Uldar's Concept Art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Uldar

Uldar's Concept Art

Post by Uldar »

Seems to be a lot of people submitting concept art these days, so I figure I should put some of my work out too.

Actually, for me, it started with the Adamantium Armor discussions. I had an idea for some Nord style armor after doing some research, and decided I would put together some images to show my concepts.

Well the armor is coming along nicely, but I needed a break from it so I threw together a few other images as well. This one is of a Morphoid Daedra. Soon to follow will be a Herne, a Spider Daedra, the adamantium armor in both male and female variants, and also some sketches of the Argonian bamboo armor I started a while a go. So stay tuned...

This is a water color painting, photographed and then color balanced and resized in Photoshop. No other adjustments were made.
[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_161665.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Uldar on Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

The Artist Formerly Known As Uldar Gerzae
storm_crow

Post by storm_crow »

this is really cool! :lol:
oh and making te spider daedra is brilliant, I always read Darkest Darkness in morrowind where they describe all the lesser daedra and thought it sucked becaused they didn't have that spider daedra in the game...
anyways great drawing!
''Silly Rabbit, tricks are for kids.''
-Oren Ishii and The Bride

Currently working on plays of every shapes colors and sizes for Tamrielic Players.
Timito

Post by Timito »

8o 8o 8o Uldar, that one's great! I can't wait to see some more of you're stuff, keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Vyvara Araneae
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vyvara Araneae »

Excellent work on this piece, my dear. :)

Your watercolor technique is quite impressive. I especially love the posing as well as the perspective.

I greatly anticipate viewing more of your work. ;)
[url=http://thebluequeen.bravehost.com][img]http://a146.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_4424b83f00b96927698e547d14390aa9.jpg[/img][/url]

"I don't know if I should be honored to be the first one created, or angry that I'm a puddle of ejaculate." -Dexter (02.05.06)
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Thank you, storm_crow, Timito, and Vyvara, for your opinions. I am always grateful for people's feedback. And doubly so when it is praise. :D

OK as promised, here is my next peice...

It is the Nord style Mithril armor for the ladies. It consists of plate and chain with leather/fur underneath. In the design I was trying to get it to have a bit of influence from Imperial style (Adamantium) with touches of real world viking (note the face plate and sword hilt).

I figure this style would be found near the south eastern borders of Skyrim, with some crossing into Cyrodil and Morrowind.

The painting itself is not exactly a finished work, but there is enough there to get the concept across. I will likely finish it, but for now, here it is.(So much to do and so little time...)

And much like my previous piece, it was photographed digitally (too big to scan) and color adjusted in Photoshop (white balancing)

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_161667.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Uldar on Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

SHIT! It is just awesome! 8o 8o 8o
THEO
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

That is fucking mint!! Would you be willing to help me do some concept art for the Hircine cult?

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Asylum
Developer

Post by Asylum »

great now do a nice detailed front and back picture of that armour and i won't even have to make textures :p
"Forgive me, for I don't know what I gain
Alone in this garden of pain
Enchantment has but one truth:
I weep to have what I fear to lose"
Timito

Post by Timito »

:shock:That looks like you just ripped it of the concept art page at elderscrolls.com! Very, very, very (x10) good work, can you make weapons concept art? That'd be great :mrgreen:.
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

@Everyone: Thank You

@Graff: PM me the details of what you want and I will puts some stuff together for you.

@Asylum: If you make the meshes, send me the unwrapped UV images and I will make the textures.

@Timito: Sure I'll do some weapons. Anything specific you have in mind?

Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

100 out of 10. simply amazing.
Hold on sec, my keyboard is sliding off the desk, i gotta catch it b4 it jnkgdnldnl
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

:shock: wow... how long did that take you? your very good. :D
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

Oh man... I just became a little dizzy... How in the name of god did you mannage to make those???
Those are far better than the oblivion consept arts!!! keep up the good (great) work!!!

(And please, please, please, PLEASE make more daedra consept arts!*makes big begging puppy eyes* :rolleyes: )
-the real OC G
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is what i call..... AWESOME DUDE!! :D :D (about weapons, i would like to see kinda elven weapons... like the shield that was ingame)
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Maybe something Dwemeri ? :p
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Maurtini

Post by Maurtini »

that is some slick artwork! i love it!
Timito

Post by Timito »

Uldar Gerzae wrote: @Timito: Sure I'll do some weapons. Anything specific you have in mind?
I'd love to see some swords :D.
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

Sacrifice Dagger :D
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Thanks again everyone...(I'll get to your suggestion in due time)

OK this piece comes with a warning:

WARNING
The following image may prove disturbing to arachnophobic viewers.
If sweatiness, light headedness, shortness of breath, and/or skin crawling results. Then I did my job :D

Seriously, after several hours researching the anatomy of spiders I had one hell of a time sleeping. I woke up out of a dead sleep turned on my light, and stood there staring at my bed for like a minute before I realized that there were no spiders in there. I think it was the images of the Brown Recluse bites that got to me. Horrid things. :shock:

This is the second Spider Daedra image I did, the first one had some errors. I used the info from the UESP site, and didn't get a close look at the image. So my first Spider Daedra looks more like a Spider Centaur (normal 'human' arms). When I was nearing completion of that piece, I went back and got a closer look at the image (from Battlespire) on the site and realized that the arms end as the front legs. And so I remade it.

And here it is...
[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_161669.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Uldar on Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

:shock: Oh I got a bit dizzy again... This time because I'm shit sceared of spiders!
Seriolusy, You did it again! Someone should deffently update the conseptarts at the main page soon, and add some of those!

Your works are AWSOME, man! Keep up the good work(and keep coming with the daedras! :wink: )!
-the real OC G
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

That is f*ck*ng amazing!! I'm glad I'm not afraid of spiders!

Graff.

P.S. Uldar, are you still willing to do some concept art for me?
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

I hate brown recluse spiders, I still bear the mark of their molestation (a small scar right across my heart).

Looks very nice.

-Starcrunch
storm_crow

Post by storm_crow »

This is amazing, someone, of course, has to make this. Spider daedra is in lore and this is one hell of spider daedra. This is what mephala's followers are ment to be like! (if they are associated with mephala, I think they are)

Currently working on plays of every shapes colors and sizes for Tamrielic Players.
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Thanks again everyone. I am glad you all like my stuff.

This post is not an addition of another piece (soon though) it is to inform you that I have recently put up an on-line portfolio. If you are interested you can view some more of my stuff (predominantly photographs) at http://ArtWanted.com/D'Ral

Thank you

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Nice stuff, Uldar.

Graff.
Timito

Post by Timito »

*takes a look at the spider drawing*

Aaaaaahhhhh!!!! NO... NO! Get them of me! Help... 8o 8o 8o :shock: :shock:

*Runs to the kitchen, grabs a knife and locks himself up in the bedroom*

Hehe that's seriously sick dude, great job, are you at art academie or... whatever? I would like to see you're concepts being put into models, can you also do armor?
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Howdy all,

Been a while since I've added any new work, but that is all about to change. I just recently received my new toy; I bought a 9 x 12 digital tablet to speed up my creation of concept art. And so far it is working.

This is the Herne, it is based on the image of the Herne posted on the UESP site, which can be found here: http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/herne.jpg

As you can see, I didn't have much to work with, so if you see any discrepancies, please point them out to me and I will fix them.

This is my first piece done with my tablet, it's a little rough as I am still learning how to deal with the way things work. As I get more comfortable with it I will be working faster and probably be adding backgrounds.

How much faster is it? By comparison, the Morphoid Daedra took approximately six hours. The Mithril Armor, about twelve. And the Spider Daedra was around eight hours of work. This piece took roughly four hours, some of which was spent on the learning curve.

And I don't have to clean any brushes :D
Attachments
Herne.jpg
(22.72 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

storm_crow

Post by storm_crow »

Yeah! Another eye-treat concept by Uldar! The drawing is (as always) amazing, I hop your concepts get put in the game! Is a Herne a daedra by the way? Excuse my ignorance.

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I love it, captures the demon ideal perfectly while being completely original. Can't wait to see more.

Graff.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Nice, wish I could afford a Tablet, all my arts been done by mouse, and its beginning to get tedious. What kinda Tablet did you get? Wacom right?
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

my brother does them on paper by hand and i take a picture of them or scan them.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

First to answer a few questions:

@ storm_crow: Yes, a herne is a Daedra, and we will be adding it in-game as it is a part of the Telvanni quest line (according to the Brown Book, Mistress Eldale is finishing up a new daedra summoning spell, which summons the herne).

@ Turelio: Yep, Wacom. I too did some work with the mouse and it is not very intuitive. Very slow and tedious indeed. The tablet is closer to normal, but still a little weird: have to look at the monitor, not where you are drawing. And the tactile feedback is different, too smooth. Wacom does have two digital tablets that are essentially LCD displays you can draw on, which should be more natural. Of course they cost over a thousand, so I won't be getting one of those for a while.

OK, and now to the point of this post:

While doing my research for the herne piece, I posted a request on the officials. I got a few replies, which were helpful, but still had to pretty much wing it as far as figuring out what the herne was to look like. Well I got one more response (via PM) with a link to some higher resolution images, and so I need to make some changes to the herne (and the Morphoid Daedra seemingly - we'll see how well I can match the medium with the tablet).

The link to the hi-res images is here:
http://www.cd.chalmers.se/~conan/battlespire/battlegmonster.html

As you can see, those aren't antlers on the herne. Oh, well, perhaps I will add a background while I'm at it :D

Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Yea I know about those ones, but they are way out of my price range for now, unless i get more serious about it. Wacom are pretty much the only Tablets I've heard about, no doubt I've heard nothing but good about them but I imagine there must be some others making similar products for Art applications. Anyhow, good luck on learning to use it, from what I've seen once you do get use to it, it is a very very useful tool.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This are VERY good drawings.... way better as my teacher draws.... (don't hope he gets that). But the time you are working on them.... amazing!
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Alrighty, here is the reworked herne, I made the horns as they need to be and roughed in a background to give it some atmosphere.

I will leave the other one for a little while (for comparison), but due to spring cleaning it will be removed shortly.

Graff, the Hounds stuff is coming shortly

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_167290.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Uldar on Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Like it. Can't wait for Hounds stuff :).

Graff.
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Right, here is a piece for Graff's Hounds...

This is a sacrificial dagger. It is made from the bones of a werewolf (who possibly was one of the founding fathers of the hounds - that's up to Graff) and therefore a sacred artifact to them.

The blade is made from the sternum (breastbone), the hilts are the canines (fangs), and the handle is from the humerous (upper arm - likely from the sword arm).

Graff has already seen the sketches, so I know he approves of this design. I would like to have added hair coming out in short strands around the hilts, and in longer, flowing strands up at the pommel. This however, will likley prove difficult to model (and animate) so we opted to leave it out. Any other suggested changes are welcome.

Otherwise I am off to make some more...

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_187963.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_187965.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Uldar on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

You are an extremely good artist. You know that?
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

agreed
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Perfect...

I also agree with the previous two posts, you're a great artist. Any luck with the career change?

Graff.