Black Viper and viKINGs consept arts

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Agannazar wrote:Have you considered the huge FPS decrease that will occur if a creature of that size is inserted into the game?
Strictly speaking it only depends on polygon count and texture resolution, not "size".
Black Viper wrote:Maybe the tusks isn't a sign of some kind of ice age civilization, but they just use them because they think their beautifull, or for some sign of power... And btw, the helmet was just the helmet i had drawn before.

~BV~
As you know, everything must be backed by solid Bethesda lore. We can't just make stuff up. If you want to check up on whether tusks are in lore, look in [url=http://til.gamingsource.co.uk/]Xanathar's Library/The Imperial Library[/url]. If you are unable to find anything, ask in the Lore Discussions sub-forum.
welp
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

THanks for the tip Vernon. Will think of it in future... Btw, uploaded a new image: Nordic staff of the Moon. Magic staff of a wizard/mage. And no tusks! 8)

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/black_viper/Staff.jpg[/img]

~BV~
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is some kind of church i'd drawn at school. Colored it at home, i think it'll do.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/black_viper/Church.jpg[/img]
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Black Viper wrote:... for that quality you'd be better looking in Uldars' Thread.
:oops: Aw shucks, I mean gee thanks,*stammers a bit more*...

I wouldn't worry about having top notch quality in concept art, all it needs to do is get the concept across, and your work here is doing exactly that. Besides I am like old and stuff (soon to be 32) and have been drawing and painting and all that since I was knee high to a knee.

Hmmm, don't think the church thing is going to work though, and its not just the clock on the steeple. The windows and the door don't appear to be in the Nord style.

True, all we have seen so far of Nordic architecture is the common style houses from Morrowind, and the long houses from Solsthiem, so there is no way of saying that your design is definitely not Nordic. It just doesn't feel right, though.

Perhaps you should take a look at the long houses from Solsthiem and incorporate some of the architecture from there. Loose the clock. And try drawing it from a perspective where we can see both the front and a side.
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

The Artist Formerly Known As Uldar Gerzae
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I truly feel honored that such a prof has given comment on my drawing 8) 8) . I want to say though, that I draw the drawings to put my ideas on paper... and i think the drawings from you are... well... ideas put on paper very well. (I thought there was something wrong on the picture.... although didn't know what. Clock could also be a bell as well :P )
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

The shingles also have to go. I would replace them with something like wood planks or something to that extent.