A new member; possibly.

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thorndraco

A new member; possibly.

Post by Thorndraco »

Hello everyone, I saw this project and I just couldn't resist joining.

I practically grew up with "The Elder Scrolls" series (though I'll admit my knowledge of the 'Battlespire' and 'Redguard' games is limited). So when I saw this project I was absolutely enthralled by the very idea of seeing the beginings of Tamriel being rebuilt.

Basically the skills I have to offer are:

- Writting.
This doesn't just include your standard bit of writting. This is anything from writting in character, writting in a specific style, to reworking existing pieces, editing, ect. I take into account when something should be written eloquently to downright moronic.

- Conceptual artistry.
Not much to say about that one. I'll try to come up with some examples that I wouldn't mind sharing in the near future.

- Creating scratchwork 3D models.
I'm not knowledgable in creating a final product for Morrowind when it comes to 3D. However I can easily make detailed models for someone else to work from quickly; which could essentially cut down the time needed to produce a final product. Weapons and certain pieces of architecture I should be able to complete the models for myself.

- Texture touchup and postwork.
I notice the way textures repeat very easily, I know how to hammer those out so it's not as noticable. I also have a keen eye for making sure there is continuity between textures so everything fits within it's enviroment. Color correction is a major part of that skill. However I'll admit I'm weak with mip-mapping.

- Tamrielic Lore.
I'm no expert, but I can easily dig up information contained within 'Arena' and 'Daggerfall' since I still play them to this day. I do still have a decent bit of info on my memory though, including special locations that were in both games. I could easily assemble a list of things that haven't been covered or were changed in 'Morrowind' and help people fit things into the world.

- Constructive art and music critque.
I know just about anyone can do this, but I can tell people exactly they should work on. Whether it's one trumpet within a specific time signature sounding a little too empty to a few polygons needing to be pushed a more, I have an eye and ear for perfection. It's something I can control too though, afterall, there's no point in being annoying about it.

Anyway, sorry about the lengthy post. I'm just quite anxious and I'm a bit of a "jack-of-all-trades" so to speak. I even dable in sound engineering a bit, but I no my limits which is why I'm not offering up that skill.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Any modeler (doesn't matter if he can't model, there is always room for learning) is welcome. Hope you actually do something, because a lot of new members say they are exited about this project, then hang around this forum for awhile, and disappear. But you say you are a great fan of TES, so I hope you are really a great addition to this project. Welcome!
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

Hello Thorndraco, and Welcome to TR.

All, and I do mean all efforts and contributions are appreciated, however small you think it is.

I would say browse through the forums, ask questions if you need answers, and if you find something that interests you in the forum, go ahead and give it a try!
I would be lurking around seeing how you adapt in our little family.... and if you need help, advice, anything you can PM me.

Enjoy your stay here and Happy Modding.
Yinnie.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

That's all fine and dandy, but can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time?

;)

Seriously, welcome, you sound like you have some very useful talents, and I'm sure you'll be a boon to the project. Just don't be too critical of stuff I make or I'm likely to bite your head off. Or at least nibble on your ankle.
Claims completed:
Yashazmus, Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Sirrilas, Shrine of Mephala
Moriken, Abandoned Dunmer Stronghold
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Assorted other boring claims.
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

Welcome to the project, don't worry about credentials you'll find that most members came here without a clue and turned out just fine.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

like me. :D
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Hi Thorndraco!

IMHO you are joining the best mod in the world...

Welcome! :D

Vernon.
welp
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

<edited to remove 'spam' content>
Last edited by Stumpytheguar on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

*Tries hopelessly to dance in a suit of full plate mail*

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to welcome you to TR with a mug of Skyrim mead instead! Enjoy your stay, read the FAQ, and ask questions about anything you don't understand! :)
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Thorndraco

Post by Thorndraco »

Thank you everyone!

Actually I'll have my first attempt at a contribution for this project in the near future.