I'm online again but this is goodbye

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Rodan
Developer Emeritus

I'm online again but this is goodbye

Post by Rodan »

It's been awhile but I've finally gotten my computer back up after finally receiving the new power supply. I don't know what has been happening but I wanted first to put back up the map 2 file on my server. It's back at it's old llocation.

But this is one of the hardest things I have to do. It's time for me to say faarewell. For quite awhile I have had no time for the project. Too many things are happing in real life for me and I barely have the time to be on the computer much less on the net. I've become an uncle again, I was promoted to full time at my job, and I am still working on the new room that I recently moved into plus a lot more. Things are looking good and while I wish I could keep up with TR there no longer is a way for me to do so.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the times I have had with the members here and working with building Black Light and other parts for the project I will always look with fondness. Being an administrator allowed me to give other members my knowledge and always made me feel great when parts of the continent were finished. But you need a core that can be there all the time, not with the hours I have to keep now. The project will move forward without me and I know it will do well.

If you ever need to talk to me or have a question to ask just send me an E-Mail, not a PM. That way you'll get an answer much quicker.

To the core, my final act will be to update the maps and upload the map files for someone to update afterwards. IUnless done so already, I wish my status to be changed to 'Honorary Member'. I whish you all the best!

Sincerely,

Rodan
(Christopher Quinn)
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"
- Bugs Bunny

Yes, that is a Dusty (my cat)

Projects done:
Black Light (5-1)
Released - v.1 (done)
Claim 2-34
Lots of interiors for Black Light

Current Projects:
None
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i'm sad to here this, but...
well, hope to see you around at least from time to time.
farewell...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Farewell Rodan.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

You made the project what it is today, an infinite number of mods and admins would be hard pressed to run the project half as well as you did in the hay days. have a look at your PMs before you go. Bye
M1ke
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

So long Rodan. I wish you good luck in all your endeavours. Your contributions to TR will always be remembered, your capability sorely missed.

Fare thee well.
Nazz
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nazz »

Even though we didn't always see eye-to-eye when we were both admins, you were one of the people who kept this little shindig going all these years. Farewell and good luck with everything.
[url=http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831]Jon Stewart is my hero[/url]
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

good luck with everything rodan
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Teli

Post by Teli »

Farewell and goodluck, Rodan!
Working on:

Knuttin' atoll
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

You will be missed, rodan. If it weren't for you, TR would be a passing memory by a select few; and we owe you LOTS for this.
May you always walk on warm sands. :)

Also, as to who will take your place, I'm assuming yinnie will?
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Namarie, Rodan. You've always been an inspiring figure for both me and, I'd imagine, the whole Project. You'll be remembered.

Have fun in real life,

Garriath
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

:( Im sad to see you go. for you made this prodgect what it is today. fare well great Rodan. i hope you can drop by and wisit us from time to time. *sob*
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I'm honored to have known you, Rodan. Your place in the hall of heroes, or whatever it'll be, is assured. It took some major administrative abilities to get us through some of the valleys of the past, and you were certainly up to the task. Take your rest, but visit often. We can still use your sage advice.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Good Luck Rodan! :D

I've only been around for just over a year, so I didn't really get to know you well, but I wish you well all the same.

Stop by when you get a chance. :)
Neoptolemus
Developer

Post by Neoptolemus »

Later Rodan. You'll be missed. :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

WHY IS EVERYBODY LEAVING????????damn*sobs sobs some more stops to eat... comes back sobs
(it pretty much goes on like this)* bye :cry: :cry: :cry:
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

well i wish i would have been able to get to know you but o well thats the way it goes.

Seeya Rodan Come Back soon.

Hope you find some time someday to come back.

I also have the same question as DragonHunter

WHY IS THERE THE SUDDEN INCREASE IN THREADS THAT BEGIN
*well this is it* or *nice knowing you* WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING WHY WHY WHY
Novice interior designer
Interiors claimed:1

Interiors finished:4
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

i thought i heard somebody say isnt Lorded attackdrone now?
Novice interior designer
Interiors claimed:1

Interiors finished:4
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Yes, Lorded is attackdrone ;)
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Oh ... See you then, Rodan. You were the one who greeted me when I joined in august 2002 ... and you've always been some kind of "uncle", to me ... I wish you the best things in real life.

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

So long Rodan, you will be truly missed. You have ever strived to keep this project the way it was meant to be; a hobby. You added a sense of heart and unity to the project that will be sorely missed. Good luck in all of your real life endeavors, may the wind be on your back, and have a cold Skyrim mead on me!
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Juhazar

Post by Juhazar »

Farewell Rodan. :cry:
attackdrone

Post by attackdrone »

Chris-

I am glad to hear about the promotion and the increase in uncle-dom. Congratulations. It has been an honor modding with you. I only hope that one day you'll find the time to kick back and play this Tamriel that you helped create.
Quantity has a quality all its own.
-Josef Ivanovich Stalin
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

Take care Rodan. Glad to hear things are going well for you though we do miss having you around.
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

hey Stumpy, i joined at the same time as Noir, just after you! so three people left, not two! but still its sad to see Rodan go.
M1ke
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

wow 3 months late. i know you will never see this but Thanks you Rodan. You gave me a chance in TR when no one would take me seriosly and allowed me to work on Black light. You then had me promoted to reviewr to work on map 1 beta and then had me become a member of the core. I will truly miss you my friend and hope that some day we will meet again. Goodbye.

(Arcadea weeps)
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.