Webspinner's Will (Drain Health)

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Webspinner's Will (Drain Health)

Post by Graff »

"5 sec on touch","10","10","Boethia Lake"

Webspinner's Will

The Black Widow’s life is one of intrigue and danger, and certainly not a life suited to all. Our oath should not be taken lightly, and should never be broken. There is only one fate suitable for those who betray Mephala’s patronage, and that is death by the Webspinner’s Will. Haema was once a Black Widow of great skill and prestige, but was never truly loyal to Mephala. Her bones remain inside our Threadstead, a warning to those who would follow her foolish path. We teach our Black Widows her story to ensure their loyalty. Mephala’s gifts are bountiful, but her vengeance is swift and cruel.

- Thread Mother Dalave Nerandas

2nd of First Seed

Mephala has once again failed to answer my invocation, my patience has truly run dry, I refuse…[the original journal was pitted with burns in this entry, and so we can only speculate as to what the missing sentences contained]…Thread Mother refuses my requests for an audience. I will mull this over in my chambers tonight, but I fear my faith is failing.

3rd of First Seed

I have decided. I shall follow the path of the Dunmer, and devote myself to the Tribunal, blessed be their names. Mephala’s Oath no longer binds me, I choose the living gods. I fear retribution from the Sisterhood though, I shall leave in secrecy.

4th of First Seed

Tonight I shall begin my journey south to Almalexia, far from the power of the Sisterhood. I have served Mephala for many a year, but seen no profit for my loyalty. Should others choose to follow me, to serve their own interests rather those of our “patronâ€Â￾, I shall welcome them. I fear our beloved Thread Mother should send others to capture me.

5th of First Seed

I set up camp at the Southern edge of Boethia Lake, but I feel a presence in the air, warning me, perhaps threatening me. I dared not light a fire, in case I was found while I slept, by less-than-benevolent creatures. The land has a peculiar feel here, almost as if someone was right here next to me. I fear I shall sleep little in this place. Perhaps Mephala holds power here.

6th of First Seed

Thank the Tribunal for my light sleep, I woke to the sound of rustling trees in the night, and saw black robed figures in the distance, their purpose evident from their manner. Mephala has seen fit to try and take my life. Now two of my Morag Tong brothers lay dead by my hand, it should serve as a warning to others, but I fear that I have invoked Mephala’s vengeance in my actions. I cannot stop now, for my betrayal can only be repaid with my execution. Tomorrow I shall be in Indoril territory; I hope the Tribunal’s power still holds sway there.

8th of First Seed

Yesterday I thought that the Morag Tong had given up, now it seems that my own sisters are on my trail. Mephala’s vengeance is almost certain, and I can only hope to die after many of their own. Tonight I enter the Emerald Forest, where I can at least hope to lose some of my pursuers. Even Nilin, the greatest Bosmer among my Thread, will not travel by night in such a dense forest. I have no illusions of surviving forever, but in Mournhold's sewers I could hide for some weeks.

13th of First Seed

I have not slept for many days and nights, such was the relentless speed of my pursuers. I have not dared to stop for any longer than to steal a loaf of bread from a village house or cup a handful of water from a dirty puddle. Still they hound me, out of sight and hearing, but I can sense them. I can smell them. Almalexia’s streets and walls are near. I must continue to run for Almalexia and seek shelter inside the Temple

14th of First Seed

I have been cast from the Temple in shame, an Ordinator’s sword at my throat. I shall die in the streets of Almalexia, a clean death compared to the one my Sisters had planned for me. Destiny is Cruel!

[At this point all form and grammar disappears from Haema’s Journal, runes occasionally appear beside more mundane lettering, but there is no meaning to her words. On the 15th of First Seed, there were rumors of a young Nord woman wandering the streets of Mournhold in delirium. Apparently she was a strong mage and naked but for a black garter, and Thread Mother Laurue Ieneva of Haema’s former Thread headed, on foot, for Mournhold. Young Haema was insensible and suffering from a multitude of minor ailments when Thread Mother Ieneva arrived at the healer’s quarters, but was eventually transported back to her former Threadstead. At one moment she appeared to drift back to sanity, and was given her journal.]

12th of Frost Fall

The Spiders Web! The Web! I shall not play. I shall not play the fly. Mephala! I give you your Oath. Release my bonds! Mephala!

[On the 13th of Frost Fall, the day most sacred to Mephala, Thread Mother Ieneva executed Haema in accordance with the traditions of ritual sacrifice. Haema was cast upon with the Will of the Webspinner, and given into the care of Mephala. Paralyzed in all but her throat and lips, Haema screamed until there was no sound, until blood ran down her chin and tainted the floor, such was her agony. Minutes before the turn of midnight, Haema expired and became the soulless husk we preserve her as, black eyes looking out at those who serve Mephala, seeking forgiveness. Such is the fate of those who swear falsely to Mephala, and betray their Oath. Mephala demands it.]
Last edited by Graff on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Added.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'