[Approved] Clothier Competition

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Uldar

[Approved] Clothier Competition

Post by Uldar »

Claimer: Uldar Gerzae

Title: Port Telvannis Clothiers Competition

Type: Miscellaneous

City/Region:Port Telvannis and the Telvanni Isles Region

Synopsis: Mouth Fervas Shulisa, in preperation for attending the presentation of Mistress Eldale's new daedric summoning spell, has ordered a new robe. Two local clothiers are competing for this job, Calbin Rgis the Port Telvannis Clothier, and Dro'Khatsir, a Khajiit commoner who has been petitioning for some time to be allowed to open a shop of his own.

The Quest: By talking with various Port Telvannis NPCs the Player learns through the 'Latest Rumors' topic about the competition. In talking with Dro'Khatsir the Player is asked to help him by 'borrowing' Calbin's robe (requires the Player to steal and return the robe in one night). Upon inspection of the robe it is determined that Calbin has put an enchantment on it. Dro'Khatsir asks the Player to help him enchant his robe. He gives the Player his robe and money for the purchase of a soul gem and sends the Player to the local enchanter, Cerul Arnem, a friend of Dro'Khatsir's, who just happens to owe him a favor.

Cerul Arnem agrees to help Dro'Khatsir, but for the enchantment he requires a specific soul. Cerul asks the Player to go to Khifzah Ancestral Tomb where the spirit of a powerful mage now guards his remains. Upon returning with the captured soul, Cerul enchants Dro'Khatsir's robe and gives it to the Player to return to Dro'Khatsir. Dro'Khatsir thanks the Player vehemently, pledging a debt in gratitiude and pays the Player 500 drakes for helping him.

When the two Clothiers present their robes to Mouth Shulisa, to everyones astonishment she chooses Dro'Khatsir's robe. She is so impressed with his robe he is also granted permission to open his shop. Dro'Khatsir, ecstatic about his good fortune, hires a messenger to deliver an invitation to the Player.

When the Player arrives Dro'Khatsir is now Port Telvannis' best Clothier, and to repay his debt of gratitude he gives the Player the sum of the earnings from the competition (10000 drakes).

Alternate Endings

- If the Player does not find Dro'Khatsir before the deadline of the competition (10 days starting with the first time the competition topic comes up in a rumor dialog) or the Player refuses to 'borrow' Calbin Rgis' robe, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition.

- If the Player is caught stealing Calbin's robe or fails to return it on time, Dro'Khatsir is labeled a cheat and a thief, and is banished from Port Telvannis. At a later point the Player will come upon Dro'Khatsir wandering along a road , and be attacked by him.

- If the Player agrees to help Dro'Khatsir enchant his robe, but then abandons the quest (stealing the robe and soul gem money), Dro'Khatsir looses the competition, is publicly shamed and subsequently hires an assassin/mercenary to kill the Player.

- If the Player refuses to retrieve the soul from Khifzah Ancestral Tomb, Cerul Arnem is forced to use a lesser soul, the enchantment is less effective and Dro'Khatsir looses the competiton. The Player is paid 200 drakes by Dro'Khatsir, but both Cerul Arnem's and Dro'Khatsir's opinions of the Player are reduced.

- If the Player fails to return with the captuerd soul or enchanted robe on time, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition and is publicly shamed. Both Cerul Arnem's and Dro'Khatsir's opinions of the Player are reduced and the Player recieves no payment.

- If the Player does not return the enchanted robe to Dro'Khatsir, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition, is publicly shamed and with the help of Cerul Arnem has a contract put out on the Player (Player is attacked several times before the contract is up).

Requirements/Effects:

NPCs

- Various Port Telvannis NPCs

- Mouth Fervas Shulisa

- Dro'Khatsir

- Cerul Arnem

- Calbin Rgis

- Four assassin/mercenary NPCs

Cells

- Port Telvannis

- Port Telvannis, Calbin Rgis: Clothier

- Port Telvannis, Dro'Khatsir's House

- Port Telvannis, Cerul Arnem: Enchanter

- Telvanni Isles Region, Khifzah Ancestral Tomb

- Telvanni Isles Region, an undecided cell where the Player meets the Banished Dro'Khatsir on the road and is attacked by him.

Items

- One exquisite enchanted robe

- One expensive robe

- One expensive enchanted robe

- One grand soul gem

Dialog

- 'Latest Rumors' topics including prequest completion dialog, quest failure dialog, and quest success dialog

- A 'competition' topic added to Mouth Fervas Shulisa

- A 'competition' topic added to Calbin Rgis

- A 'competition' topic add to Dro'Khatsir (which initiates quest dialog)

- All quest related dialog between the Player, Dro'Khatsir, and Cerul Arnem

Creatures/Monsters

- One leveled Ancestral Ghost

Scripts

- Main quest script

- Messenger script

- Assassins script(s)

- A scritp to change Dro'Khatsir's House into Dro'Khatsir: Clothier (and possibly change Dro'Khatsir's class to Clothier)

That should just about cover it. I would've prefered to have had a Daedric Ruin to go to for capturing the soul, but I searched all over the area and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to add that for this quest too?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

now THIS is a fresh idea! I LIKE it! I approve of this idea in a heartbeat :-D Good job man! I really like the thought of this, I think it really opens up gameplay for the PC.
Last edited by Haplo on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stumpytheguar

Re: Quest Claim:Port Telvannis Clothier Competition

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Thanks Haplo, for your vote and compliments

Stumpy, I guess I haven't dealt with figuring out what soul is in a soul gem, so I'll need to go look at the script you suggested, but I was thinking that the value of the captured soul would need to be fairly high (for a constant effect) which already puts a limit on the type of soul the player would need to capture.

It was my intention to use two interiors and if Dro'Khatsir's class wasn't a Clothier make a duplicate NPC for him as well and just swap the load door and NPC with the script. I am glad you agree that that would be the best method of doing that.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not approving the claim,I'm giving my approval for the idea. As in im impressed.

I wouldn't mind if you stopped rejecting everything I say. This is the 3rd time. No offense, but it's kind of annoying...

also, I think 10000 drakes is a bit too much of a reward for this. I say take it down to 500 septims to be safe. Especially since laying out 100 gold in an interior is seen as adding to the stacked-ness of the interior.
Last edited by Haplo on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

this is a bit uber.

10000, no, 5000 no..... more like 500 and maybe some nice clothes(normal, not enchanted)

and the other reward the 200, should be more like 50

On another note, arent there already 3 clothiers in Port Telvannis?

also, 4 assassins, a bit much, assassins are expensive, more like 1.... maybe 2 if they are not that great.

@Haplo, he was making sure there was no confusion about the fact that this was not granted. What you said was a bit confusing to someone new.

@Stumpy, play nicely, you were borderline rude

@myself, I shouldnt be babysitting veteran members
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Okay, maybe 10000 is a bit steep. My thinking was the cost of a constant effect enchantment on a robe would place its value pretty high, and as the reward for helping Dro'Khatsir is the money he got for the robe...

The value of the robe was also a factor in the number of assassins I selected. One of the assassins is hired when the player takes off with the un-enchanted robe and the money for the purchase of a soul gem. the total value involved here is only a couple hundred septims, plus Dro'Khatsir's damaged pride/reputation, so this is to be a low level (inept) assassin. (I had written that in the post at one point but must have edited it out, sorry).

The three remaining assassins are hired by Dro'Khatsir and Cerul Arnem after the player takes off with the enchanted (full value) robe. They are to be of increasing difficulty because as each one fails a tougher one is sent to finish the job.

The value of the robe is going to be determined by the enchantment involved, which can't be decided until I have an idea what event Mouth Shulisa wants the robe for. I would like to have it be for the demonstration of Mistress Eldale's Herne summoning spell, but I have not had any confirmation on whether that will be happening or not. If so, I am thinking it should have some form of protective enchantments. If not, it'll probably be some social function and then the enchantment will probably be personality enhancers.

Are there three clothiers in Port Telvannis? It is quite possible that I missed one. While that does complicate things a bit, it might make it easier to explain how the competition starts. I was originally thinking Dro'Khatsir would have come to Mouth Shulisa proposing to make her a new robe (trying to get on her graces and win some support for his shop) only to have her open it up to a competition with Calbin Rgis out of spite (with her having no faith in Dro'Khatsir being able to provide a better robe). With two local clothiers I could possibly continue with this idea and just include the other clothier, or I could have her make it a public competition between the two clothiers and Dro'Khatsir's entry was not even a consideration.

The only changes I would have to the quest would be: Instead of 'borrowing' one robe, the player would have to get both (in one night?) I would probably have the other clothier's an exquisite un-enchanted robe, but as the Telvanni are into their enchantments I suppose it could be enchanted.

And in the event of quest failure; I would still have the winner of the competition be Calbin if for no other reason than I've already written it that way.

Could you please confirm this third clothier? I will need the name and shop location if I am to write/script this quest.

Also, though I am a new member I was not under the impression that Haplo was granting me this claim as for one he is a TR Member not a Moderator or Administrator, and I am also aware of the fact that a granted proposal will have the word Granted appended to the title, so please don't give him too hard a time about his response.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

ok the quest makes a little more sense, lets see what Veet thinks

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

With the reward toned down this looks like a great quest idea. I just have one little lore issue which should be easily avoided. I'm fairly certain (but not totaly so) that it is forbiden to capture the soal of a person. I beleive it was just a way of explaining away the fact that you can't soal capture NPCs but could we check with a lore master on this and perhaps amend the tye of soal needed?
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Would capturing the spirit of a dead Telvanni Wizard really be against lore? Aren't all the Ancestor Ghosts (and other undead tomb denizens) Dunmer ancestors, and therefore the souls of people?

While I agree, there is a definite need for the approval of a Loremaster for this quest, I think it would involve who the spirit belongs to.

Also, there is still the issue of what event Mouth Shulisa is going to attend. As I have stated, I would like to have it be the demonstration of Mistress Eldale's new Herne smmouning spell. I don't know if this falls under the jurisdiction of lore but it does require a decision made by someone other than me, because I am not sure if that event is officially going to occur, or if it is just something alluded to by the Brown Book.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There is a mod that was release around...2-4 months ago that allows NPCs to be Soul-trapped. I posted a link here on the forums for it when it came out.

But I don't know if it was approved by the core as a bolt-on or at all...

Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Okay just had a discusion on the subject with Nazz. ...

Arkays Law prevents the soal traping of a person but it is unclear as to weather or not the law applies to spirits once they return and are considered undead. I cannot find a book or any mention at the Imperial Library but I think it would be safe to use an undead spirit.....however many dunmer would go absolutely nuts to find out that one of their ancestors was traped to make an enchanted robe.

[edit]

found a mention of it. http://til.gamingsource.co.uk/mwbooks/arkay_enemy.shtml

[/edit]
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

This leaves me with one question then: What race is Cerul Arnem? The name sounds to me like he might be Breton, but it is my understanding that the population spread in TR's Morrowind will lean more heavily towards Dunmer. If he is a non-Dunmer, then there should be no issues with him requesting the capture of the soul, it just needs to be done discretely.
But if he is a Dunmer, well then it'll need to be a different soul, most likely a Golden Saint as they are the only things readily available with a high enough soul value for constant effect enchantments.
And if that is the case I'll need to find a Daedric shrine somewhere in the vicinity of Port Telvannis.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think he's Imperial or Breton...

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Consider this a healthy bump for this quest proposal/claim.

Now that the NPCs are released, and I finally know what race Cerul Arnem belongs to, I can begin working on this again (assuming it is to be granted).

Cerul is a Dunmer and so I will have to find a way for the player to aquire the soul of a Golden Saint (or other suitably powerful soul). I didn't find any Daedric Ruins near Port Telvannis in my last search, but I will look again (though I have little hope that I missed one).

One solution is for the player needing to aquire a 'Summon Golden Saint' scroll. It could be that, while Cerul is an enchanter, he is not currently in possesion of such a scroll, but knows of a Mouth who does own one (or more). Perhaps this Mouth is Fervas Shulisa.

Another option is to tone down the effect on the robe so it doesn't require constant effect, though I would rather not go this route.

And then there is the issue of the function for which Mouth Shulisa wants the new robe. Any thoughts on the whole 'revealing of the new Hearne summoning spell' thing?

EDIT: After re-exploring the area I found a Lich in the Khifzah Ancestral Tomb (don't think its a Leveled Creature as the character I was exploring with is only at level 5). This could be of great advantage if I could turn this into a more powerful Lich. Give it a name and history and increase its soul value from the standard Lich up to something high enough for a constant effect enchantment.
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

The Artist Formerly Known As Uldar Gerzae
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

At this point I know of no plans with that lich so I'll grant this.
-- Winston Churchill
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Thank you for granting this.

I have begun working and so far have all the extra NPCs made (assassin/mercenaries, messenger, duplicate Dro'Khatsir's), the robes, a writ of exectution (for the player), the message (Dro'Khatsir's letter to the player), and duplicate interiors for Dro'Khatsir's house (dependant upon quest outcome). I have also begun dialog, but still need to know what event Mouth Shulisa wants the robe for.

As I have stated previously, I would like this event to be the Hearne Summoning that was mentioned in the Yellow Book made by Yinnie. Unfortunately Yinnie is no longer participating in the project so I have no way of finding out what her intentions were for this.

I do know that it was determined that we wouldn't be making this spell available to the player, as to do so would take up one of the two extra spell slots, which causes problems with mods that already use them.

If I may, I would like to flesh out some ideas for how to include this spell and work it into this quest (with the option of having some other quests born out of this):

As this event is supposed to be the culmination of many years of work and research, Mistress Eldale has invited many of the House Telvanni councilors and their Mouths to bear witness. Also on hand are several Telvanni Guards and retainers. The details of the event are not important yet, only that during the summoning something goes wrong: one or more Hearne are summoned but they are not under the control of Mistress Eldale. The Hearne attack and many of those present are injured or killed.

For the purposes of the Clothiers Competition, if Dro'Khatsir wins the contest the enchantment on the robe (Fortify Maximum Magicka, Resist Magicka, and Absorb Magicka, low levels but constant effect) make it possible for Mouth Shulisa to be instrumental in subduing the Hearne, thus the council's willingness to grant Dro'Khatsir his store. However if Calbin wins, the enchantments on his robe (mid level cast when used resistance to all the elements, magicka, poison and paralysis) only allow her to survive the attack while aiding in the effort to subdue the Hearne.

All of this would be dealt with in dialog only, through rumors and the conversation with Dro'Khatsir (when the player returns for the full reward).

As for other possible quests:

- Mages Guild - attempts to acquire the spell/enter the event

- Thieves Guild - hired by the mages guild to do the above

- House Telvanni - be one of the people at the event

Of course if we were to put the player at the event we would need to have a Hearne mesh made...

So is this feasable? Can I work this into the dialog or should I be coming up with another plan?
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

can you update your proposal with the changes that have been made for review purposes. thanks

also, thanks for actually making the quest, finally someone with the balls to do the dirty but awesome work

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Here is an updated proposal:

Claimer: Uldar Gerzae

Title: Port Televannis Clothiers Competition

Type: Miscellaneous

City/Region:Port Telvannis and the Telvanni Isles Region

Synopsis: Mouth Fervas Shulisa, in preperation for attending the presentation of Mistress Eldale's new daedric summoning spell, has ordered a new robe. Two local clothiers are competing for this job, Calbin Rgis the Port Telvannis Clothier, and Dro'Khatsir, a Khajiit commoner who has been petitioning for some time to be allowed to open a shop of his own.

The Quest: By talking with various Port Telvannis NPCs the Player learns through the 'Latest Rumors' topic about the competition. In talking with Dro'Khatsir the Player is asked to help him by 'borrowing' Calbin's robe (requires the Player to steal and return the robe in one night). Upon inspection of the robe it is determined that Calbin has put an enchantment on it. Dro'Khatsir asks the Player to help him enchant his robe. He gives the Player his robe and money for the purchase of a soul gem and sends the Player to the local enchanter, Cerul Arnem, a friend of Dro'Khatsir's who just happens to owe him a favor. Cerul Arnem agrees to help Dro'Khatsir, but for the enchantment he requires a specific soul. Cerul asks the Player to go to Khifzah Ancestral Tomb where a lich named Azzul resides. Upon returning with the captured soul, Cerul enchants Dro'Khatsir's robe and gives it to the player to return to Dro'Khatsir. Dro'Khatsir thanks the Player vehemently, pledging a debt of gratitiude and pays the Player 100 septims for helping him.

When the two Clothiers present their robes to Mouth Shulisa, to everyones astonishment she chooses Dro'Khatsir's robe. She is so impressed with his robe he is also granted permission to open his shop (the granting of the shop may follow her attendance of the event).

Dro'Khatsir, ecstatic about his good fortune, hires a messenger to deliver an invitation to the Player. When the Player arrives Dro'Khatsir is now Port Telvannis' best Clothier, and to repay his debt of gratitude he gives the Player the sum of the earnings from the competition (1000 septims).

Alternate Endings

- If the Player does not find Dro'Khatsir before the deadline of the competition (10 days starting with the first time the competition topic comes up in a rumor dialog) or the Player refuses to 'borrow' Calbin Rgis' robe, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition.

- If the Player is caught stealing Calbin's robe or fails to return it on time, Dro'Khatsir is labeled a cheat and a thief, and is banished from Port Telvannis. At a later point the Player will come upon Dro'Khatsir wandering along a road , and be attacked by him.

- If the Player agrees to help Dro'Khatsir enchant his robe, but then abandons the quest (stealing the robe and soul gem money), Dro'Khatsir looses the competition, is publicly shamed and subsequently hires an assassin/mercenary to kill the Player.

- If the Player refuses to retrieve the soul from Khifzah Ancestral Tomb, Cerul Arnem is forced to use a lesser soul, the enchantment is less effective and Dro'Khatsir looses the competiton. The Player is paid 50 drakes by Dro'Khatsir, but both Cerul Arnem's and Dro'Khatsir's opinions of the Player are reduced.

- If the Player fails to return with the captuerd soul or enchanted robe on time, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition and is publicly shamed. Both Cerul Arnem's and Dro'Khatsir's opinions of the Player are reduced and the Player recieves no payment.

- If the Player does not return the enchanted robe to Dro'Khatsir, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition, is publicly shamed and with the help of Cerul Arnem has a contract put out on the Player (Player is attacked
several times before the contract is up).

Requirements/Effects:

NPCs

- Mouth Fervas Shulisa

- Dro'Khatsir

- Cerul Arnem

- Calbin Rgis

- Four assassin/mercenary NPCs (one inept merc hired through Fighters Guild in first instance of quest abandonment - two skilled mercs also hired through Fighters Guild and one assassin hired through Morag Tong/Dark Brotherhood for second instance of quest abandonment)

- One messenger NPC

Creatures/Monsters

- One lich (which already exists in the Khifzah Ancestral Tomb, will need to alter the lich and possibly add a few items in the tomb to create some history for the lich)

Cells

- Port Telvannis

- Port Telvannis, Calbin Rgis: Clothier

- Port Telvannis, Dro'Khatsir's House (duplicates as abandoned house and Clothier)

- Port Telvannis, Cerul Arnem: Enchanter

- Telvanni Isles Region, Khifzah Ancestral Tomb

- Telvanni Isles Region, an undecided cell where the Player meets the Banished Dro'Khatsir on the road and is attacked by him.

Items

- One extravagant enchanted robe

- One extravagant robe (to be replaced with one of two possible enchanted variants)

- One writ of exectuion

- One letter of invitation

- One chest placed in Calbin's store to hold his robe

Dialog

- 'Latest Rumors' topics including prequest completion dialog, quest

failure dialog, and quest success dialog

- A 'competition' topic added to Mouth Fervas Shulisa

- A 'competition' topic added to Calbin Rgis

- A 'competition' topic add to Dro'Khatsir (which initiates quest dialog)

- All quest related dialog between the Player, Dro'Khatsir, and Cerul Arnem

Scripts

- main quest script

- script on banished Dro'Khatsir to enable him if nescessary

- scripts on doors to Dro'Khatsir's house to alter interior cell based on quest outcome

- script on the Lich to enable it with the introduction of the quest (prevents the player from killing it before the quest begins)

- script for the mesenger (will find the player only if the player is in certain cities/towns)

- script for the assassins (same as above but will move to wilderness regions as difficulties increase)

Hope that covers everything, quite the complicated bit just to make a simple little quest.

I do need to know whether it would be better for the assassin to be hired through the Morag Tong or the Dark Brotherhood. Currently she is Morag Tong.

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

I am finding that there are considerably more things required to make this quest possible. Mostly it is in the way of scripts but I will be adding a few more NPCs (Telvanni Guards) and some spells and items to fill out the quest.

When I am closer to completion (if not done) I will resubmit the proposal to reflect the necessary changes.

One item I have added that I would like approval on is a ring for the Lich in Khifzah Ancestral Tomb. It is currently entiled (simply) Azzul's Ring and has on it an enchantmant with constant affect Fortify Maximum Magicka (1X INT), Fortify Conjuration (25 pts), and Fortify Mysticism (10 pts). Is this too uber? (keeping in mind that the player needs to defeat a level 42 Lich to get this ring)

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

way to uber

why is the lich level 42?
you didnt get such strong thing even when you beat almalexia or when you were tryin to be nerevar. I dont think any constant effect should be on this lich, nor should the lich be level 42

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

In order to increase the soul value over the standard lich I made Azzul into a more powerful lich. I used Barilzaar and Gedna Relvel (from Tribunal) as templates for making this lich. I chose level 42 becuase it is about midway between Barilzaar (lvl 45) and Gedna (lvl 40).

I compared Azzul's Ring to other artifacts (like The Mentor's Ring) when choosing the enchantment. My main concern was the strength of the spells, not so much the constant effect aspect.

I could reduce the enchantments to 0.5X INT, and 10 points each to the skill fortifications. But, in my mind, I can't justify reducing the level of the lich considering the soul value needed. The average lich is level 20 with a soul value of 300 (400 is requiered for constant effect enchantments). If I must reduce the lich's level, I would have it go no lower than level 30.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I would think you need to have only a few 5-point fortifications on skills (around 3). The undead you are talking about, I feel, should be around level 35-39. That should be around the right strength to present enough of a challenge to most players so as to make it worthwhile.

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

ok, fair enough about the strength and uberness, but a couple issues about the actual ceremony. The questmaker cant actually tell the player its for a daedra summoning, instead they will simply say it is for the mouth for a special ceremony he will be attending. Also I want it made so that this quest can not occur if the ceremony quest in the telvanni quest line has already occured before the player receives this quest. (this can be changed once it is merged in I suppose)

So as long as you dont actually say anything about a daedra summoning, as this is hush hush, then it should be ok to make a fairly uber robe.

- If the Player refuses to retrieve the soul from Khifzah Ancestral Tomb, Cerul Arnem is forced to use a lesser soul, the enchantment is less effective and Dro'Khatsir looses the competiton. The Player is paid 50 drakes by Dro'Khatsir, but both Cerul Arnem's and Dro'Khatsir's opinions of the Player are reduced.

- If the Player does not return the enchanted robe to Dro'Khatsir, Dro'Khatsir looses the competition, is publicly shamed and with the help of Cerul Arnem has a contract put out on the Player (Player is attacked
several times before the contract is up).

ok, but the mercenaries and assassins need to be non-fighters guild because that is imperial, and the Telvanni, even just residence of PT would most likely not hire Fighters guild all the way across the province. Also, MT I believe has a presence in PT

One issue I find with the quest is simply that it is preceding the actual creation of a lot of these factions and therefore will not be able to be made really until I have finished actually setting up the factions for map 1.

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Majra, we are in complete agreement here, at no point during the quest would anyone mention anything about the nature of Mouth Shulisa's meeting. In fact only in one of the rumors, which is filtered for Telvanni members only, is there any mention of why she wants the robe, and then it only refers to a Council Meeting. The closest point to mentioning anything about the events of the meeting is when the player returns to Dro'Khatsir (after recieving the message). At this point Dro'Khatsir will explain that his robe was instrumental in helping Mouth Shulisa during the events of the meeting, though there will be no mention of what occured at the meeting.

I also agree on the quest not being available if the meeting has already occured. This will need to wait until the appropriate quest line is finished as I will need the corresponding journal entries to filter out this quest.

I hand't thought about the fact that non-Telvanni residents of Port Telvannis would not use an Imperial Guild. The current assassins are a Nord, Dunmer, Orc and Bosmer (in level of difficulty) I suppose at least the Bosmer should be changed to a Dunmer, but what of the Nord and Orc? How likely, in your opinion, is it that mercenaries of non-Dunmer descent would be avialable for hire in Port Telvannis.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well there'll probably be at least 1 brave soul who calls himself a Nord in PT. There's always one. Maybe a Nord-Orc team? Perhaps they are there only because a decently high-ranking Altmer granted them a favor, and they are working to pay it off here in Port Telvannis??

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

oh Im not denying that there are outsiders in PT, I am simply saying that PT residence would not contact the fighters guild (all the way in firewatch) for mercenary work, instead they would go to a local group, morag tong most likely.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What's the deal with this quest? Still open? or what?

Uldar

Post by Uldar »

It is mostly done, but certain aspects of the quest are loosely tied to unwritten parts (open conflict)of the Imperial Legion/Telvanni quest lines. So in order to speed up the completion of this quest, I have taken on the IL quest line, of which the first quest will be submitted within a few days.