed around the heavy armour i did, its not finished because i ned imput on what you guys think might need editing like should i have a new helm for example? which i just used directly from my other image, and dou you think it looks the part for a medium armour or does it still look too heavy to be medium??
Attachments
MED ARMOUR2.jpg
(151.08 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Peter_UK
Developer

Post by Peter_UK »

Well ive photo copy-enlarged the 2 images above and begun to add detail and im working on a light armour concept to fit a theif or rogue character :D and a building too, so many projects...

oh yea possible new faces...
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Peter_UK
Developer

Guar Rider Boots??

Post by Peter_UK »

Pack guars so what about travel guars and travel quar riders need guar boots!! take a look at what i mean :D
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Bonemold spear. It's just modified with PS bonemold arrow.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Peter_UK
Developer

Face

Post by Peter_UK »

Ive been doing concpt images of cyrodilic or breton new faces this isnt complete yet (its just 1 of my many ongoing concept projects...) see what you think...
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Cool. :) I really like the boots and the spear.
Zeanuthius

ARMOR CONCEPT!

Post by Zeanuthius »

I believe this is the spot for finished concept art? Well anyhow, sorry for the extreme long delay, I'm kind of extremely busy you see. =) Projects left and right and a lot of comissions to do.

Yeah, sorry for the crappy background and quick coloring... -_-
Attachments
medium_armor_concept1.jpg
The armor.
(117.34 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Shahbth ih Awerk. Stuh Ndah bthahhrk. Awerd sheh ahhmmzrteh.*

(*Dude, where's my AXE!?)
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

i like it, it looks like daedric or is it orcish? if it's daedric it is heavy armor, not medium.
Zeanuthius

hmm

Post by Zeanuthius »

A certain somebody told me that "it doesn't look Daedric" but I dunno really. Personally I think it looks like Orcish.
Shahbth ih Awerk. Stuh Ndah bthahhrk. Awerd sheh ahhmmzrteh.*

(*Dude, where's my AXE!?)
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

It looks excellent. i recommend it for the gallery. And it does look like it would make a good orcish armor.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I like the armoru alot, except the helmet. I think it would be good for an altmer armour, perhaps Mithril.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

the shaft of the bonemold spear needs to be a bit straighter and also much thicker. The point needs to be elongated as well.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined