Conflict-free mod packs with TR 2021

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
thuggish_camonna's picture
thuggish_camonna
2 years 5 months ago

Hello N'wahs, filthy swits et al

Let me start by profusely thanking all of the incredible modders who have managed to keep the spirit of Vvardenfell & Morrowind alive after all these long years! I am a longtime player of Morrowind, I embarked on my first voyage of vvardenfell at the tender age of 11 years old and my adventures in that exotic land, and the lands painstakingly created by this modding community, led me to become a foreign correspondent and journalist, where I visited far-flung corners of the globe to join strange guilds and conduct strange operations in weird envrionments in this world.

All of this is to say that I am in the need right now for some very serious stress relief, which is why, after 7 years, I want to get back to a heavily-modded session of Morrowind again, just like old times. I work in cloud engineering now and need something to do at hte computer that's relaxing. I know Morrowind is that for me, however my old Bethsoft\Morrowind\Data Files\ directory is not satisfactory these days, and hte game crashes for manifold reasons.

## My question

Are there any curated mod packs that anyone at TR maintains, whereby we can overhaul the graphics and other components in the game in a lore-friendly way? I am looking for a curated list of mod packs that fit well with 2021 Windows 10 machiens with relatively high (1080 resolution) modificiations. It's been a long time since I've played morrowind, and the directory I have of all the mods.. well, I tried to swap out TR's new release with the one I used to have from 2013, and things went south. I have the graphics extender and a host of other stuff.

Any recommendaitons for mods to also acquire, I'm all ears. I just want to get sucked into Morrowind again and wouldn't mind a bunch of cool new stuff, as long as it's lore-friendly and isn't gawdy.

Vern's picture
Vern
Senior DeveloperInterior Reviewer
1 hour 42 sec ago

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/recommended-mods < this is the reccomended mod list for the project.

Doesnt have any new content mods recomened other than our sister project "Project Tamriel", but the list provides an excellent foundation for a returning player to work off.

"Nomen album delenda est" - a great man

"Forum sigantures suck" - the same great man