Necromancers of Boethia Mountains (WIP)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Colostriph

Necromancers of Boethia Mountains (WIP)

Post by Colostriph »

Claimed by: Colostriph
Necromancers of Boethia Mountains
(Misc. Quest)

This will take place at the interior "Milcoon", a cave in the Boethia Mountain region next to Firewatch. It will also affect Firewatch Exterior section 17, 15. And also in the Howling Noose in Firewatch.

There will be a woman pleading in the middle of firewatch for someone to help her. When you agree to help her, she will tell you that her recently dead husband's corpse was stolen three nights ago. She says that the grave diggers went to take a break and when they came back, the corpse was gone.

Further more, The grave diggers went missing the day after. She "mentions" Manolius Colvar, her contracter that found and hired the grave diggers (she and her husband where, or still are, rich imperial noblemen). You then go talk to him and he tells you that he met them through talking to a guy (Ogan Twil-Nit) at the Howling Noose in Firewatch. You go there and talk to Ogan Twil-Nit about it, and he tells you that the grave diggers that Manolius hired where strange folk. And that when he was still adventuring in those parts, that met them in a cave called "Milcoon". Back then they had just moved in.

You go to Milcoon, and find that the grave diggers are there. They are also with a few undead friends. Including the womans husband. You kill them, and bring back the husbands remains to the woman. She rewards you for your efforts with about 500 drakes.

Stuff:

4-in_tomb_all_lev+0 (leveled creatures)
Grave diggers: Therasor Benelion (Imperial Male) and Soren Tilvantheri (dunmer male)
Woman: Countess Vorius (Imperial Female)
Contracter: Manolius Colvar (Imperial Male)
Guy at Bar: Ogan Twil-Nit (Nord Male)
Unique creature: Count Vorius (Undead skeleton Battlemage)
Dialogues:

Greeting of woman, then her explanations and info.
Grave digger Topic for the contractor, Ogan, and the woman.
New journal topic: NBM_Journal

Scripts: Npcs and creatures will only be activated at certain times: The Contractor will activate when you talk to the woman, Ogan will activate after you talk to the contracter, and Count Vorius (Undead) will only activate after you talk to Ogan.
Veet
Developer Emeritus

Post by Veet »

I see no lore holes here the necromancers are suitably subtle I'll grant this quest.

Another thing I have been reminded to stress is when making a quest add your initials with a quest number to the front of all your object IDs. For example when I make my first quest I will be naming NPCs something like VE1_NPCName and Scripts will be something like VE1_Script_01. on my second submited quest I will add VE2_ etc....
"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage."
-- Winston Churchill
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

make sure this quest starts and ends cleanly, ie milcoon needs to be empty of these baddies until you get the quest, and empty after yer done with it

because we probably will use Milcoon for some faction quest
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Milcoon is desperately empty right now. Make the start location wilderness and the quest initator Dunmer, who wanted her husband to be burned on stake and buried in Ancestral Tomb under Ranyon-Ruhn. The Contracter should also dwell in Ranyon-Ruh tavern of Dancing Jug. This quest should have nice horror atmosphere about it.
THEO